Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sarky wrote: »
    If people would just stop hyping it to the point where nothing Valve releases could possibly match expectations, I think they might bother their arses. I don't expect to see HL3 a moment before that happens. Gamers are their own worst enemy.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be perfectly happy if they just kept the engine and tech from HL2 and carried on the story. If they also included the portal gun that would blow my expectations away. If it had native Oculus Rift support (which HL2 already does) that would be the icing on the cake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

stevenmu wrote: »
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be perfectly happy if they just kept the engine and tech from HL2 and carried on the story. If they also included the portal gun that would blow my expectations away. If it had native Oculus Rift support (which HL2 already does) that would be the icing on the cake.

It was strongly hinted at that Valve had hit a brick wall with the Half Life series following Episode 2. They had the plans in place for Episode 3, and it was likely being worked on, but towards the end of Episode 2's development cycle they were not happy with their future plans for the Half Life series and scrapped what they were working on leaving only a core group to thrash out concepts.

So they essentially went back to the drawing board. The fact that they felt the need to do that makes me comfortable knowing they are not rushing this game due to financial demands - or even demands from the community itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Zillah wrote: »
    I can't believe it's been six years since Episode 2, and nine years since Half-Life 2, and we're only starting to see evidence that 3 is actually in development. I find it so bizarre they've let it go on this long.

At the same time it's reassuring that they didn't just cookie-cutter sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Holy **** it's actually happening. I'm seriously beginning to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

danthefan wrote: »

Quoting this just so you cant delete it in 5 years, you know the next time we hear anything about hl3. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Burgo wrote: »
    Quoting this just so you cant delete it in 5 years, you know the next time we hear anything about hl3. ;)

Its nice to have buzz about it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

danthefan wrote: »

tumblr_mhwciuvZoF1rjqzc1o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

gaben-o.gif

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

desk%20flip.jpg

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

There's a €900 fee for trademark application. I don't know if the application goes online before the fees have been paid, it seems strange that they would.

I think we'll need more info before immediately dismissing this as a prank. Unfortunately I didn't get a look at the trademark application before it was pulled offline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how's tricks Kiith?

tumblr_l9i4abLVeD1qc073co1_400.gif

I should have known :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

BAN

BAN WITH FIRE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Absolutely
    how's tricks Kiith?

Was gonna do it....... then played battlefield....then seen a new post....clicked back in anticipation!!!!....saw you did it......LOL`d

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My original guess of a 2015 release looks to be about right! Any news on the steambox release? Always figured hl3 would be a bundled launch title that would drive sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Someone lock this thread plz... or move it to the steam/valve forum !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

sheehy83 wrote: »
    My original guess of a 2015 release looks to be about right! Any news on the steambox release? Always figured hl3 would be a bundled launch title that would drive sales.

Dunno, they said they were'nt doing exclusives for the steam box, it's not their ethos

Magill wrote: »
    Someone lock this thread plz... or move it to the steam/valve forum !

Booooooooooooourns

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jaysus if it was bundled with the steam box that would be immense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Bambi wrote: »
    Dunno, they said they were'nt doing exclusives for the steam box, it's not their ethos
    It would be great marketing to release the new even more Orange Box with Half life 3 at the same time as the SteamBox and SteamOs. I don't think it will be an exclusive but the marketing sells itself. Okay it's not actually going to happen but we can dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

heart attack*

* it's been nice knowing you all, i'll feel the wraith of the ban hammer with pride :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They should actually announce it on an April 1st for the craic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Creamy Goodness, everyone currently within a 100 metre radius of him, and his first born child permabanned from boards.ie games forum for bumping the Half Life 3 thread on April Fools' Day. IN PERPETUITY

MadYaker wrote: »
    They should actually announce it on an April 1st for the craic.

Courtesy of Kiith on the Gaming Humour thread

b7f20b0be9f91765b070ce21aa74d20b.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I wonder if the names from the comments are robbed from actual usernames found online, they seem so....genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

God damn it

I didn't post it in here, as i didn't want to bump the thread.

OopsIDidItAgainSingleCover.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ugh, ****ing IGN, worst kind of clickbait.

Advertisement