Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

awec wrote: »
    On OKC you have to state your height and your build. If people are lying on this they are only kidding themselves.

I have petitioned them to add "stallion" to the list but they refused :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Well from what I hear there are a fair few semi naked guys on the various sites. Don't want to trawl around and have a look though. :rolleyes:

Any truth in it ?

Dude- not semi naked. The full frontal images I've seen have scarred me for life. :eek: One was funny though, he said, 'hurry up and send me a message before the killjoys on here get to me,' or something of the sort. :D

I think most of them are just closet exhibitionists and the internet is a good medium to act out their wildest fantasies- it's not really about the recipient. Sad really.

awec wrote: »
    On OKC you have to state your height and your build. If people are lying on this they are only kidding themselves.

exactly some people are deluded in believing that people won't notice when meeting in reality and hence lie! (as pointed out same for guys and girls). Average body-type does not equal to overweight. Or maybe if the average person is over-weight nowadays then they are not actually lying... :)

I'm always astounded at the amount of athletic smokers out there too!!!
    (answer to body-type and smoking).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

glasso wrote: »
    exactly some people are deluded in believing that people won't notice when meeting in reality and hence lie! (as pointed out same for guys and girls). Average body-type does not equal to overweight. Or maybe if the average person is over-weight nowadays then they are not actually lying... :)

I generally ignore the body type bit. Like you say, 'average' could mean just about anything. Plus the amount of people I've seen with 'athletic' down when they don't look very athletic at all..
    Just post a picture of yourself and let people judge for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Date from last night kind of let me know that he would not be alright with me dating other people. I told him I have a date on Saturday (that I had planned way before) because I didn't want to do it on the sly and he says he can't stop me and I should do whatever I want but that it proves I am not that interested in him if I do.

It's only been one date and I like him well enough- I would not see other people if he simply asked that I don't but I resent the emotional manipulation. I also brought it up because he started talking about future dates and what we would do and where without consulting with me.

Hmmmmmmm...

I would be wary of this kind of attitude from him..

You both were on a dating site - to date and meet new people..

Go on the other date on saturday with an open mind, you never know. You had already planned the other date, not really fair on the other guy to cancel, and you wouldn't like it done to you. He might be nicer etc..

It's only been one date, I really wouldn't be impressed by someone saying/implying that to me.

Depends of course on the person and how it was said, if you feel anyway wary of the situation, trust your instincts and move on.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I was advertising online dating to the world last night apparently.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Date from last night kind of let me know that he would not be alright with me dating other people. I told him I have a date on Saturday (that I had planned way before) because I didn't want to do it on the sly and he says he can't stop me and I should do whatever I want but that it proves I am not that interested in him if I do.

It's only been one date and I like him well enough- I would not see other people if he simply asked that I don't but I resent the emotional manipulation. I also brought it up because he started talking about future dates and what we would do and where without consulting with me.

run away very quickly, if you ask me. that sort of possessiveness after one date would scare me. I can imagine it turning into very oppressive and controlling behaviour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm on top of a mountain wearing lycra in my profile pic :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I forgot to say I sent the lady from last night a Hail Mary* message.

*made in hope but inevitably there's no chance of it being answered :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The body-type thing is a bit tricky. I'm on the heavier side myself so I tend to mention that when picking my build or whatever, but at the same time I try not to make it seem like I'm 30 or 40 stone.

I know two girls from work who were on dating sites and one of them put her build as "slender". She wasn't overweight, she was a normal healthy weight but she definitely wasn't slender.

• Advertisement

Me can haz datez :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Sure, you free tomorrow night at 8? :pac:

GrumPy wrote: »

Sure, you free tomorrow night at 8? :pac:

Yes, why?

I've been getting a lot of 'Meet Me's since Tuesday night.
    Have the women gotten post Valentine's blues and lowered their standards? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

So I message another cute girl on POF and we get chatting and after a few hours I add her to facebook. FFS she's another fatty who's profile pics were a few years old. Sorry to be blunt but I'm getting sick of this lads.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Elessar wrote: »
    So I message another cute girl on POF and we get chatting and after a few hours I add her to facebook. FFS she's another fatty who's profile pics were a few years old. Sorry to be blunt but I'm getting sick of this lads.

*sigh*

I really don't get why people do that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Pembily wrote: »

I do, it's because no one would message them otherwise. I know I wouldn't have. No disrespect to her, but I am not physically attracted to larger women.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

I know of two couples who met online but told me in confidence and that the line they always use with anyone but close friends is ''Oh, we met at a party''. I guess it's the most common question asked of a couple - ''How did you meet?'' but does it really bring on all these guilty feelings of trawling dating profiles on a computer rather than clicking with someone randomly on a night out? Maybe that taboo will take a while longer to shift.

re: hiding your weight:
    Wasting their own (not to mention everybody else's) time. Because that's how everybody wants to start a relationship right? With Lies!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There I was logging into my POF account when I see not one but 2 messages. On first glance these ladies were ridiculously pretty.

My heart leapt and upon opening both of their messages, it was just some bloody generic invite to some single's night.

EDIT: This cheered me up/hurt my eyes.

Copied and pasted from somebody's profile..

Riding.
    Page 3 bab.yyyy;)
    im hoooot.
    whatever floats yer boat.
    USDHFUhdsfuhzdfv.
    dfjiafjgiapojrghijsrxguhj.
    like ta spend long nites in da club.
    boppin it out boysh.
    noujbfbdsn

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    There I was logging into my POF account when I see not one but 2 messages. On first glance these ladies were ridiculously pretty.

My heart leapt and upon opening both of their messages, it was just some bloody generic invite to some single's night.

EDIT: This cheered me up/hurt my eyes.

Copied and pasted from somebody's profile..

Riding.
    Page 3 bab.yyyy;)
    im hoooot.
    whatever floats yer boat.
    USDHFUhdsfuhzdfv.
    dfjiafjgiapojrghijsrxguhj.
    like ta spend long nites in da club.
    boppin it out boysh.
    noujbfbdsn

Aw..that's sneaky marketing tactics..

That profile you copied... sounds like a winner..
    I'd say go for it, she sounds lovely :P

foxinsox wrote: »
    Aw..that's sneaky marketing tactics..

That profile you copied... sounds like a winner..
    I'd say go for it, she sounds lovely :P

I sent her a message saying
    You like USDHFUhdsfuhzdfv too? Wow, I thought I was the only one. You have impeccable taste

Maybe it's a code...

To the time machine!!

I honestly can't do POF anymore..
    It's just way too much..

But funny sometimes for a read..

I've been chatting to a guy for two weeks now, texting etc..

First date next Thursday...I am ****ting myself..

I think sometimes when you chat too much online it may be doomed as it doesn't always work out in reality.

scary stuff :(

There's a lass on POF who has a topless pic up with only her arm covering her nipples. Bloody hell.

must-not-fap.jpg

:pac:

There's a lass on POF who has a topless pic up with only her arm covering her nipples. Bloody hell.

Aw feck! A boardsie found my profile..

:D

foxinsox wrote: »
    Aw feck! A boardsie found my profile..

:D

Duuurty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

must-not-fap.jpg

Link in PM please :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Elessar wrote: »
    Pembily wrote: »

I do, it's because no one would message them otherwise. I know I wouldn't have. No disrespect to her, but I am not physically attracted to larger women.
    Not the way to get a guy really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

must-not-fap.jpg

:pac::pac: I should switch camps. Nothing about the full frontal photos with arse hairs showing in the guys' section is attractive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement