Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

managerman wrote: »
    I somehow only attract older women, I'm 26, date tonight with a 34 year old who I have been seeing on and off for nearly a year now, just depends on your preference

I'm 26. And generally like my men in their 30s. After my last creepy ex that was 25, I'm put off similar aged men, no offence! :/

And good luck on your date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

I'm 26. And generally like my men in their 30s. After my last creepy ex that was 25, I'm put off similar aged men, no offence! :/

And good luck on your date :)

Must they have a penchant for stripy socks too?

Nope. Not at all. However, they must not have any underlying mental issues, and I'm not being insensitive to those people who do suffer with such problems, but I don't want the problems of the world on my shoulders so early on in a relationship. No thanks. And no psycho texting me when we've broken up either! :) Thanks! Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Nope. Not at all. However, they must not have any underlying mental issues, and I'm not being insensitive to those people who do suffer with such problems, but I don't want the problems of the world on my shoulders so early on in a relationship. No thanks. And no psycho texting me when we've broken up either! :) Thanks! Haha!

Don't break up then! Miss picky!!

Aww no, really not picky! I'm not! :( Am quite happy go lucky. Just in a B A D mood today! But don't think that I'm picky, I'm not, but irrelevant anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That_Guy wrote: »
    Read that as massaged....

Niiiiice.

So did I! :pac:

I know who the mystery athlete is. It was in the paper a few weeks go that he's on it. Pow pow! ;)

Good to hear of the successful dates! YAY! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Honey-ec wrote: »

I also had a rather well-known athlete message me other day. Definitely not a fake profile either, cause I know his agent and sussed him out straightaway, ha ha!

Think I know who your talking about and if it's the same one were talking about I did read somewhere that he's on it. Can imagine he's only on it for one thing ;)

Should have a date on Thursday with a guy from okc. Not sure why but I've never had much luck with that website never really fancied any of the guys I've met off it. He seems nice so we shall see. Also been talking to some funny guys off Pof. Have not had any decent conversation with anyone off that in a while so shocked to get talking to the two of them in the same day!

Aww no, really not picky! I'm not! :( Am quite happy go lucky. Just in a B A D mood today! But don't think that I'm picky, I'm not, but irrelevant anyway :)

I think we all have a right to be picky..

Larianne wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Read that as massaged....

Niiiiice.

So did I! :pac:

I know who the mystery athlete is. It was in the paper a few weeks go that he's on it. Pow pow! ;)

Good to hear of the successful dates! YAY! :)
    Is he your type tho lar?

I'm not picky, but I do know what I want/don't want :D

• Advertisement

I'm not picky, but I do know what I want/don't want :D
    I hope you have that up on the profile!

Didn't set up a new profile. Don't think I'm going to do the online dating thing again. . . . Although in my job, there aren't a lot of prospects to meet males so.... I could end up joining again!

Is he your type tho lar?

I was going to say I don't have a 'type' but looking back I don't tend to go for dark haired guys. So that would be a no. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Funnily enough I ONLY go for dark haired fellas :)

Funnily enough I ONLY go for dark haired fellas :)
    I wonder why I wasn't having any luck on pof, must be the dark hair factor!

And the fact that I'm not even on it, anymore ;) Spent long enough on it!

awec wrote: »
    Flip me dark hair is hardly a "type". :pac:

Well just looking back at the guys I've dated, none have had dark hair. Well I went on one date with a dark haired guy, not attracted to at all.

Looks like I've a mid week date next week. :)

And the fact that I'm not even on it, anymore ;) Spent long enough on it!
    Miss modest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Try Badoo and Tagged......never heard of OKC!

Yeah OK Cupid a lot here seem to rate it!

Glad to hear you date went well :)
    Perhaps you are right, probably wrong of me to dismiss someone immediately just because of age. I suppose it's a personal preference thing, generally, I find men about 5 years older than me to be attractive. Although obviously not limited to such :P

I always found this a bit weird with some girls. I can understand not wanting to see someone that's too much younger than you, say 3-4 + years.

But I often see girls on some sites who are like 20, 21 and have it set for guys only 25 and older for example. But there are lots of older women who will only seem to entertain guys that are a few years older as well.

Surely there's no harm in chancing someone your own age or maybe a year or two younger? I mean for all you know they could be the one you really hit it off with! Some people really end up narrowing their options this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Other flavours of men!? Haha! I'm not even picky! Really! Plus I thought men, when they reached a certain age, matured like a good wine, and didn't play games and such, but, it appears I was incorrect. I dare not go younger. Ugh.

This is exactly why i had to remove that im studying as a game designer from my profile, bloody stereotyping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I have always heard that the man should be 4 years older to match maturity wise......cant really agree, can only be seen as a guideline!

I am 25 and my last relationship was with a 44 year old, we split but nothing about maturity. I am currently awaiting my 3rd date with a girl off POF. She is 30 and has said that I am by far the most mature out of the fellas she has dated off the site, the 3 of them were all older than HER, never mind being older than myself!

Good luck to anyone out on a date tonight, especially the "romantic walk" ones......that weather is unnatural!:D

Having just received a really really horrible text from someone I finished with weeks ago, I can honestly say that I wish everyone the best of luck on dates and I hope they're not flipping weirdos. I don't understand why people can't be mature about a break up and move on. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that I got out when I did. Ugh. Done with online dating! [Although obviously, weirdos aren't limited just to online dating sites!]

Herrick wrote: »
    Yeah OK Cupid a lot here seem to rate it!

Glad to hear you date went well :)

I always found this a bit weird with some girls. I can understand not wanting to see someone that's too much younger than you, say 3-4 + years.

But I often see girls on some sites who are like 20, 21 and have it set for guys only 25 and older for example. But there are lots of older women who will only seem to entertain guys that are a few years older as well.

Surely there's no harm in chancing someone your own age or maybe a year or two younger? I mean for all you know they could be the one you really hit it off with! Some people really end up narrowing their options this way.

Yes you are right, there is the possility of narrowing options. However, some people will always stick to their preferences - has to be between a certain height, age, etc. Nothing wrong with that either. If they miss out on something great, then that's their loss :)

Having just received a really really horrible text from someone I finished with weeks ago, I can honestly say that I wish everyone the best of luck on dates and I hope they're not flipping weirdos. I don't understand why people can't be mature about a break up and move on. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that I got out when I did. Ugh. Done with online dating! [Although obviously, weirdos aren't limited just to online dating sites!]
    Told ya! Don't break up and this won't happen!

Bloody glad I did now! What a psycho! I won't settle, and thankfully had the balls to finish it when I did or I could be totally trapped.

Believe me, i'd rather not be breaking up with people, but, if they're not right...................

Bloody glad I did now! What a psycho! I won't settle, and thankfully had the balls to finish it when I did or I could be totally trapped.

Believe me, i'd rather not be breaking up with people, but, if they're not right...................

If he's that bad you should look into blocking his number :eek:

Can you block texts? That's part of the problem though - he text me off a new number today, tricking me into thinking it was someone I'd given it to on a night out, but I know its him [no I'm not being paranoid]. It IS him. I've a headache just thinking about it!

Can you block texts? That's part of the problem though - he text me off a new number today, tricking me into thinking it was someone I'd given it to on a night out, but I know its him [no I'm not being paranoid]. It IS him. I've a headache just thinking about it!

Depending on your phone/network yes. Try ringing your network first. I think certain smartphones have an app that blocks numbers too.

I also recently found out that there has been a law brought in that allows the Gardai to prosecute people for sending abusive text messages ;) It might be worthwhile going to them about it. I spotted this in the PI forum here mind you, its not from experience :p

• Advertisement

Problem being though, he's texting off a different number so how would anyone prove it was him? He got a new phone I reckon. But still using his old number. Ah well. Do ya know what, as paranoid as I am about the stuff that he threw at me in the text, I'm letting it go over my head!

See, I did say I dislike drama, and look what I'm in the middle of :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement