Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Liz, I think it's perfectly fine to bring it up (casually :p) if ye've agreed ye're exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Maguined wrote: »
    Maybe he is only logging in to check if you are logging in and the two of you are in a self repeating circle of checking the others activity?

ya i was thinking that..:rolleyes:

Liz, I think it's perfectly fine to bring it up (casually :p) if ye've agreed ye're exclusive.

ya i think the 'casual' approach of bringing it up sounds good..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

liz2 wrote: »
    good for you! ;)
    i met my guy on connecting singles, my first time ever trying that site.. we're dating about 6 weeks and have confirmed bf/gf status :D but im just wondering when is it an acceptable time to bring up closing down the accounts on the site? without sounding too forward or whatever..

I would have thought when you had the conversation confirming bf/gf status would have been a good time. It wouldn't be right for either of you to be still using a dating site if when in a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

casual's good, havent had any specific talk about exclusiveness as such... I had simply closed my pof account few days earlier, dating sites somehow came up while chatting and just mentioned to her that I had closed mine coz wasnt using it anymore, she smilingly asked was it because i'd met someone i really liked :) yep (with big grin on own face)... herself :pac::pac:

She mentioned she'd close hers too as wasnt using it anymore either.... dont feel any need to check that, simply because i really like this girl and completely trust her :)

yup yup, skippy's got da butterflies bad :pac::D:)

• Advertisement

MudSkipper wrote: »
    casual's good, havent had any specific talk about exclusiveness as such... I had simply closed my pof account few days earlier, dating sites somehow came up while chatting and just mentioned to her that I had closed mine coz wasnt using it anymore, she smilingly asked was it because i'd met someone i really liked :) yep (with big grin on own face)... herself :pac::pac:

She mentioned she'd close hers too as wasnt using it anymore either.... dont feel any need to check that, simply because i really like this girl and completely trust her :)

yup yup, skippy's got da butterflies bad :pac::D:)

aw thats cool, well done you ;)

yup, the casual way is good..as i dont want him thinking im a nut or something:rolleyes: its just that when we've confirmed things, i really don't think its acceptable to be online anymore..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ok, I think I've written a half decent profile now! Any boardsies on OKC feel like checking it over and telling me whether I come across as a crazy stalker or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Sure why not, PM on a link! (Assuming you're a girl that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Owen wrote: »
    Good to know I'm not the only one who thought that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I am inclined to agree and thats what I am getting at I think. But has anyone here felt a "spark" through messaging?

EDIT: Maybe I am wrong on arrange a date ASAP. Imagine the pure arkwardness if there was originally no spark, jaysis.
    Chet Zar wrote: »
    Think it's best to move quickly on the date - after all, there could be competition :) But really more about the fact that you won't know if there is a real spark until a real-life meeting. In fact, the prospect of meeting up can give the online interactions that bit more spark ;)

Yep, if you are messaging each other most days, ask the person out within a week. Otherwise you're dragging things out, PLUS you may not be the only person they are in contact with. Ya snooze ya lose!
    Well, I have to say, that was much more than just enjoyable. She is really lovely and I think we have pretty much agreed to meet again.

:)

Delighted for you. Great news. :)
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Alas, 'tiz one of the great mysteries of online dating. I've lost count of the amount of people I've been chatting to who agreed provisionally to go on a date/meet for coffee or whatever, even exchanged numbers with only for them to disappear off the radar and cease all contact with me before said date could occur.
    Ze mind, she boggles! :pac:
    Best thing you can do really is not to get too excited when chatting to people, that way if they do disappear on you it's no biggie. Just focus your time/effort on someone else. It can be frustrating by times, but there aint nothin' ya can do about it.

I'd say in most cases the other person has met someone else.
    liz2 wrote: »
    good for you! ;)
    i met my guy on connecting singles, my first time ever trying that site.. we're dating about 6 weeks and have confirmed bf/gf status :D but im just wondering when is it an acceptable time to bring up closing down the accounts on the site? without sounding too forward or whatever..

I'd casually bring up that you've closed your account so tell him not to keep sending you flowers etc. ;)

Ooh, lots of successes lately on here. Good work guys. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Larianne wrote: »
    I'd say in most cases the other person has met someone else.

Nonsense. There's no way anyone could ever find someone better than I.

Well, except this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

Just a follow up on date I was concerned about:I since spoke to her and mentioned best way I could at the weekend that I didnt think we were compatible etc.., got a dose of abusive messages middle of following night. Correct call, sorry she has my number now :( hopefully wont happen every weekend until she finds someone else, may be something to said at having a second pay as you go phone for this lark :confused:

Ok, I think I've written a half decent profile now! Any boardsies on OKC feel like checking it over and telling me whether I come across as a crazy stalker or not?

Oh would someone oblige me by doing same please? POF? have had very little interest lately.
    Im male by the way.

murhatchi wrote: »
    Just a follow up on date I was concerned about:I since spoke to her and mentioned best way I could at the weekend that I didnt think we were compatible etc.., got a dose of abusive messages middle of following night. Correct call, sorry she has my number now :( hopefully wont happen every weekend until she finds someone else, may be something to said at having a second pay as you go phone for this lark :confused:

Wowee, cant say I've ever encountered this before. Hope it blows over and she kops onto herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

murhatchi wrote: »

Hopefully she'll lose interest in the texting soon enough. Don't let it put you off online dating. Not everyone is like that.

I would say hardly anyone is like that and murhatchi just got extremely unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Owen wrote: »

PM sent :)

And yes, I am a girl! Knew I needed a few xXxs in the username :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

PM sent :)

And yes, I am a girl! Knew I needed a few xXxs in the username :D

I'll take a look too if ya like. :)

Perhaps it is time I had some boardsies have a gander at my profile. It would seem of late on POF when I send mail to girls, they take a look at my profile soonafter and decide against mailing me back. To me this indicates that the mail itself was interesting enough to have them take a peek at my profile but said profile didn't interest them (that or they don't like the look of my face, but damned if I'm fixing that :P).

Received a 'meet me' from a girl, went to mail her...
    "We're sorry this user does not accept mail from people in your age group"
    Oh POF, you have not changed in my absence! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Does anyone else find that they come across women on okcupid who state in their profile that they're bisexual while on POF most of them are hairdressers? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Received a 'meet me' from a girl, went to mail her...
    "We're sorry this user does not accept mail from people in your age group"
    Oh POF, you have not changed in my absence! :pac:
    One girl added me as a favourite a while back and i sent her a mail and no reply :pac:and two days ago the same person used the "meet me" and said yes to me but this time i've ignored her because she didn't reply at the mail i sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got one this morning from a woman saying she was 27...I'd say it's a while now since she saw 27. Lots of photos of women sprawled out across beds too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

before... wrote: »
    Should I email the few lads who I haven't seen on line since before Christmas? There seems to be so few my age etc I would consider meeting!

Why not?

Christmas was only a week ago after all!

I got one this morning from a woman saying she was 27...I'd say it's a while now since she saw 27.

Lots of fierce aul looking '28 year olds' too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Ha, I'm sure we all know lies are the best way to start off a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

finipops wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that they come across women on okcupid who state in their profile that they're bisexual while on POF most of them are hairdressers? :D

YES! A hundred times YES!

What is with that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Same can be said about some of the men! I've seen a few profiles for guys in the 30 years marks...all I can say is I've seen younger looking 50 year olds :rolleyes:

I would say hardly anyone is like that and murhatchi just got extremely unlucky.

We live in hope anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

finipops wrote: »

They probably think that they will get more attention :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement