Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

Panthro wrote: »
    So I sent a message to a girl on POF, it said "sent" yet the message isn't in my "sent messages"
    Glitch in the system or am I missing something here?

she read it and blocked ya straight away, harsh reality, happened me before, even though i put effort and thought into that particular message...
    could be something else,like a fault but...
    most likely scenario :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So I sent a message to a girl on POF, it said "sent" yet the message isn't in my "sent messages"
    Glitch in the system or am I missing something here?
    JimBob777 wrote: »
    she read it and blocked ya straight away, harsh reality, happened me before, even though i put effort and thought into that particular message...
    could be something else,like a fault but...
    most likely scenario :(

Think that's what it is. Happened to me once before.

Bah, another singles night disguised as actual mail! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Galvasean wrote: »
    Think that's what it is. Happened to me once before.

Yup thats probably what happened, messaged a girl a while ago never heard anything back, noticed her back online a 2 weeks ago, thought i might try messag her again to see if she had lowered her standards :P and found i was blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jaysus, she could have just done what I do if I'm not interested and simply not bothering replying! (harsh in its own right I know, I know)
    Tis a pity for her, I'm feckin' class like!:pac:

• Advertisement

I know they're just blocking as a pre-emptive to not receive any extra unwanted mail.. but discovering that you've been blocked just makes me feel so... dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

going on a date with a girl this weekend, looks georgeous in her pics im sure she was flooded with messages so must've got lucky :P we've been texting all the time & her messages always bring smile to my face so here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Does anyone else think it's a bit odd that I started chatting to a guy this evening, he suggests meeting tonight. I said no, it's a little late to go anywhere. His response was... 'well we could just sit in the car' :rolleyes:

I'm after beginning a chat with a girl saying "top of the pops!"...I'm not getting a response from her am I..:o
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

panda100 wrote: »
    Well this particular guy is no longer on okcupid, so all you guys are safe from him at the moment. I am keeping my profile up for the moment, so I can keep an eye on his whereabouts!
    tatumkelly wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it's a bit odd that I started chatting to a guy this evening, he suggests meeting tonight. I said no, it's a little late to go anywhere. His response was... 'well we could just sit in the car' rolleyes.gif

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'm after beginning a chat with a girl saying "top of the pops!"...I'm not getting a response from her am I..:o
    :pac:

Ya never know, its very unconventional, tell us if it works

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ya never know, its very unconventional, tell us if it works

Oh it failed, miserably!
    Oh well, we can cross that one off the oul list of opening sentences!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Hi!

I've been lurking 'round these here parts for quite some time now and am finally getting the courage to post!

I've been on OKC for a while now with little success (met two people in all, one in particular was lovely but it's not going to happen!) I've just signed up for POF (because OKC seems to be *particularly* quiet right now). It's a lot busier on POF alright but I don't know if that's just because I'm "fresh meat"?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

Hi!

I've been lurking 'round these here parts for quite some time now and am finally getting the courage to post!

I've been on OKC for a while now with little success (met two people in all, one in particular was lovely but it's not going to happen!) I've just signed up for POF (because OKC seems to be *particularly* quiet right now). It's a lot busier on POF alright but I don't know if that's just because I'm "fresh meat"?

yeah we're lions always looking for fresh meat,, rawwrrr ;)
    why is it not going to happen with the 1 on OKC?
    Best of luck on PoF though :)

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it's a bit odd that I started chatting to a guy this evening, he suggests meeting tonight. I said no, it's a little late to go anywhere. His response was... 'well we could just sit in the car' :rolleyes:

star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

JimBob777 wrote: »

yeah we're lions always looking for fresh meat,, rawwrrr ;)
    why is it not going to happen with the 1 on OKC?
    Best of luck on PoF though :)

Ah usual... Timing and all that jazz! It's a pity but there's nothing I can do! Onwards and upwards! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think I'm cursed or something. :cool: Oh wells.

TONTO, Jump on it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I think I have 2 dates sorted for the weekend:eek:

Sat night is a second meet-up with the (younger) guy I saw last week (it was a bizarre date- we didn't have much in common and tbh I thought he was a d*ck at first but then realised he just has a very strange sense of humour! Nothing *happened*, don't think he's likely to be the love of my life, but he happens to be in town this weekend and sent me a text to see if I wanted to meet up. Thought it's worth another shot, even if just for another strange/amusing evening)

Sun is an afternoon coffee date with an even younger guy who seems more my type...but he hasn't replied to my last message so not entirely sure we've confirmed. Just means I'll have to take it easy on Sat, which is probably a good thing!

Not sure I like this multi-dating thing...saying that in my previous forays into online dating I ended up putting all my eggs in one basket and probably missed out on some good opportunities because of it.

As an aside, I don't know how I'm suddenly attracting all these younger men?? It's every message I'm getting- I even had to check I'd entered my age properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Is it possible to pull crackers online? might have to have a look ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Semele wrote: »
    As an aside, I don't know how I'm suddenly attracting all these younger men?? It's every message I'm getting- I even had to check I'd entered my age properly!

What sort of age difference are you talking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Is it possible to pull crackers online? might have to have a look ;)

Yeah! Me... If you're really lucky:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Larianne wrote: »
    I think I'm cursed or something. :cool: Oh wells.

TONTO, Jump on it! :pac:

:(

As for me, had my date the other night. Nothing spectacular. He's perfectly nice but I felt we were just going through the motions, conversation-wise. It's a bit disappointing as he gives off a different vibe from his messages and texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

You couldn't make this sh*t up, I'm telling you! Was messaging a guy on POF all last week who (according to his profile) is the manager of a venue I'm actually going to a gig in tomorrow night. Mentioned that to him and he was like "Oh great, I'll see you there and buy you a drink."

Logged on last night and he had:

1. Blocked me
    2. Changed his location to London and his profession to software developer
    3. Shrunk by 4 inches in height
    4. Reversed the aging process by 8 years!

There is a whole WORLD of crazy out there, folks...

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

panda100 wrote: »
    Well of course you want someone to be interesting. I still think you can be nice, and have mystery and charisma. What is a turn off is when someone lacks any type of assertiveness and agrees with everything you say and has no personality of their own. I think sometimes men,and women, can fall into this trap, and are so eager to please and be nice that they agree with everything the other person is saying.

I couldn't agree with you more.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Honey-ec wrote: »
    You couldn't make this sh*t up, I'm telling you! Was messaging a guy on POF all last week who (according to his profile) is the manager of a venue I'm actually going to a gig in tomorrow night. Mentioned that to him and he was like "Oh great, I'll see you there and buy you a drink."

1. Blocked me

What a twat! Just what do those people get out of doing that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    Okay, same question (every week! :o)

Who's dating it up this weekend??

*raises hand*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Honey-ec wrote: »

1. Blocked me

I'll you what happened to me last summer.

Had a date with someone and it went well. A week or so after meeting he asked for my address to send on a small present he had for me. Lovely I thought. How thoughtful to think of me. Two weeks pass and nothing in the post. An excuse came when I questioned him and he told me he would do it. Two months pass and we had some brief contact in between but no mention of his present, he tries to arrange another date. I pulled him on the issue - ah I lost it I was told.

Badness and an ego trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I'll you what happened to me last summer.

Had a date with someone and it went well. A week or so after meeting he asked for my address to send on a small present he had for me. Lovely I thought. How thoughtful to think of me. Two weeks pass and nothing in the post. An excuse came when I questioned him and he told me he would do it. Two months pass and we had some brief contact in between but no mention of his present, he tries to arrange another date. I pulled him on the issue - ah I lost it I was told.

Badness and an ego trip

Jaysus I wouldn't think a woman giving a fella her address after one date to be a good idea at all? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just got my first message in a week or so. got all excited, opened it up and:

"Hello there".

Brilliant. I've got a lot to work with there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement