Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Galvasean wrote: »
    Writing is fun....
    Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:
    mood wrote: »
    Why? Your just wasting you time until up upload a photo and write a profile.

Hehe, I am queen of procrastinating. Hamlet ain't got nothing on me!
    But I have a pic and something half decent written up now, that'll have to do until I can sit down tomorrow and waffle properly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

I am inclined to agree and thats what I am getting at I think. But has anyone here felt a "spark" through messaging?

EDIT: Maybe I am wrong on arrange a date ASAP. Imagine the pure arkwardness if there was originally no spark, jaysis.

Think it's best to move quickly on the date - after all, there could be competition :) But really more about the fact that you won't know if there is a real spark until a real-life meeting. In fact, the prospect of meeting up can give the online interactions that bit more spark ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Indeed.

POF or OkCupid or both?

Both, sure why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How do some of you lads end up getting messages from women?
    I'm hilarious :pac:

And I'm handsome :pac:

Both, sure why not!

^^ This. OKC has a good template so best write it up there first, then copy n paste it to POF.

• Advertisement

Just relogged into connectingsingles.com for teh first time in ages. They've changed the layout, its actually quite nice now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

And I'm handsome :pac:

My apartment smells of rich mahogany. Is that off-putting I wonder.
    ^^ This. OKC has a good template so best write it up there first, then copy n paste it to POF.

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Ooooh, what was that like??????????? :D

A bit weird! It's never happened here. An American girl asked me out once when I was standing in the queue in Starbucks in Boston. Shame I was going back to Ireland that day. I think there's a bit more equality in the dating game in the US.

I swear, I don't know what to say in a first message. Just clicking yes for "Do you want to meet her". lol :(

Was looking at some profiles on CS and one girl has as one of her profile pics....
    a picture of her....
    in her underwear...
    kissing a dude....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's a girl on POF with an overflowing ashtray, cigarettes and a lighter next to her. Not the most attractive of images ...

I am continuing the browsing unbroken despite the all too common narcissistic girls with dozens of suggestive pics who despite all that, are not looking for an intimate encounter and have no details at all on their profile

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Owen wrote: »
    There's a girl on POF with an overflowing ashtray, cigarettes and a lighter next to her. Not the most attractive of images ...
    And I bet she's down as a non smoker!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

newbee22 wrote: »
    And I bet she's down as a non smoker!:P

It may not have been her who smoked!

Anyway, I was chatting a few guys and even when on a couple of date with one guy from a dating site before Christmas and now nothing from any of them!!! Why chat for days/weeks and then nothing???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Meeting up tomorrow evening. Hopefully the fact we've lots in common translates well to meeting face to face....

Well, I have to say, that was much more than just enjoyable. She is really lovely and I think we have pretty much agreed to meet again.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That's the stuff wobblyknees (nice username by the way!)
    Delighted to hear it went well for you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

before... wrote: »
    It may not have been her who smoked

To be fair, it was a large table, and the placement was at her seat. Even if she didn't why the hell would anyone put that up as a photo?

Panthro wrote: »
    That's the stuff wobblyknees (nice username by the way!)
    Delighted to hear it went well for you!:)

Thank you. I really appreciate it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

newbee22 wrote: »
    it's either all 19 year olds or 55 year olds messaging me....I must come across as a cougar or the female version of a toyboy!:rolleyes:

newbee, are you on POF? you can edit your settings so only certain people can mail you - for example guys between 25 and 35!

before... wrote: »
    Why chat for days/weeks and then nothing???

Alas, 'tiz one of the great mysteries of online dating. I've lost count of the amount of people I've been chatting to who agreed provisionally to go on a date/meet for coffee or whatever, even exchanged numbers with only for them to disappear off the radar and cease all contact with me before said date could occur.
    Ze mind, she boggles! :pac:
    Best thing you can do really is not to get too excited when chatting to people, that way if they do disappear on you it's no biggie. Just focus your time/effort on someone else. It can be frustrating by times, but there aint nothin' ya can do about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Well, I have to say, that was much more than just enjoyable. She is really lovely and I think we have pretty much agreed to meet again.

Nice one man :-) Now aren't ya glad you mailed her.. ;) Sweet!

Alas, 'tiz one of the great mysteries of online dating. I've lost count of the amount of people I've been chatting to who agreed provisionally to go on a date/meet for coffee or whatever, even exchanged numbers with only for them to disappear off the radar and cease all contact with me before said date could occur.
    Best thing you can do really is not to get too excited when chatting to people, that way if they do disappear on you it's no biggie. Just focus your time/effort on someone else. It can be frustrating by times, but there aint nothin' ya can do about it.

You should probably hold off sending the naked pics by text until after the first date...

:D

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Nice one man :-) Now aren't ya glad you mailed her.. ;) Sweet!

Absolutely, whatever happens next, it was more than worth it....

Think I've got another one for the weird/offputting profile pics list. Just saw a girl who has some guy licking her tits in her profile pic.
    What an odd choice of photo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Should I email the few lads who I haven't seen on line since before Christmas? There seems to be so few my age etc I would consider meeting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

zuroph wrote: »
    Things going great with the GF a few weeks in, New years was awesome,and met another friend of hers who had met her fella on POF also. Keep at it folks, its a terrible site but its worked for me :)

good for you! ;)
    i met my guy on connecting singles, my first time ever trying that site.. we're dating about 6 weeks and have confirmed bf/gf status :D but im just wondering when is it an acceptable time to bring up closing down the accounts on the site? without sounding too forward or whatever..

liz2 wrote: »
    good for you! ;)
    i met my guy on connecting singles, my first time ever trying that site.. we're dating about 6 weeks and have confirmed bf/gf status :D but im just wondering when is it an acceptable time to bring up closing down the accounts on the site? without sounding too forward or whatever..

I would close down/deactivate mine either way if I felt comfortable with how things were going, so I would suggest you do this anyway. In fact I am a fairly straightforward person when it comes to these things and would probably shy away from using the site at all very quickly. But that's me. However, in your situation, you both seem to be getting on well so I am sure you know how to bring it up in a nice enough way. Something along the lines of "Are we serious enough now to delete our online profiles?"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

I would close down/deactivate mine either way if I felt comfortable with how things were going, so I would suggest you do this anyway. In fact I am a fairly straightforward person when it comes to these things and would probably shy away from using the site at all very quickly. But that's me. However, in your situation, you both seem to be getting on well so I am sure you know how to bring it up in a nice enough way. Something along the lines of "Are we serious enough now to delete our online profiles?"....

yeah, i really don't have the interest in logging in anymore but i have noticed that he's still logs in at times:confused: now, in saying that he'd be sending me flowers and messages & that but still, im not comfortable that he's still active on it.. i cud be over-reacting but thats just me.. to be honest id afraid he may be nabbed by someone else!! it is a dating site afterall..
    im gonna bring it up the next time i see him.. i wudnt dream of it this soon normally but like i said we have confirmed our status and are quite smitten ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

liz2 wrote: »
    yeah, i really don't have the interest in logging in anymore but i have noticed that he's still logs in at times:confused: now, in saying that he'd be sending me flowers and messages & that but still, im not comfortable that he's still active on it.. i cud be over-reacting but thats just me.. to be honest id afraid he may be nabbed by someone else!! it is a dating site afterall..
    im gonna bring it up the next time i see him.. i wudnt dream of it this soon normally but like i said we have confirmed our status and are quite smitten ;)

Maybe he is only logging in to check if you are logging in and the two of you are in a self repeating circle of checking the others activity?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement