Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I still have EP1 and 2 to do, I didn''t want to be left waiting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we can finally put it to bed

IkQL0Ls.jpg

techstuff (excellent podcast) is doing an overview of the history of Valve.

(you can find it by searching techstuff on any podcast app)

2 parts are out (of a total of 3).

As an asisde, I see that Gabe Newell is now worth $5.5 billion now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With E3 around the corner I'd just like to answer this threads title:

No

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    With E3 around the corner I'd just like to answer this threads title:

No

BUT THERE WAS A GUY WEARING A HALF LIFE 3 TEE SHIRT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dude, stop bumping this thread!

aLMmeVV_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Hopes f*cking dashed. Again :(

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Maybe lock this thread?

All hope is lost. Gordan Freeman is lost to us.

Bye bye crowbar :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nah. That's like holocaust denial.

Don't ever let Valve forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Absolutely
    Every so often this thread rises to the top, I see it, I get curious, tell myself never to click it again, and I can't resist clicking it, for there to be no news, ever and ever again, a-men...

I still click it, read memes, and close it again...

:(

• Advertisement

Nah. That's like holocaust denial.

Don't ever let Valve forget.

hCD038566

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

*checks to see if I can ban Retr0gamer*
    *finger hovers above button*

*checks to see if I can ban Retr0gamer*
    *finger hovers above button*

OJhA80Z.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

HL3, Switch exclusive....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I hate valve for not finishing the story arc with a final episode. Leaves such a bad taste.

Remember when valve used to be the good guys?

They aren't game dev as far as I'm concerned. Just a money counting company :(

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

If I recall some hobbyists have taken that Marc Laidlaw blog and are working on a fanmade version of Episode 3 based off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Valve would not be capable of finishing HL, everything they make screams "product" these days

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I can't be that mad at Valve. Steam has benefited the community immensely, more so than any Half Life. Sure, I'm kinda heartbroken we'll never get to actually SEE Ep.3, but at the same time I certainly can't begrudge these guys a living.

I mean, none of us here have or ever will have the slightest idea what it's like to be tempted with that much money and power. If Gabe and co want to just sit back and rake in the millions for the rest of their lives then that's fine. I'd probably do the same.

I think the mods need to just finish this thread with a link to that EP.3 script and then lock it forever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Valve deserve a lot of praise for what they did with the pc market, but they are not the company they used to be, and they have clearly shown games are not their primary focus anymore. I wouldn't be their biggest fan anymore.

It's a shame, as they have made some absolutely fantastic games.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    I can't be that mad at Valve. Steam has benefited the community immensely, more so than any Half Life.

It sure did but monopolies never end well for the consumer, Steam could really do with some competition. It's probably the most annoying piece of software that I use at this stage

Bambi wrote: »
    It sure did but monopolies never end well for the consumer, Steam could really do with some competition. It's probably the most annoying piece of software that I use at this stage

It could be worse. At least it has competition. The console space is much worse with them being walled off stores with no competition.

It could be worse. At least it has competition. The console space is much worse with them being walled off stores with no competition.

Well, we're not out of the woods in the PC space with regards to that, Gaben would probably never wall up Steam but "intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this market with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.”

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's probably the most annoying piece of software that I use at this stage

Spoken like someone that's never had to use iTunes on the PC. Or Origin. Or Uplay.

Well, we're not out of the woods in the PC space with regards to that, Gaben would probably never wall up Steam but "intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this market with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.”

PC is an open platform though. It's what keeps the market competitive. You can never get too comfortable at the top.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Spoken like someone that's never had to use iTunes on the PC. Or Origin. Or Uplay.

That's correct. That's why its the most annoying piece of software that I use

Need a diagram? :o

PC is an open platform though. It's what keeps the market competitive. You can never get too comfortable at the top.

And always watch out for an assassination attempt by EA

hE525CD30

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Steam isn't great, but it's nowhere near as bad as UPlay. And I actually think Origin is better in pretty much every way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Absolutely
    I'd agree with that. I find Origin pretty decent and the Blizzard App is good too. The only one I find actually 'bad' is UPlay, horrible piece of software.

• Advertisement

UPlay is the concentration camp of platfroms.

But....

I do like the 200 points to knock 20% off any purchase thinge

Origin is ok, but i dont trust EA

Steam hated it back when it forced me to sign up with Half Life 2, but since then.......the amount of games ive bought....

Advertisement