Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

So, the guy I had the lovely date with last week and then met for coffee 3 days later seems to have just lost interest:rolleyes:

He sent a text both days after the 1st date which I replied to but it didn't evolve into a chat, then he texted me after the coffee date to apologise for being crap company (he was hungover), to which I replied that he should let me know when he's free if he wants to go out again. Haven't heard anything since and that was a week ago so presuming he's just not interested! It is rude though, especially when you've met someone more than once, to not let them know you don't want to see them again. I don't particularly mind if he's not bothered (I have other dates on the cards:D) but I presumed after we had a great date (and he kept talking about things we should do next time) and then met up again that he was at least a bit into me???

He did talk about being very busy this week and may just be playing it cool but I'd like to know either way! Won't send another message though as the ball is in his court now and he knows how to contact me if he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Galvasean wrote: »
    So my agent texts me at half twelve tonight to ask if I can go to an audition in D4 at 4 o'clock tomorrow... but my date is at half 4 in the city center...
    Don't screw this up Joey!!!!

tumblr_m13pgwUmBU1r0c3y6.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

I'm a week into online dating now, I sent out a good few messages, received three replies, bit of messaging going back and forth, one of which I think will lead to a date.

I logged in today and someone who i hadn't messaged had sent a message to me , i was smiling like a total sap for about hour afterwards, its amazing the little ego boosts you can get from this.

So hopefully at least one date will come out of this initial foray! I'll be back on to report if it does:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Haha, nah told the agent to give my slot to someone else. I'm buggering of out of teh country for a week and then have a bunch of projects lined up to keep me busy so I probably wouldn't be available for the shoot anyway. The BBC can find someone else to play an art student! (didn't I retire from acting ages ago??? For that matter, when did i get an agent???)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Hey guys, great thread! Have had a few profiles up on different sites for a while now but probably haven’t put much effort into it so nothing has come of them.

I think I could do with refreshing them up a bit and giving it another go. So would any of the kind ladies care to have a look at my profiles (pof & okc) and suggest any improvement it would be greatly appreciated. pm for links, ta :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

anyone know how to delete pof acc?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jar Of Hearts

Hi al,

So I messaged a guy last weel and didnt hear anything back. Then today i got this

thanks for messaging me. Sorry I took so long to get back. I was moving house last weekend so
    things are still in a bit of a heap. I'm not too sure about this world being honest. Haven't had much
    luck lately but maybe that will change.

Feels kinda negative or soemthing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

booboo88 wrote: »
    anyone know how to delete pof acc?:o

Ooh, do tell why!

I dunno how to delete it, but if you go into edit profile you can hide your profile and it won't show up in any searches...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is that all he said? Did he not engauge in any other chat? I would leave it to be honest as it seems like he might have just been polite by replying to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Just got the following text off tonight's date:

"Hi Honey-ec, sorry but I got a knock last night on my ankle and I can't even stand on it, never mind walk... was gonna see if it went down, but it didn't. Can we postpone our gathering, as I really do wanna meet ya?"

I'm so p!ssed off. I wouldn't mind, but I actually texted him last night saying "Right, last chance for either of us to back out of tomorrow, so if you're going to be washing your hair/bailing a friend out of jail, now's the time to say it", and he replied with "Ha ha, Honey-ec, I'm all set but I like your style..."

No blinkin' mention of an injured ankle then, and that was at 10pm.

I think I'm done with the whole online dating thing, folks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jar Of Hearts

Hmmm, funny one honey. I think I would let him come forward with a defintie future plan and dont interract with a wishy washy effort.

Hmmm, funny one honey. I think I would let him come forward with a defintie future plan and dont interract with a wishy washy effort.

He rang me there about an hour ago, all apologies and saying he definitely wants to meet, but no mention of when.

Next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Doesn't sound like a fob off to me Honey. especially if he's ringing you. the reality is if he's hurt, he may not know when he'll be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Doesn't sound like a fob off to me Honey. especially if he's ringing you. the reality is if he's hurt, he may not know when he'll be better.
    I agree!

If I was fobbing someone off I most defo would NOT ring the person, harder to lie over the phone...

Internet dating really brings out the inner cynic, dunnit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

yeah, it's much harder to read situations over text.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Internet dating really brings out the inner cynic, dunnit?
    Yup, totally! But we're here to set you right :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Ooh, do tell why!

I dunno how to delete it, but if you go into edit profile you can hide your profile and it won't show up in any searches...

Just fed up of it, not meeting anyone :( I must be coming as across as a right moody cow on it:(

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    What's the harm in leaving it up?

You never know!

Get someone to look over it maybe?

I already had someone look over it, between 19 year olds messaging me(im 24) and only getting matches in Galway(Im in Cork) and the only person I ever met on there, it all went very badly:(

Just fed up of it, not meeting anyone :( I must be coming as across as a right moody cow on it:(

Nah, you get sick of being given the run around and what not! It is quite dis-heartening! Messaging people and then bam, they stop messaging for no fooking reason! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Pembily wrote: »
    Nah, you get sick of being given the run around and what not! It is quite dis-heartening! Messaging people and then bam, they stop messaging for no fooking reason! :mad:

See I think it all goes back to the fact that there is a reem of people to choose from online. People will message for a while and then decide they like the look/sound of someone else so focus their attention on them instead and you're forgotten about. And they don't care to tell you they're not interested any more because well, why should they. :rolleyes: It makes people arseholes is what it does.

Boo.

On a lighter note, I've been messaging a very funny guy who I am hoping to meet up with next week once I get all this college work out of the way. :)

But Im getting NO messages, loads of people apparently viewing my
    profile, but nada, its one way to make you feel very unattractive.
    awec wrote: »
    I hate it when I get an email from "POF". I think "woohoo", and then when I open it:

"New matches this week...."

Feckers! :D
    seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I already had someone look over it, between 19 year olds messaging me(im 24) and only getting matches in Galway(Im in Cork) and the only person I ever met on there, it all went very badly:(

I think its really important to take a break from internet dating every now and again, so you don't turn into a moody cow.
    A few months back I was getting really depressed about the fact that no one messaged me, and the people I messaged seemed to have zero interest. It can be really demoralising. It's important to take a break for a month or so, to recharge your dating batteries and remind yourself that the internet is not the be all and end all of dating :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Deleted my profile this evening,canny be arsed with it for the time being.

Meh.

Oh I'm not getting any messages either :rolleyes: Sometimes it gets to me, mostly I try not to let it... Don't get it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Larianne wrote: »

On a lighter note, I've been messaging a very funny guy who I am hoping to meet up with next week once I get all this college work out of the way. :)

Yay! I've been messaging a couple of fellas but all's quiet on the dating front lately :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

seconded.

dont feel sorry for yourself, its not healthy..instead look at the things your doing wrong potentially, choice of pictures, is your profile interesting enough, are you trying too hard to impress someone with it or your messages?
    theirs always room for improvement, if somethings not working, nothing to lose by changing it up a bit...
    hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement