Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

BX 19 wrote: »

Again I don't think the server is big enough for something like this. We should try and keep it as 1 general chat only.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Again I don't think the server is big enough for something like this. We should try and keep it as 1 general chat only.

I was thinking along the lines of not playing the game but still having a chat client open if you get my drift.

I was thinking along the lines of not playing the game but still having a chat client open if you get my drift.

Ahh ok. Does that work externally? Or do you have to be logged in? What program do you use outside of minecraft?

• Advertisement

Ahh ok. Does that work externally? Or do you have to be logged in? What program do you use outside of minecraft?

You would need an IRC client. something like Xchat to chat external to MC

And your own IRC server on top of the minecraft one, or a free one that allows multiple connections.

Could be cool.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I am going to f***ing murder electro.

DO. NOT. BUILD. THROUGH. OTHER. PEOPLES. STUFF!

EDIT: It just keeps on getting better and better... my old place has been griefed by a known griefer who was permabanned ages ago. Who the hell unbanned him??!? :eek:

Everyone, hate to do this again, but it may be a good idea to check all your stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I suggested something similar ages ago, must be months now at this stage...
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hi,

Could I get a whitelist? IGN Branoic.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Can I get whitelisted?

IGN - Maverick_J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Branoic wrote: »
    Hi,

Could I get a whitelist? IGN Branoic.

Thanks
    Can I get whitelisted?

IGN - Maverick_J
    Both added.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Can you a new account please Dylandublin2 ?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Went to check the logs, except the file wouldn't open in notepad, word, notepad++ anything. Finally got it open using vim of all things, and found out why I was having such a problem. Its more than 8 million lines long :eek::eek::eek:

deconduo wrote: »
    Went to check the logs, except the file wouldn't open in notepad, word, notepad++ anything. Finally got it open using vim of all things, and found out why I was having such a problem. Its more than 8 million lines long :eek::eek::eek:

Lets get it to 10 million ! :D:P

Lets get it to 10 million ! :D:P

Its an older backup log, I already had switched it out because it had gotten too big. I just didn't realise HOW big it was. Current log is about 500k lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

HI sol sorry I may have borrowed some iron and forgot to replace it ,got a bit stuck for iron for the temp rooms for new players as their was a lot of demand and im only one guy. As for building throught other peoples stuff I was not aware that I had except for bland helped me remove a chest made by andy madden (grieffer perma banned) .Anyways im sure if i have unwittingly built throught ur stuff I can replace or repair .

Solitaire wrote: »
    I am going to f***ing murder electro.

DO. NOT. BUILD. THROUGH. OTHER. PEOPLES. STUFF!

EDIT: It just keeps on getting better and better... my old place has been griefed by a known griefer who was permabanned ages ago. Who the hell unbanned him??!? :eek:

Everyone, hate to do this again, but it may be a good idea to check all your stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I assume we would remove lockette for factions. It has been a while since I have played on a faction server but if I remember correctly, chests can't be opened by non-faction members in faction territory correct? If so, it would be very interesting as it would be unsafe to just leave any ores you find outside of your faction base which means you have to carry them home and are open to attack.

I assume we would remove lockette for factions. It has been a while since I have played on a faction server but if I remember correctly, chests can't be opened by non-faction members in faction territory correct? If so, it would be very interesting as it would be unsafe to just leave any ores you find outside of your faction base which means you have to carry them home and are open to attack.

What I was thinking of was to drop chest protection outside of the spawn island altogether, but have build protection instead. That way, apart from the person who owns the land, people can't place or destroy blocks and can only toggle switches, open doors etc. So it allows for people to protect their stuff with elaborate traps or hidden rooms, but still leaves it open to being looted during raids.

Good idea that. Most people will use burying chests as their elaborate trap though. No switches means no access during raids.

deconduo wrote: »
    What I was thinking of was to drop chest protection outside of the spawn island altogether, but have build protection instead. That way, apart from the person who owns the land, people can't place or destroy blocks and can only toggle switches, open doors etc. So it allows for people to protect their stuff with elaborate traps or hidden rooms, but still leaves it open to being looted during raids.

Xray texture pack instantly defeats that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Xray texture pack instantly defeats that

Well sorry to burst your bubble, but thanks to me, there are anti-Xray plugins in place... :rolleyes:

Botulism wrote: »
    Well sorry to burst your bubble, but thanks to me, there are anti-Xray plugins in place... :rolleyes:

They cant stop a client side texture pack change can they?

(I hate the things BTW, too many people use them on public reddit survival server....)

and this is exactly the sort of thing we need to discuss before we make the change. We need to try and make it work in such a way that it is fair for everyone involved.

If enemies can't add or remove blocks on my land, what is stopping me from turning my diamonds into blocks and just placing them around the place? It will be tricky to develop a system that actually works:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

They cant stop a client side texture pack change can they?

That's exactly what they're designed to do ;)
    If enemies can't add or remove blocks on my land, what is stopping me from turning my diamonds into blocks and just placing them around the place? It will be tricky to develop a system that actually works:(

"Your land" is safe. But the mapgen would be designed to allocate most of the high-value resources in/under the PvP area, which is also where there'll be no Lockette or anything and mugging is encouraged. The trick will be getting your diamonds back home in one piece :p

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

I got bored of minecraft a while back, but a faction server would certaily pique my interest!

+1 for factions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Ye it will be interesting alright, this map isn't going to be focused on making a pretty little house , its going to be about building a fort , trying to hide your supplies from the enemy and attacking them :pac:

About the chests and protecting your builds, Am i right in thinking i can just have a solid room(no windows/doors) made out of stone with chests inside.

Since my builds are protected, will i be the only one able to break down the wall and access my chests, or will lockette be available on my faction island

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Ye it will be interesting alright, this map isn't going to be focused on making a pretty little house , its going to be about building a fort , trying to hide your supplies from the enemy and attacking them :pac:

About the chests and protecting your builds, Am i right in thinking i can just have a solid room(no windows/doors) made out of stone with chests inside.

Since my builds are protected, will i be the only one able to break down the wall and access my chests, or will lockette be available on my faction island

Lockette will only be available on the starting island. As for building protection... I think we are better off just not having it at all. Make faction buildings fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Lockette will only be available on the starting island. As for building protection... I think we are better off just not having it at all. Make faction buildings fair game.

I'm fine with that , if and only if there is zero chance another player can find the chests by cheating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Just got access to the server yesterday. Is it just a waste of time now building anything as the map will be changed very soon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement