Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Pembily wrote: »
    What is a really well written profile?

Good grammar, easy to read, likes and dislikes, the kind of stuff that gives you an idea of whether or not you'd like to spend an evening with the person.

For example, this is NOT a really well written profile:
    "I nevr no wat 2rit on dis tings.....
    Luv goin out wit me m8s on d wknds!!!!!"

I'm not joking either. there are LOTS of profile just like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭amacca

Pembily wrote: »
    What is a really well written profile?

no diz, dat, cuz, cos or cum....+ the occasional punctuation mark in the right place and hopefully not a proliferation of smiley faces and winks

not signed off as se yall l8r huns etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Galvasean wrote: »
    Good grammar, easy to read, likes and dislikes, the kind of stuff that gives you an idea of whether or not you'd like to spend an evening with the person.

Exactly 2 lines like that and then adding at the end "ask anything else you wanna know" is not a profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Dovies wrote: »
    I think in the initial stages I wouldn't be too open with where we met however after 8 years I would have no problem with it at all. Congrats.

A friend called me once to say that his fiancée was coming to Galway for a shoot - she is one of the highest paid super models in Europe, utterly stunning & Swiss. So we arranged to meet for a drink. She wanted to go to a typical village pub & hear some trad so I took her to my local.

One of my neighbours knocked his drink over in shock. The barman couldn't stop staring at her & everyone seemed to find an excuse to come over & say hello. When she went to the loo I was immediately asked how I had met her so I said "She's a mail order bride. I got her off the internet" :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

awec wrote: »
    It might mean that the girls who visit profiles in the hope that you'd notice and message them will actually message you first if they are interested!

And I'm sure the other way about too, those lads who hope to draw a message from a girl actually message them first!

Be great if everyone would just mail the people they are interested in and not faff about, eh?! :pac:

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Be great if everyone would just mail the people they are interested in and not faff about, eh?! :pac:

Far too simple. It would spoil the "game". Maybe there are rules like if she views you once it's meaningless, twice & you're in the with a chance & three times - she's a stalker :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,400 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Discodog wrote: »
    Far too simple. It would spoil the "game". Maybe there are rules like if she views you once it's meaningless, twice & you're in the with a chance & three times - she's a stalker :D

Crap. That's my M.O right there. *starts digging a hole in the ground* :p:p

The classic is when someone looks at your profile & messages you. You reply & then see that they have viewed your profile again to try & remember who you are :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

KTRIC, did you fess up to the girl at work? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    KTRIC, did you fess up to the girl at work? :D

Haven't had the chance to talk to her since. Don't really want to do it by email and I'm really scared of the rejection if I do if in person.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

How can you check how many times someone's viewed you? Is that on OKC or PoF?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

It's probably a good thing that meet me features gone. The amount of times I've clicked into a profile more than once forgetting I've already clicked into it before. Jaysus I must look like a right stalker! A very forgetfull one at that!

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    The amount of times I've clicked into a profile more than once forgetting I've already clicked into it before. Jaysus I must look like a right stalker! A very forgetfull one at that!

Yeah, tiny thumbnails + poor eyesight = bad combo in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

Discodog wrote: »

i taught on pof once you see they viewed you once, you cannot see again how many times they view you unless you have an upgraded membership??

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

* Doh I was meant to say viewed me feature in my last post....yep I'm half asleep today!

1330517697.jpg

Back to the footy so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

JimBob777 wrote: »
    i taught on pof once you see they viewed you once, you cannot see again how many times they view you unless you have an upgraded membership??

Since when have they been able to view how many times you view a profile is that POF or OKCupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

doovdela wrote: »
    Since when have they been able to view how many times you view a profile is that POF or OKCupid?

oh yeah, they musta been talking about okcupid because you can notice people viewed you more than once by the time they last visited your profile

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Was just reading a girls profile on POF. Very pretty girl. Articulate and well
    written profile. Was going to mail her until I read her very last paragraph:
    "If you’re less than 5 -7 tall, don’t even think about messaging me. Go back to leprechaun land and find your pot of gold!"

The mask slipped huh? Do people actually think being a cow is a good way to get people interested in you? I was very interested until the cruel streak surfaced.

What a horriable thing to say. Talk about being ugly on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Was just reading a girls profile on POF. Very pretty girl. Articulate and well written profile. Was going to mail her until I read her very last paragraph:
    "If you’re less than 5 -7 tall, don’t even think about messaging me. Go back to leprechaun land and find your pot of gold!"
    The mask slipped huh? Do people actually think being a cow is a good way to get people interested in you? I was very interested until the cruel streak surfaced.

Better to find out now that a bit further down the line when she cheats on you but of course makes it out to be all your fault :rolleyes:

Agreed, I don't know why anyone would go out of their way to sound like a "howiya".

G-Money wrote: »
    Better to find out now that a bit further down the line when she cheats on you but of course makes it out to be all your fault :rolleyes:

Yes, there is that. I'm glad the good upstanding people of this thread see it the way I do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭amacca

well god damn my funky ass...I slip in just over the height restriction for that fairground attraction.

I think I'll have a crack at her for the laugh when my real world meet women antics inevitably fizzle out.

The amount of people who don't know where they are from is shocking.

Jesus wept. :rolleyes:

I think that means they are from one location but live in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Been lurking, but don't know if I can get through BOTH threads. But anyway, just signed up to POF about a month ago, went on a couple of dates with one guy but that's it.

Been messaging a few, one guy I've been talking to all day, getting along relatively well with, and is quite good looking, just admitted that it's not actually his photo, he used a friends photo just to see what the site was like, and that his profile isn't truthful! Has anyone else had this kinda thing before??

I have my doubts! :pac:

You're going to tell me now that you have a location like that, and I'm going to look and feel like an arse! :(

Nope! Dublin born and bred. Although currently I'm in the countryside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Been lurking, but don't know if I can get through BOTH threads. But anyway, just signed up to POF about a month ago, went on a couple of dates with one guy but that's it.

Been messaging a few, one guy I've been talking to all day, getting along relatively well with, and is quite good looking, just admitted that it's not actually his photo, he used a friends photo just to see what the site was like, and that his profile isn't truthful! Has anyone else had this kinda thing before??

Does his friend know this?!

He could have signed up to see what the site was like without using any photo!!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement