Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I really starting to work on my gear. Not just equipping what I found. Trying to balance mf gear with survival stats and damage.

So far 70% mf unbuffed! Awesome! I can really feel it kicking in with few stacks on nephelin buffs. So anyone want to share their best routes for mfing? :) I am doing all my dirty work in fields of misery or wheeling hollows of act 1 inferno. That's where my legendary ring droped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

the last part of act 1 is good. There are several groups of elites before the butcher so you always get your 5 stacks of neph buff before you hit him. It's quick enough too. The only problem is if you have a few simple group members who get charged during the fight. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ShaneU wrote: »
    Are there any bonuses to using hardcore mode?

Nope, its the very same as softcore, but you just dotn get any second chances if you die :D makes for a thrilling playthrough, at least for me it does anyway :)

I hate ****ing leaper elites. ****ing op as ****.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The lad who offered me a guest pass hasnt logged in in 4 days, any other going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye but that build doesn't cut it for soloing really.

Best Monk build is Tank build + DH and Wiz mates :)

Of course it does I solo with it just fine, it allows me to stay on top of champions and elites while keeping sustained DPS from auto attacks.

I switch in sweeping winds and use deadly reach instead of FoT sometimes but its a solid all round build but yes Wiz + DH mates make things alot easier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Fing it pretty tuff going on Hell with the Wiz...I have absolute massive damage but HP is pretty none exsistant.

Was stuck so bad last night rolled a new char (lvl 15 barb now) shame you cant roll with your other char like the templar when playing with the main char.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

The lad who offered me a guest pass hasnt logged in in 4 days, any other going?

I have one left over (with nobody to send it to /foreveralone :P), lemme know if you haven't received one in the meantime and I'll send it on.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Fing it pretty tuff going on Hell with the Wiz...I have absolute massive damage but HP is pretty none exsistant.

Was stuck so bad last night rolled a new char (lvl 15 barb now) shame you cant roll with your other char like the templar when playing with the main char.:rolleyes:

If you think the Wizard is hard I wouldnt be rerolling a Barb to be honest :p

I find the "barbarians why you no survive?" thing a bit of a myth to be honest. I play with a Barb most days who tanks inferno no problem. I've done dozens of inferno runs with him and he never dies. I know another who solo's act 3. All classes are gear dependant but the barb is just more so. If you gear him, he can own. The barb forums are just full of guys with level 55 rares who think they should be able to roflstomp everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

noob question, I can craft new items using the artisan with magical properties. Can I imbue ordinary (found) items with magic also?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

FIRST LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!

bul-kathos's wedding ring:

74 str
    49 dex
    each hit adds 97 life
    4% life
    25% increased crit damage
    socket

not bad stats too. though i dunno what to do with it, do i sell on and buy some MF gear or used it myself. that 97 life steal is very tempting.

Nice... you really need a LOT of luck with the legendary weapons i think, so rings/gear are probably the best items to get i'd imagine. Most of the weapons are completely worthless unless they roll high damage.

Im mostly just doing act 1 runs backwards. Sort of start before the butcher and usually have 3/4 stacks of that MF buff by the time i reach him, plus the 90% + i have. Once i down him i just work my way backwards. Works out handy enough. Haven't had anything amazing drop yet tho.

Got my DMG up to 26k buffed with about 21k HP.. still getting shanked by elites in act 2 tho, wll probably farm a bit more before giving it a proper go.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Think I'm going to have to update from starter edition, Any ideas on where is cheapest to buy?

grizzly wrote: »
    noob question, I can craft new items using the artisan with magical properties. Can I imbue ordinary (found) items with magic also?
    You can craft items that have magic properties, like strenght dex vitality etc.. and the secondary and tertiary imbuements like crit, extra damage, magic find, sockets etc..
    this costs a fair amount of gold, and it wont always give you what you want, it's very random. It also increases in price the higher level you want to craft.
    Serious pain in the ass and it kind of forces you to use the auction house.

You cannot imbue extra magic onto items, you can however (if they have a socket) put gems into them to increase stats or secondary stats. Each gem tells you what properties it will imbue to each item.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

grizzly wrote: »

That would definitely make the blacksmith more useful. They could cap the power of the weapons you imbue by the level of the blacksmith.
    They could also make it so that it grants a random number of magic attributes - rare items with 4+ attributes being rarest.
    I think they had an opportunity to make crafting really relevant to the game but trivialised it in the end.

At the moment there are 1 or 2 early items that are worth crafting but after level 20 or so, you're better off going to the AH.

I was wondering something.
    Can the blacksmith craft the same weapons for everyone or is the list random?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Gbear wrote: »
    That would definitely make the blacksmith more useful. They could cap the power of the weapons you imbue by the level of the blacksmith.
    They could also make it so that it grants a random number of magic attributes - rare items with 4+ attributes being rarest.
    I think they had an opportunity to make crafting really relevant to the game but trivialised it in the end.

At the moment there are 1 or 2 early items that are worth crafting but after level 20 or so, you're better off going to the AH.

I was wondering something.
    Can the blacksmith craft the same weapons for everyone or is the list random?

If they did what Torchlight did...

Chance to enchant, Chance to do nothing and chance to remove EVERYTHING from the item.

It is a good gold sink, Removes items from the game and would provide a use for what appears to be a rather useless feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If they did what Torchlight did...

Chance to enchant, Chance to do nothing and chance to remove EVERYTHING from the item.

It is a good gold sink, Removes items from the game and would provide a use for what appears to be a rather useless feature.

It would also change the current status of most loot being screen clutter.

Instead, you'd always be on the look out for a masterwork war sword or lance or plate mail. As it is those things are worse than useless and I wonder why they bothered adding extra types of non-magic items.
    It seems like some elements of the game were designed by teams that had no contact with one another.

One team
    "We'll make ordinary loot more diverse!"

Other team
    "All non-magic loot is worthless"

Why add a fancy word like "Masterwork" to something and make it totally useless?:confused:

In case you hadn't noticed that reeealllllyyy gets my goat.:pac:

Big Knox wrote: »
    Also JC is very viable later on, Star gems can be made for 80k the cheapest you will find one on the AH is 400k...
    Kirby wrote: »
    They can't though. That's the thing. You have to buy or craft 3 preceeding gems and that's not free. And to even get to that level is expensive. Most people from Normal to hell use the perfect square gems. It costs 20k and 3 square gems to make one......but why would you when you can buy one for 8k off the AH?.

It seems the economy has started to catch up to progression. Anything below radieant square is still dirt cheap but we have alot of people on inferno now.......and Star gems have trebled in price and are going for over 900k now so it is actually worthwhile putting the time and money into leveling it up.

Blacksmithing is still in a bad way due to the random nature of it but hopefully we will see some improvements to that in a patch down the line.

Kirby wrote: »
    It seems the economy has started to catch up to progression. Anything below radieant square is still dirt cheap but we have alot of people on inferno now.......and Star gems have trebled in price and are going for over 900k now so it is actually worthwhile putting the time and money into leveling it up.

Blacksmithing is still in a bad way due to the random nature of it but hopefully we will see some improvements to that in a patch down the line.

Blacksmiting may come into it's own as more patterns open up. Getting the pattern for a good legendary and farming mats might be a decent way to make a profit on the AH in time.

Even some of the good Rare patterns that are dropping can turn into some decent items. Still hard to tell if it will really be useful longterm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If anyone has a spare guest pass could they pm me please, I'm trying to get a friend to buy it but he wants to try it first. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare guest pass could they pm me please, I'm trying to get a friend to buy it but he wants to try it first. Thanks

If you dont have any luck finding one they're going for 2 quid on ebay

apparently those guest passes are being abused by gold sellers and leveling services already. I had a quick look ingame in general, and amazingly it's true.. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

how long does it take for the respawn timer to reset? I can be waiting up to 30 seconds sometimes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

apparently those guest passes are being abused by gold sellers and leveling services already. I had a quick look ingame in general, and amazingly it's true.. xD

Really? How does that work or what are they doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jonuxas13

Hello guys, maybe someone has a spare Guest Pass? I would really appreciate it if someone would send me one. Thanks.
    Email - lukjonas@gmail.com

jonuxas13 wrote: »
    Hello guys, maybe someone has a spare Guest Pass? I would really appreciate it if someone would send me one. Thanks.
    Email - lukjonas@gmail.com

Random question... Are you foreigner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jonuxas13

Random question... Are you foreigner?
    Yes, this is the first time i posted on this forum. And sorry if i posted in the wrong thread. I just want a Guest Pass so i can try the game out and see if it is worth buying.
    Sorry.

jonuxas13 wrote: »
    Yes, this is the first time i posted on this forum. And sorry if i posted in the wrong thread. I just want a Guest Pass so i can try the game out and see if it is worth buying.
    Sorry.

lithuanian? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonukas13

Yeah, but i live in UK. How did u know? :D

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Really? How does that work or what are they doing?

Pretty much the way it works in every online game. Guest passes are used to spam the general channels and whisper people with adverts to dodgy sites.
    The easiest way to obtain the guest passes is to make username on some random forum like what so many people have done in this topic and ask for a guest pass lol

I'm not saying you are or arent doing it, I'm just saying it happens and this is probably the most common and easy way of obtaining a guest pass anonymously, And also why i wouldnt ever give someone i didnt know a guest pass.
    Call me paro, but there ye go :)

Advertisement