Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

i like the idea of factions... I was on the server set up by the lads from TNT. Really alot of fun, however what I found is you really need to be on there from the start. I got on, made myself a stone sword and withen 10 minutes I was set alight by a team of three in fully enchanted armor and full level smite swords. Not to mention those cheaters who just loved /tpaccept ers who would say they wanted you on their team, telleport you in and kill you in the dungeon.
    Not a pretty sight.

I think it works for a, lets say, month long event. Where no one has the chance to overpower the other unless it's down to skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Think of the advances in cannon-making techniques...

I propose a neutral side which simply supplies each side with weapons (in exchange for cash, of course!):pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Its a good idea, would love a map with factions, instead of all focusing on building our own little forts, we make a big town fortress and try to fend off/ attack the other team

To make it easier we could have a normal map with a huge river dividing two land masses.

Oh the possibilities :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Ponster wrote: »
    Or a map that was designed by someone (as opposed to a random seed) where certain resources are concentrated in different regions of the map forcing people to travel to get them.

That would be something I'd certainly be for! Is there any terrain generators we could use to do this?

Make a map that makes sense so we don't end up with snow biomes surrounded by deserts! :pac:

nimrod86 wrote: »
    That would be something I'd certainly be for! Is there any terrain generators we could use to do this?

Make a map that makes sense so we don't end up with snow biomes surrounded by deserts! :pac:

There is , i remember watching a video on a custom map before, its all landscaping, complete with cliffs etc, i'll try and find a link

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yeah just some more things that we'd like to have for the next map:

-Custom world generation. Snow/Taiga in the North and South, Jungle/Desert in the middle. Maybe an ocean with continents and stuff as well.

-Some sort of factions plugin. Probably limited to 2-3 factions, with a peaceful/builder faction as well for people who aren't interested in it.

-Proper PvP implementation, linked with the factions stuff.

-Harder mobs. PvE is pretty easy and not very scary anymore.

I dunno how much of this we'll actually get done, or how long it will take. Don't expect a reset straight after 1.3 comes out, we will wait for plugins to get updated and stuff. We're also open to any more suggestions or thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Found a cool generator you might want to try for the map dec, it's here:

http://worldpainter.net

It lets you basically draw it out

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I don't like the idea of someone (as in a person) doing the map; It means at least 1 person knows where the resources are.. why not leave it with normal map generation? If you don't like a hill, remove it!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

IS the server down I cant connect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

mossy95 wrote: »
    IS the server down I cant connect

I'm on it atm. It seems to be up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 TheLastMile

nvm

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

deconduo wrote: »
    Yeah just some more things that we'd like to have for the next map:

-Custom world generation. Snow/Taiga in the North and South, Jungle/Desert in the middle. Maybe an ocean with continents and stuff as well.

-Some sort of factions plugin. Probably limited to 2-3 factions, with a peaceful/builder faction as well for people who aren't interested in it.

-Proper PvP implementation, linked with the factions stuff.

-Harder mobs. PvE is pretty easy and not very scary anymore.

I dunno how much of this we'll actually get done, or how long it will take. Don't expect a reset straight after 1.3 comes out, we will wait for plugins to get updated and stuff. We're also open to any more suggestions or thoughts.

Well, unless you have Diamond armor you can die pretty quick when facing a few mobs at the one go. Very hard going up against 2 spiders, a skeleton shooting at you and a creeper running after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

I always liked the idea of "Towns" I was on a towny server and there were different towns and the town elder could claim land. In between claimed lands were PVP zones where bands of soldiers from rival towns would fight. Nobody in claimed lands could destroy blocks without permission from the elder. there was also an economy system too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Can you add my friend: zepony

Danke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Found a cool generator you might want to try for the map dec, it's here:

http://worldpainter.net

It lets you basically draw it out

I say make actual Ireland (maybe England too). Ought to become political.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Done. Also...
    cherry.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Done. Also...
    cherry.png

I hate you <3

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I hate you <3
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I'd play occasionally, but minecraft always crashes unless I reinstall my graphics drivers and restart my computer, and once I turn it off the next time I have to do the same thing. Just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fenrar31

Hi lads, requesting to be added to the white list. I'm from Kilkenny.

Gealbhan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

Hi can I get white listed please my username is mick3690. thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Fenrar31 wrote: »
    Hi lads, requesting to be added to the white list. I'm from Kilkenny.

Gealbhan

fusuf wrote: »
    Hi can I get white listed please my username is mick3690. thanks!

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

May i be added please?

IGN : Fionnuar_gaige

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Dats_Dope wrote: »
    May i be added please?

IGN : Fionnuar_gaige

Added. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Added. Enjoy :)

Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Botulism wrote: »
    I say make actual Ireland (maybe England too). Ought to become political.

I get the North, okay?

Perhaps , when were looking for a new world , Let a few of us fly around and see if its a good match.

I think some kind of custom map is the way to go for this reset :pac: One with a few islands so we can build huge bridges across to them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    I get the North, okay?

No! It's mine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I think some kind of custom map is the way to go for this reset :pac: One with a few islands so we can build huge bridges across to them :p

yeah. I'd love to see isolated islands, far from spawn with an extra high amount of certain ores that are perhaps less easily found by just digging down.
    The Redstone Islands sounds like a good name :)

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    yeah. I'd love to see isolated islands, far from spawn with an extra high amount of certain ores that are perhaps less easily found by just digging down.
    The Redstone Islands sounds like a good name :)

That would make it seem more life like, specific areas for specific resources , it would encourage people to explore and eventually create railways back to spawn for trade/ building.

Though creating something like that is easier said then done. wonder if this map will be the same size ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement