Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Galvasean wrote: »
    POF emailed me asking if I was all set for the singles night. They never said where it was though :confused:

Haha yeah I got that too and was wondering why there was no venue mentioned. I looked at the Ireland forum on pof and there is a thread for it. Its on in the Lombard (cant picture where that is). I wouldnt be brave enough to go to a singles night though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

POF emailed me asking if I was all set for the singles night. They never said where it was though :confused:
    Got it as well, was very excited when i saw the new message icon, thought one of the messages id sent yesterday had got a reply, bit of a letdown tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ah it clashes with the TGC beers anyhow. there'll be more hookups at that, guaranteed!

• Administrators Posts: 53,429 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

But oh to be a fly on the wall....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Hello my name is Slut and I come in shame. Remember how I was on about not wanting to kiss someone on a first date yada yada yada? Well, I just did. I said to self, self, you will live a little today and I did. In a park. :o Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Catholic guilt aside, the date went well. I don't know how I feel about him though but at least this time, I am not sure that I don't want to go another date with him. :D Yay for progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Hello my name is Slut and I come in shame. Remember how I was on about not wanting to kiss someone on a first date yada yada yada? Well, I just did. I said to self, self, you will live a little today and I did. In a park. :o Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Catholic guilt aside, the date went well. I don't know how I feel about him though but at least this time, I am not sure that I don't want to go another date with him. :D Yay for progress.

Yay for you!

Welcome to the slut club :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Went on date, I thought she was super but I don't think she thought the same of me. I'll send her a text in the morning, "great time, love to do it again" but I won't hold my breath.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

That's a shame. What gives you the impression?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That's a shame. What gives you the impression?

Her language wasn't of the "we'll be hooking up again soon" variety. Kinda felt bad after and bought a packet of smokes, had one and now I've 19 bloody cigarettes I've no intention of smoking them until I go out.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

GOD I really do love not having this "Catholic guilt" you speak of! :D I can't imagine it makes dating much fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I've got a hot date tonight! :cool: With a supercute guy! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Samich wrote: »
    Are you and mystery girl back messaging yet?

Now, I'm not one to gossip but ......

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Morning all!

Got back online last night and was chatting to someone - seems nice enough. Divorced with a couple of kids (10 & 8) - grand I have kids too not a problem. However, he said he has his kids every weekend and every holiday (spring term etc).

I know Im jumping the gun but when does he date? I dont mind going out midweek but I do like a friday or sat out too!! I know he could have someone to look after them but I get the impression that the weekend is for the kids and thats it. Overthinking it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think thats a valid question to ask. But if interested at least meet with him once mid week to test the water and bring it up if it went well?

I think thats a valid question to ask. But if interested at least meet with him once mid week to test the water and bring it up if it went well?

Yeah - if he asks lol. But I'm always thinking ahead - maybe thats my problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Dovies wrote: »
    Yeah - if he asks lol. But I'm always thinking ahead - maybe thats my problem!

errr it's 2012, maybe you can ask?

and yes you're overthinking that one wayyyyy tooo much

oh and to update alll of yas... tonight it is 3 months since i first met up with girl from PoF... and things are going brilliant :):):pac::pac::D:D it just 'clicked' that night and still clicking!!:D:D:):):)

it really does work folks :D:D:pac::pac:

MudSkipper wrote: »
    oh and to update alll of yas... tonight it is 3 months since i first met up with girl from PoF... and things are going brilliant :):):pac::pac::D:D it just 'clicked' that night and still clicking!!:D:D:):)

it really does work folks :D:D:pac::pac:

How can you guarantee us that you're not being secretly paid by POF to market the site? :p

Date from last night kind of let me know that he would not be alright with me dating other people. I told him I have a date on Saturday (that I had planned way before) because I didn't want to do it on the sly and he says he can't stop me and I should do whatever I want but that it proves I am not that interested in him if I do.

It's only been one date and I like him well enough- I would not see other people if he simply asked that I don't but I resent the emotional manipulation. I also brought it up because he started talking about future dates and what we would do and where without consulting with me.

• Advertisement

It's only been one date and I like him well enough- I would not see other people if he simply asked that I don't but I resent the emotional manipulation. I also brought it up because he started talking about future dates and what we would do and where without consulting with me.

I ask men out regularly - my last few dates actually!

Hmm that guy seems a bit intense to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I don't think she is over thinking it too much, from the experience I have with friends who are separated/single fathers they generally only have the weekends as access to their children so it would be a common enough problem in their dating lives so I think Dovies is definitely right to want to know more about it.

I would definitely be asking him the situation on the first date to find out how likely he will ever be to be free for dates on the weekend, I would want to know that as early as possible as it would definitely be a massive deal breaker for me to be honest.

Maguined wrote: »
    I don't think she is over thinking it too much, from the experience I have with friends who are separated/single fathers they generally only have the weekends as access to their children so it would be a common enough problem in their dating lives so I think Dovies is definitely right to want to know more about it.

I would definitely be asking him the situation on the first date to find out how likely he will ever be to be free for dates on the weekend, I would want to know that as early as possible as it would definitely be a massive deal breaker for me to be honest.

Thanks - I know its early days and we may never meet but he seemed interested enough last night. It would be a bit of deal breaker for me too. I appreciate that people have their children etc but every weekend is a bit much. Anyway see how it goes!

How can you guarantee us that you're not being secretly paid by POF to market the site? :p

hah, that would be nice :) :pac:
    Dovies wrote: »
    Thanks - I know its early days and we may never meet but he seemed interested enough last night. It would be a bit of deal breaker for me too. I appreciate that people have their children etc but every weekend is a bit much. Anyway see how it goes!

Thats pretty much what I meant, he's interested, you're interested... give it a go :pac: If it clicks and he's into you he will be able to find a balance between his kids and his hot date ;)

If it clicks and he's into you he will be able to find a balance between his kids and his hot date ;)

Awwwww :o:o

Be extremely wary when this is the only photo evidence provided. It means that the girl is trying to hide her fatness. It's not doing her any favours either because it's obviously going to be pretty obvious when people meet.

Has this already been brought up? (don't have the time to go through 3000+ posts!).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

glasso wrote: »
    Be extremely wary when this is the only photo evidence provided. It means that the girl is trying to hide her fatness. It's not doing her any favours either because it's obviously going to be pretty obvious when people meet.

Has this already been brought up? (don't have the time to go through 3000+ posts!).

Exact same for guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Pembily wrote: »
    Exact same for guys!

Well from what I hear there are a fair few semi naked guys on the various sites. Don't want to trawl around and have a look though. :rolleyes:

Any truth in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

KTRIC wrote: »
    Well from what I hear there are a fair few semi naked guys on the various sites. Don't want to trawl around and have a look though. :rolleyes:

Any truth in it ?
    I have only seen one semi-naked guy, most of them are head shots, which disgusies size and height! I have a full length photo myself, saves any hassle!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,429 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement