Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

rejoycer wrote: »
    Imagine your boyfriend of a year (who's over 30) filtering his facebook message so you get to see the same profile his aunty see.. what scumbags are out there! It might be a clever thing but it's so obvious that it's been done! Silly Silly men :pac:

What? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Samich wrote: »
    What? :confused:

I think it might reference a BF who has altered the security settings on their FB profile so that the GF can no longer see everything on his page? Which might as well be pointless as to have never happened. If you need a FB page to keep in contact with someone then you've grossly misunderstood the purpose of the entire telecommunication industry.

I think it might reference a BF who has altered the security settings on their FB profile so that the GF can no longer see everything on his page? Which might as well be pointless as to have never happened. If you need a FB page to keep in contact with someone then you've grossly misunderstood the purpose of the entire telecommunication industry.

I'm not sure what's happened here? Has he picked a setting which doesn't show her his statuses etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm not sure what's happened here? Has he picked a setting which doesn't show her his statuses etc?

You can put people on limited profile, then they can only see certain stuff, still friends with them but kinda blocked! It's a good tool!

No idea what relevance it has to the thread though :rolleyes: :confused:

Pembily wrote: »
    You can put people on limited profile, then they can only see certain stuff, still friends with them but kinda blocked! It's a good tool!

No idea what relevance it has to the thread though :rolleyes: :confused:

And what relevance to his aunt? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

And what relevance to his aunt? :P

God only knows!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

7 messages in the last few days from different guys...

hopefully I don't screw this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Apparently 214 men want to meet me....it would seem they're all too shy to actually meet me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Had a date Thursday night with a guy I meet on a dating site. Got on great and the date ended with a kiss. He seemed quite keen but I haven't heard from him since and I logged on tonight to see if he was on line and he was!

Would you take that to mean (a) he isn't interested or (b) he is trying to keep his options open or other (please give opinion).

Other: Coulda been checking if you were online! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

That guy, who I think may work in same company.... his photos have all disappeared! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Well after a 7 month relationship has come to an end, having thoughts about getting back out there in the near future. Ugh, the thought of the dating game again :(

What sites are you guys using these days out of interest? Anything new beside the old classics like PoF, OKC, etc? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Herrick wrote: »
    Well after a 7 month relationship has come to an end, having thoughts about getting back out there in the near future. Ugh, the thought of the dating game again :(

What sites are you guys using these days out of interest? Anything new beside the old classics like PoF, OKC, etc? :p

Try Badoo and Tagged......never heard of OKC!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

Those who don't feel any spark on a date and know they don't want to see the person again...are you brave enough to tell them at the end of the date or do you wait til you're ''back where it all began'' and let them down in a more gentle (and cowardly) way online?

Had my best ever 2nd date tonight, if not the best full stop. Great dinner, then nice walk to and from the cinema, with a nice film experience in between, then had our first kiss which did not let the night down in any way!! Was fantastic......good luck to anyone with any upcoming dates!

I am meeting this great woman at her house on Thursday for dinner and a dvd night! Can't wait!

Been chatting to a few nice girls lately - hopefully will be meeting 'em soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, the guy who injured his ankle last week has rescheduled for tomorrow, same time & place. Second time lucky, wha?

I also had a rather well-known athlete message me other day. Definitely not a fake profile either, cause I know his agent and sussed him out straightaway, ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Third date last night, had a nice evening in town, went to see Wrath of the Titans (which was shite) followed by some kissing and hand holding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I also had a rather well-known athlete message me other day.

Read that as massaged....

Niiiiice.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    So, the guy who injured his ankle last week has rescheduled for tomorrow, same time & place. Second time lucky, wha?

I also had a rather well-known athlete message me other day. Definitely not a fake profile either, cause I know his agent and sussed him out straightaway, ha ha!

What's his sport??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

So, hows the world of online dating going? I met 2 boyfriends off it but have given up now. Most of the men seem to have issues of some sort. I dislike drama. Where are all the easy going decent men?! Although, I think I'm going on a man free diet for a while anyway ;)

• Advertisement

Feel free to PM me ;-)

Haha no really, man diet :P Men just cause me headaches. I like the drama free life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I think I'm going on a man free diet for a while anyway ;)

Try some other flavours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

KTRIC wrote: »
    Third date last night, had a nice evening in town, went to see Wrath of the Titans (which was s[SIZE="2"]hit[/SIZE]e) followed by some kissing and hand holding :D
    Wrath of the titans was ****?! You just ruined my day...😔

Other flavours of men!? Haha! I'm not even picky! Really! Plus I thought men, when they reached a certain age, matured like a good wine, and didn't play games and such, but, it appears I was incorrect. I dare not go younger. Ugh.

Other flavours of men!? Haha! I'm not even picky! Really! Plus I thought men, when they reached a certain age, matured like a good wine, and didn't play games and such, but, it appears I was incorrect. I dare not go younger. Ugh.
    Younger guys can be mature-ish!! Just have to find the right one!

Perhaps you are right, probably wrong of me to dismiss someone immediately just because of age. I suppose it's a personal preference thing, generally, I find men about 5 years older than me to be attractive. Although obviously not limited to such :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

managerman wrote: »

Like it looked like it possibly be anything else but ****?

Perhaps you are right, probably wrong of me to dismiss someone immediately just because of age. I suppose it's a personal preference thing, generally, I find men about 5 years older than me to be attractive. Although obviously not limited to such :P
    I somehow only attract older women, I'm 26, date tonight with a 34 year old who I have been seeing on and off for nearly a year now, just depends on your preference

• Advertisement

mc_grens wrote: »
    managerman wrote: »

Like it looked like it possibly be anything else but ****?

You are all ruining my day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement