Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Requesting to be added to the whitelist

Hears6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Whitelist pl0x? Getting back into Minecraft again.

Namethingy: IxDeadmau5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Hears6 wrote: »
    Requesting to be added to the whitelist

Hears6
    Whitelist pl0x? Getting back into Minecraft again.

Namethingy: IxDeadmau5

Both added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Whitelist: redstick

Please

mossy95 wrote: »
    Whitelist: redstick

Please

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LESTRANGE

Whitelist please and thanks :)

username: michaellestrange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

LESTRANGE wrote: »
    Whitelist please and thanks :)

username: michaellestrange

Added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

Whitelist plz

Username: eugemn

Thanks!

ShotgunBoy wrote: »
    Whitelist plz

Username: eugemn

Thanks!

Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Dec, how many people are whitelisted at this stage :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Dec, how many people are whitelisted at this stage :confused:
    Well, I'm not dec, but I can tell you that it's 232.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

That would make it seem more life like, specific areas for specific resources , it would encourage people to explore and eventually create railways back to spawn for trade/ building.

Though creating something like that is easier said then done. wonder if this map will be the same size ?

The upside is, trade and enterprise would be forced upon players (with positive effects?).

The down side is players who join the map late would suffer as a result?

Either way I'm up for it!

Current plan for a customized map, subject to plenty of tweaking:

LTLbtl.png

1: Starting island. Has limited resources but is newbie friendly. Has public farms, easier mobs, and no PvP except for arenas. Good for people just starting off and those not interested in PvP.

2: Mainland. Full PvP except for small, limited safe zones. Lots of resources, tougher mobs, huge areas to explore. NPC villages for trading, hidden temples with traps and treasure, and of course the end Fortress are all here. Once factions get big enough they can start establishing towns here. For people who want to just kill everyone else, and love a challenge.

3: Smaller islands for factional capital cities. Factions will start here with a small city with a few NPC traders. PvP only between rival factions, you can't attack faction mates. Portals to the Nether and possibly other places will be here. Raiding other faction's capitals is encouraged and rewarded. Great for people who want team PvP.

What about non-faction capital islands to be colonized?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

deconduo wrote: »
    Current plan for a customized map, subject to plenty of tweaking:

LTLbtl.png

Pretty cool Dec! I was thinking, perhaps we could have a big mountainous region in the centre, with one large peak. These would be ideal zones for player's to set up tactical bases and such would be sought after. If you choose so you could even make a safe zone on top of one of these peaks.

Like the idea of NPC trading villages, perhaps these could be safe, and our less violent members such as CNC could set up trade here?

EDIT: Just saw the mountains on the right, could still apply here.

Well whatever the story is, clear rules to do with PVP (such as stuff lost due to fights) whether you're a combatant of civilian needs to be outlined; personally I think it should be fair game, everything from assassinations and artillery strikes to muggings should go unpunished in the wilds of the main island!

Well whatever the story is, clear rules to do with PVP (such as stuff lost due to fights) whether you're a combatant of civilian needs to be outlined; personally I think it should be fair game, everything from assassinations and artillery strikes to muggings should go unpunished in the wilds of the main island!

Yep, if you die on the mainland your stuff is fair game. Same if you get killed in a faction raid.

So what is stopping me coming on at 4 in the morning and tnting all other capitol cities.. taking the loot and putting it in my non pvp home?

Not saying I would do it but you get my drift.

wouldn't put it past cnc though :P

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    So what is stopping me coming on at 4 in the morning and tnting all other capitol cities.. taking the loot and putting it in my non pvp home?

:pac::pac::pac:
    I play by the rules.

Killing people is ok, tnting buildings not so much :pac:

• Advertisement

Killing people is ok, tnting buildings not so much :pac:
    Wait so faction 1 can't build a giant cannon aimed at faction 2 and fire? :pac::pac:

So you can't raid another factions capital?

So you can't raid another factions capital?

You can go in, kill people and steal things. You just can't go all Nagasaki on it :pac:

You can go in, kill people and steal things. You just can't go all Nagasaki on it :pac:
    :(

Got ya... bull in a china shop style.

Are we allowing private signs? no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hiroshima even?

How are the factions going to be divided :confused: theres plenty people on the server who are friends with others, they might not enjoy it if the're forced to go into a faction where they don't know anybody.

What about Chat options , can i choose to chat to my clan without the others hearing it.

Love the new map , the one thing the current server is missing is islands :D. Is this map going to be the same size?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

How are the factions going to be divided :confused: theres plenty people on the server who are friends with others, they might not enjoy it if the're forced to go into a faction where they don't know anybody.

What about Chat options , can i choose to chat to my clan without the others hearing it.

Love the new map , the one thing the current server is missing is islands :D. Is this map going to be the same size?

You can choose what faction you go into of course. If they don't like one join another.

I've seen plugins that allow local and faction chat so we can use these to discuss thing's without others hearing.

Number of factions will be limited to less than 5 I would assume.

I was thinking about faction chat but do we really want it? I don't want it to develop such that we have a segregated community only talking to their own factions.

• Advertisement

Number of factions will be limited to less than 5 I would assume.

I was thinking about faction chat but do we really want it? I don't want it to develop such that we have a segregated community only talking to their own factions.

Thats a good point , but where going to have a segregated community anyway, the only time we'll see other people is when we're trying to kill them

Will we have private Chests/Doors?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement