Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Week's Storms - FORECAST, MODEL DISCUSSION ONLY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

howlinwolf wrote: »
    listen weathercheck dont threaten me with ur warnings freedom of speech is still available in this country,its not my fault amost of these events you are predicting dont come off maybe you should study your charts a little harder instead of threatening people who have an opinion
    aaah ffs give it a rest will ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn10812.png

Wind gusts are off the scale here. It surely won't be this bad on Friday morning,otherwise this would be damaging on a widespread scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Wind gusts are off the scale here. It surely won't be this bad on Friday morning,otherwise this would be damaging on a widespread scale.

There really has to be something wrong with those models, we just don't get weather that severe :eek: that would be disastrous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

listen weathercheck dont threaten me with ur warnings freedom of speech is still available in this country,its not my fault amost of these events you are predicting dont come off maybe you should study your charts a little harder instead of threatening people who have an opinion

* WAVES * " BYE BYE!!! " :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

aaah ffs give it a rest will ya.

i voiced an opinion ( right or wrong) and he warns me .... how childish:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i voiced an opinion ( right or wrong) and he warns me .... how childish:rolleyes:
    thats not a warning,its a plea .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Freedom of speech only applies in a public domain. Even then it's not as free as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Right mate your banned, i was going to led the first one slide but your just a messer.

Moving on!:D

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Think I saw Chuck Norris fleeing the scene at the end.

Chuck Norris Doenst Flee.... he strolls away without a care in the world! :rolleyes:

Back on topic... I'll look forward to seeing the furture precip. type charts 2moro!.... WIND+ COLD + PRECIPITATION..... = :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

1yB82.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Guys, when someone goes off on one, can the everyone else just ignore them and keep to the thread topic please? Threads like these become very tediuous for people trying to catch up when there are pages of unrelated posts to wade through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

They're wind speeds at 5000ft or so.

Su Campu wrote: »
    Guys, when someone goes off on one, can the everyone else just ignore them and keep to the thread topic please? Threads like these become very tediuous for people trying to catch up when there are pages of unrelated posts to wade through.
    oops sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I don't normally do the "will it snow/rain/gale in my town" but I've to fly out of Dublin airport Thursday morning and back (from London) Friday evening so I'll put it this way... What level of storm does it take to disrupt Dublin airport typically. I've searched online and found a reference to a two hour closure due to 60mph cross winds in October but if thursday/Fridays storm hits the way it looks would it even be open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Sorry if this comes across as too Extreme, but I designed this and sending it to my Family and friends just in case.

184764.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I think people are forgetting about the snow potential this week.
    Tuesday and Wednesday look very favourable for hill snow in the North and West, perhaps down to lower levels at times.
    I think at this stage mods a couple of new threads wouldn't go amiss maybe one for the storm potential (new one) and one for the snow chances next week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Solyad wrote: »
    I don't normally do the "will it snow/rain/gale in my town" but I've to fly out of Dublin airport Thursday morning and back (from London) Friday evening so I'll put it this way... What level of storm does it take to disrupt Dublin airport typically. I've searched online and found a reference to a two hour closure due to 60mph cross winds in October but if thursday/Fridays storm hits the way it looks would it even be open?

I am no expert, but usually when winds start gusting over 60 Knots things start getting tricky.

baraca wrote: »
    They're wind speeds at 5000ft or so.

Actually, the 850 level is at 900-1100 metres on that chart, such is the depth of the cyclone. The average is around 1500 m, but it varies greatly from day to day, and in strong winter storms can be nearly half that!

108_3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Not a weather expert. What is "kt"?

Su Campu wrote: »
    Actually, the 850 level is at 900-1100 metres on that chart, such is the depth of the cyclone. The average is around 1500 m, but it varies greatly from day to day, and in strong winter storms can be nearly half that!

Interesting, Thanks su

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

wet bulb temperature looks good for tuesday and wednesday. but it seems higher at the end of the week :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Not a weather expert. What is "kt"?

knot.

you can convert knots to kph here
    http://www.militaryfactory.com/conversioncalculators/speed_knots_to_kilometers_per_hour.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Solyad wrote: »

Sometimes it's not the severity of the wind but the direction in relation to the runway heading that's the problem. Airliners have crosswind limits (i.e. the maximum crosswind component that has been demonstrated as safe) in the region of 34-40 knots (depends on the plane). A severe gale right down the runway will be easier than a Force 7 Strong Breeze at 45 ° to it.

Dublin has 4 runway directions - 28 (westerly), 01 (easterly), 16 (southsoutheasterly) and 34 (northnorthwesterly). As these winds will be coming from somewhere between a SW and SE direction, it will be between 28 (over Portmarnock) and 16 (over Garristown, Oldtown, Rolestown direction). Sometimes a strong wind of say 230 ° (SW) can be what closes the airport, as it's an equally strong crosswind on both 28 and 16. Winds will vary in direction during Thursday night, becoming strongest in the early hours of Friday morning, going on latest indications. It should be ok for Friday night, but Thursday morning could be iffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Rougies wrote: »
    Here's a video of that Scottish wind turbine bursting into flames.

Quite an interesting site from Irish Wind Energy Association, Detailing all the wind farms in Ireland by county (Donegal seems to have the most); how much energy they produce and where they are, etc:

http://www.iwea.com/index.cfm/page/windmap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Weather Online Tuesday 1800hrs

184766.png

184767.png

Net Weather Tuesday 1800hrs

184768.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

redsunset wrote: »
    Sorry if this comes across as too Extreme, but I designed this and sending it to my Family and friends just in case.

184764.JPG

3312689970_39dcfc5b46.jpg

I remember a big storm some years ago, Think it was christmas eve not sure but it was around christmas I'll never forget that night. If anyone could help with pulling out a chart for that or provide a link it would be great.

Would love to compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

What time is the ECM out lads ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement