Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I changed my relationship status on Facebook today too. :cool:

I'm helping out a friend and pretending to be her boyfriend for 24 hours. Tomorrow we'll be changing it back to "single" again. :pac: / :(

And so ends a very unusual 24 hours. I did get to kiss her though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    In hindsight Pem I'd agree with the lads, if he actually left you standing waiting somewhere then the family emergency would have to be a hum dinger for a second chance:)

I thought about it and I am not going to reply. I was skeptical to begin with and fair enough if it was a family emergency and blah blah but while I want to contact, I was skeptical before he cancelled so going with my gut here!

Kinda sick of giving guys the benefit of the doubt, did that with the last dick and he was just a cnut!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Well Pem, I was about to wade in and say don't bother. Emergency or not, it would not have taken much effort for him to text you to say "I'll explain later".
    I got stood up a few weeks ago myself. Not a nice feeling at all. I think people really are just that rude these days. Since they've never met you in person it's easier for them to 'dehumanise' you and feel less guilty about dropping you like a hot potato and not bothering to explain themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

I've been really quite saddened by some of the experiences some of the you guys have had on here lately. I was just about to fill out my profile for getting back on POF last night and i stopped and thought do i really want to put myself through this again? I'm all of a didther now trying to decide if i really need this or am i really better off accepting the single life. I know it's not everybody's experienceand we try our best to have a laugh about it but there are some really horrible people out there:(
    Pembily wrote: »
    I thought about it and I am not going to reply. I was skeptical to begin with and fair enough if it was a family emergency and blah blah but while I want to contact, I was skeptical before he cancelled so going with my gut here!

Kinda sick of giving guys the benefit of the doubt, did that with the last dick and he was just a cnut!

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Date set for tomorrow night :)

Have fun and report back! :)
    Pembily wrote: »

Always go with your gut, always.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Chatting with a girl last night getting on grand, then go to reply to her today and I'm blocked, she sent the last message too, so paranoid now she knows someone I know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I go out for the day to earn a crust & when I return some have been stood up, others have given up & one can't see the point in even trying :eek:
    Larianne wrote: »
    Always go with your gut, always.

I agree. Nature gave us instincts for a reason. Any gentleman would of phoned you to apologise & explain.
    Dovies wrote: »
    I used the 'viewed me' feature too but I also check out 'new users'. Has anyone noticed how many new users are looking for 'intimate encounters'? Maybe its just my age group trying to recapture their youth! :D

You are amongst friends so feel free to tell us why you are typing "intimate encounter" into the search - is it research ? :pac:
    I'm all of a didther now trying to decide if i really need this or am i really better off accepting the single life.

When the "prize" is as wonderful as falling in love we can't really complain if it can be hard to win. I am content being single & I love the independence. But nothing compares to being in love.

It would seem that some of the girls are having a few problems understanding us men. The following documentary will have you in stitches & you will see men in a "different" light :D

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-phone-sex-secrets/4od

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

not even going to bother sending the first message on PoF for a while, most of the conversations i have that are successful are a result of a girl texting me first!

been chatting to a beautiful girl on OkCupid,but all she does is mostly talk about herself without asking me too much, also it took me a few days to respond to one of her messages and i seen she had checked my profile in the meantime!!..... (i was on a few times for a few mins but had no time to reply),
    so when i replied to it then took her a few days to reply even though i seen her on loads of times haha, then i replied straight away to which i got a reply straight away back!!
    whats this?,some sort of elaborate game?? haa

JimBob777 wrote: »
    whats this?,some sort of elaborate game?? haa

Yep.

So are you gonna ask her out?

Yep.

So are you gonna ask her out?

yep,in the next message if i get a response to my latest one,
    even though her talking mostly about herself is a big red sign shes not interested, its worth a shot, nothing to lose anyway :)

• Advertisement

yep,in the next message if i get a response to my latest one,
    even though her talking mostly about herself is a big red sign shes not interested, its worth a shot, nothing to lose anyway :)

If could be that she doesn't know what to ask you? Ah sure, give it a shot! NOthing to lose! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

been chatting to a beautiful girl on OkCupid,but all she does is mostly talk about herself without asking me too much,

Sounds like our Russian lady :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Discodog wrote: »
    It would seem that some of the girls are having a few problems understanding us men. The following documentary will have you in stitches & you will see men in a "different" light :D

Excerpt from the docufilm

Vegan and spiritual naughty girl: ...I'ld like to use you as my toilet paper. Blah, blah, blah- continues the naughty exchange and then- you are so welcome honey. Take care and God bless.

Huh?:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Excerpt from the docufilm

Vegan and spiritual naughty girl: ...I'ld like to use you as my toilet paper. Blah, blah, blah- continues the naughty exchange and then- you are so welcome honey. Take care and God bless.

Huh?:confused::confused:

Well thats my viewing for the evening sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

I'm a bit surprised that the boys and girls on this thread who are disillusioned by the people they've had contact with on the date sites don't exchange usernames and chat with each other on there.
    As good a chance of clicking with someone that way as there is of finding love on PoF et al. At the very least you'll know from the start that you're likely chatting to a decent human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Discodog wrote: »

You are amongst friends so feel free to tell us why you are typing "intimate encounter" into the search - is it research ? :pac:

New users, not search feature so dont be trying to catch me out! :rolleyes:

I watched the documentary last night - hilarious!! The bit where she told the guy to listen how wet she was and then sloshed her paintbrush around the tin!! :D

I'm a bit surprised that the boys and girls on this thread who are disillusioned by the people they've had contact with on the date sites don't exchange usernames and chat with each other on there.
    As good a chance of clicking with someone that way as there is of finding love on PoF et al. At the very least you'll know from the start that you're likely chatting to a decent human being.

Yes, but then there's nowhere to go when you want to bitch about them when it goes pear-shaped!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Yes, but then there's nowhere to go when you want to bitch about them when it goes pear-shaped!! :D

Ah c'mon, that's a bit negative...even for this thread!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Bad Panda wrote: »

There are 330+ posts -most of them 'b*tching' about it going pear shaped! And this is the 2nd thread!! :D

Bad Panda wrote: »

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,483 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

just came across that 'leprachaun pot of gold' girl there :D, it was a very well written profile and i was going to send a message until i seen that, im over 6 foot but its really off putting,
    i know its prob only meant to be a sense of humor but i dont like the stereotyping/putting people down type of humor...

just came across that 'leprachaun pot of gold' girl there :D, it was a very well written profile and i was going to send a message until i seen that, im over 6 foot but its really off putting,
    i know its prob only meant to be a sense of humor but i dont like the stereotyping/putting people down type of humor...

As far as I'm concerned it's akin to saying something like "Fatties go back to Weight Watchers to find your slice of cake" or "Darkies go back to Africa to find your [whatever item is associated with negative stereotyping of black people]" - needlessly nasty about something people have no control over.
    Just so off putting...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Anyone in Cork having any success?!

newbee22 wrote: »
    Anyone in Cork having any success?! If not PM me.

(joking)

How you getting on? Haven't seen you around these parts for a while.

(joking)

How you getting on? Haven't seen you around these parts for a while.

I deleted mine because it was annoying me! But dunno if I'm tempted to go back! :eek: Drop in here all the time to stalk the goings ons! Majorly nosy! :p
    Haha like how you fixed my post there! :P

newbee22 wrote: »
    I deleted mine because it was annoying me! But dunno if I'm tempted to go back! :eek: Drop in here all the time to stalk the goings ons! Majorly nosy! :p
    Haha like how you fixed my post there! :P

Maybe try a different approach? Different photos/profile structure.

Sometimes you just need a bit of a breather and then can jump back on it. :)

Think I'll have to, zero success otherwise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Actually myself and Dovies and Discodog have a bit of a thing going. we're going to be sharing a tent at Electric picnic don't ye know:p And we've seen his puppies!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Actually myself and Dovies and Discodog have a bit of a thing going. we're going to be sharing a tent at Electric picnic don't ye know:p And we've seen his puppies!!:eek:

So much innuendo... so little time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement