Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

:confused::confused: No one is "forcing" you to give any information!!!

Ex. Signing up for the site it's mandatory to say if your parents are still together, how many children they had and whether you're the youngest, oldest, one in the middle etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Hmmm does anyone find it in the slightest bit creepy that the only text this guy has in his profile is....

POLICE have issued a stark warning to internet daters, after a woman was viciously beaten and raped by a man she met online.

The 27-year-old was left “unrecognisable” after the attack, which happened just four days after she began speaking to Peter Ramsey, 26, on plentyoffish.com.

The pair went on a first date but, after she declined to kiss him, he knocked her to the ground, ripped off her tights and raped her.

Inner London Crown Court heard Ramsey caused 21 different injuries, knocking out her front teeth and leaving her fearing she would die.

and it goes on like that.... before saying his ideal first date would be 'anything goes'....

No, but I find it annoying that you copied it in a very bright colour.

OUCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

talkinyite wrote: »
    Ex. Signing up for the site it's mandatory to say if your parents are still together, how many children they had and whether you're the youngest, oldest, one in the middle etc.

I don't remember doing that. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    I don't remember doing that. :confused:

Think hes yanking your chain! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

I'm actually not check out the registration page there and you'll see :p they've probably changed it since you signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

It wants my social security and credit card number now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Oh i just dont know if im cut out for the dating game anymore! It's way too hard and too many mind games for me.

The first time around I was similar to you. I think that you have to take it very light heartedly. Don't see it as the primary way to find people or get too consumed in it. Have a laugh (about yourself or about things in other people's profiles) and go into it remembering that there are alot of time wasters on it but stick at it and youwill find some geniune people.

Worked for me and I have my first coffee date next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Why do pof keep changing things, they've changed the inbox to mail/people now and have a chat bubble icon there too. Whad up pof?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Dovies wrote: »
    Think hes yanking your chain! :D

No he is for real. I had to answer all those questions when I signed up a few months ago. They don't show these answers though. I thought it was weird as I felt a lot of it was irrelevant, but I wonder if it has something to do with marketing?

Edit: Oops, wrote that before I saw his reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Lon Dubh wrote: »
    No he is for real. I had to answer all those questions when I signed up a few months ago. They don't show these answers though. I thought it was weird as I felt a lot of it was irrelevant, but I wonder if it has something to do with marketing?

They do show up in one of the searches.. or matches not sure where..

But I only re joined the other night and had to fill in all the waffle about..parents status and my place in the family.

During some search thing I noticed it telling me if guys were "eldest" etc in their family.

Bit strange in my opinion.

Anyways, I've been chatting to some potentially lovely men..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Got a message out of the blue today and didn't put much weight in it. A couple of messages later and some chats and I have her number. She's really cute as well :D

Going to meet for a cuppa this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

foxinsox wrote: »
    They do show up in one of the searches.. or matches not sure where..

But I only re joined the other night and had to fill in all the waffle about..parents status and my place in the family.

During some search thing I noticed it telling me if guys were "eldest" etc in their family.

Bit strange in my opinion.

Anyways, I've been chatting to some potentially lovely men..

Yeah that is weird. I have my profile hidden at the moment so didn't notice some of the information showed up (taking a break from internet dating but still glued to this thread :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Date for tomorrow confirmed. Looking forward to that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,557 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I mentioned in my profile that I don't like being called 'hun'.... nearly ever second mail starts with 'Hi HUN (haha)' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

awec wrote: »
    I would have thought that not calling a girl "hun" or "love" etc was pretty much a given?

It should be , especially from a stranger. Now, if its someone you know I don't mind it.

I would have thought that not calling a girl "hun" or "love" etc was pretty much a given?

No... I would say half my mails prior to me putting that in my profile called me 'hun', 'babz', 'baby' etc

Maybe I'm too fussy...

Don't think that's fussy at all, "hun" and "babz" etc are a bit cringeworthy.

Yeah I forgot to include the sarky face after that :)

I spoke to a lovely guy on the phone last week, he asked me to go for coffee and I said I'd love to. He texts after we hang up and says, 'you sound really sexy, is it bad that I'm feeling naughty now'. Eh IGNORE :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That_Guy wrote: »
    I don't get why people just can't have the common courtesy to let people know if they're interested or not. It takes a simple text/phone call and there's no messing.

If I get the silent treatment, I ask straight out what the story is? Have they lost interest? (This is after a week.. not like 2hours.. :pac: )

Got a random text out of the blue at the weekend from a dude I cut contact with in Dec/Jan due to him dropping contact. I actually got confused and thought it was a more decent date dude and was asking him totally random (to him) questions. :pac: He didn't reply after that. :pac:

Seriously though, seriously?? ! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Yeah I forgot to include the sarky face after that :)

I spoke to a lovely guy on the phone last week, he asked me to go for coffee and I said I'd love to. He texts after we hang up and says, 'you sound really sexy, is it bad that I'm feeling naughty now'. Eh IGNORE :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, alot of guys seem to think girls online are mad for the roide? I dunno why, but there seems to be a bunch of examples of blokes seeming really nice initially, then maybe after the first date/ first proper connection is made with the lady, they go all out creepy horn-dogs. :(

Makes us less creepy guys look bad! :pac:

Thank you... :D

now where's my welcome drink? :rolleyes:

GrumPy wrote: »
    Unfortunately, alot of guys seem to think girls online are mad for the roide? I dunno why, but there seems to be a bunch of examples of blokes seeming really nice initially, then maybe after the first date/ first proper connection is made with the lady, they go all out creepy horn-dogs. :(

Makes us less creepy guys look bad! :pac:

Well it makes me wonder am I some sort of prude who has way too much respect for herself!! Those guys will get nowhere with me.

Perhaps I will :)

Digs out Mila Kunis disguise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Thank you... :D

now where's my welcome drink? :rolleyes:

We had to stop giving them out after the last time :(

passed_out_drunk-12730.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So my agent texts me at half twelve tonight to ask if I can go to an audition in D4 at 4 o'clock tomorrow... but my date is at half 4 in the city center...
    Don't screw this up Joey!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement