Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F*cking hell that wolfenstein add is annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Well if all he saw was concept art, that doesn't mean much. They've had concept art for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kdave2

C14N wrote: »
    Well if all he saw was concept art, that doesn't mean much. They've had concept art for years now.

Exactly sure they haven't even finished HL 2 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Rejoice, a Kickstarter campaign has been launched! :pac:

EDIT: Cancelled. Well that lasted longer than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

"Risks and challenges

Obviously the biggest challenge is living up to the expectation of the fans but I feel working for valve and being fans of the games ourselves we feel we can re-create that which we loved and bring it to the next gen of console gaming as well as PC." not being sued by Valve? What were they thinking by going to kickstarter with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kiith wrote: »
    I didn't post it in here, as i didn't want to bump the thread.

OopsIDidItAgainSingleCover.jpg

wrong image..

britney-spears.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

I'm unsubscribing from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

^^Join date - Jul 2014?!

Yup?

wyrn wrote: »
    ^^Join date - Jul 2014?!

/backseat mod - eh, perhaps this user closed a previous account ;)

• Advertisement

Lame attempt at humour on my part, after waking up from a 3 hour nap.

3 hour nap? 3? Half Life 3 conf.... etc. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Absolutely
    F##K this f**king thread....

:O

One day I will read it and Half Life 3 will be confirmed.....

I live in hope....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

This thread won't be where you hear about Half Life 3 first, in all honesty. It'll be in the in the "In other news..." section of the news bulletin announcing the impending heat death of the universe, which we'll all receive collectively due to the singularity having occurred the previous Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Absolutely
    This thread won't be where you hear about Half Life 3 first, in all honesty. It'll be in the in the "In other news..." section of the news bulletin announcing the impending heat death of the universe, which we'll all receive collectively due to the singularity having occurred the previous Tuesday.

The whole internet will go down....

Fires will burn, people will cry, robots will take over and it will be like a Michael Bay film...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fieldog wrote: »
    The whole internet will go down....

Fires will burn, people will cry, robots will take over and it will be like a Michael Bay film...

:)

With a cyborg Garth Brooks as the main baddie :pac:

Overheal wrote: »
    /backseat mod - eh, perhaps this user closed a previous account ;)
    No, I figured as much. If you opened a new account, would you really sub back in here straight away?!

I sometimes wonder which will happen first, HL3 or the end of Freeman's Mind.

Or maybe, as I said above, I was making a weak attempt at a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I sometimes wonder which will happen first, HL3 or the end of Freeman's Mind.

He said he'd try to get it done by the end of the year after raising money to keep him afloat.

Incidentally, the valve office floors don't have three either. So we might get HL4/L4D4 etc first. There's some hope.

oqp6c5ohpqlamm20evao.jpg

Now STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD EVERYONE :mad: ...unless you have real news. :P

Oak76 wrote: »
    Or maybe, as I said above, I was making a weak attempt at a joke.

I knew you were joking, perhaps I should have used a smily instead of !

No, I figured as much. If you opened a new account, would you really sub back in here straight away?!

/More OT, last time Retro sorry <3:

It depends. If you re-reg'd to circumvent something like a ban for example. Plenty of people close their accounts for plenty other reasons though (I've seen people close accts for reasons as small as a petty disagreement on a thread, to being stalked in real life, but theres a gamut of innocuous reasons for closing, in between). If all I wanted to do was shake off a stalker or harasser, then yeah I'd re-reg and re-sub to my threads the same damn day, no question.

Now I've been far too rude, I must pay tribute to thread, with contribution of what *IS* actually the latest news on HL3? I engage in the Bing and the Google....

Well, Bing doesn't log any news on the IP since MARCH. But Bing's Homepage did have a badass .gif of SETI today, sucks to be you if you missed it. Now it's just a boring-ass bird.

Well, onto google. And, I'll warn you now readers, google does have *new* news, but it is NOT news, it's a random-ass blog, who saw a gap in the Half Life 3 news market, and posted something that would get picked up by google for the sake of AdSense clicks and revenue. In short, it's bogus news, and/or trollery:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/half-life-3-release-date-title-confirmation-endurance-car-race-sponsorship-joke-top-10-fan-604227

It's utter and total bull****, and the only reason I want to reference it here is so you will know total-bull**** when we see it. Because the LAST thing I want to see is a bump of this thread in 3 months with THIS ^ calibre of fake-news. I'm hoping nobody brings this thread back up this year without VERIFIABLE PROOF that Half Life 3 is coming more certainly than Winter. That is all. /Rant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Valve don't seem that bothered, what with other.focuses such as the Steam box et al; and given how unstable and prone to overreaction the gaming community is, seems like any release of a third Half Life would only ever court disappointment and fan backlash. Why bother? Not like they need the money, and I'd sooner Valve tackle more immediate issues such as the rash of Early Access games or Greenlights various wobbly moments than a game that seems more like legend than anything else... :)

Monotype wrote: »
    Now STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD EVERYONE :mad: ...unless you have real news. :P

Agree, this thread is just for Half Life 3 trolls. Eveytime I see it at the top of the Games list for a split second I think it might be good news so I always get caught out. Somehow Garth Brooks got a mention in here fs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Agree, this thread is just for Half Life 3 trolls. Eveytime I see it at the top of the Games list for a split second I think it might be good news so I always get caught out. Somehow Garth Brooks got a mention in here fs :P

Agreed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

When does this game stop becoming relevant? Or is it the anticipation of a release date the overriding addiction here, regardless of the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Pac1Man wrote: »
    When does this game stop becoming relevant? Or is it the anticipation of a release date the overriding addiction here, regardless of the title?

10 years post release.

We know Valve are developing something, they've only small teams on dota2 &csgo at this stage, just a matter of time until they announce what their next game is. I'm predicting a 2 Valve game year in 2015 with HL3 & L4D3. Not in the slightest worried that whatever is next wont be top class.

Gabe has said numerous times that he wants there to be minimal time between announcement and release. We wont be waiting more than 6 months between the 2 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm just sayin if ye have a newsletter can ye throw us on the subscription list there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Magill wrote: »
    10 years post release.

I'm predicting a 2 Valve game year in 2015 with HL3 & L4D3. Not in the slightest worried that whatever is next wont be top class.

We are definitely due a few Valve games at this stage!

Source 2 is where it is all at currently, and Half Life 3 will showcase Source 2.

And coincide with the release of Steam Boxes, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

pixelburp wrote: »
    Why bother?

They created something with a story component. That story has not been concluded. I'd have thought that the creative types at Valve would care enough about the HL project to see it completed.

• Advertisement

We are definitely due a few Valve games at this stage!

Source 2 is where it is all at currently, and Half Life 3 will showcase Source 2.

Spoken like you were some kind of person that speaks to other people connected to other people at a site with lots of people on it that might have connections to these interests like you were some sort of mod there. eh?

Advertisement