Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Please just let the hype die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Absolutely
    Sarky wrote: »
    Please just let the hype die.

Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Got around to playing through HL 2 and the 2 episodes again over the past couple of weeks.
    They still stand up very well.

Even if there were no new mechanics and it was just the same gameplay, a different storyline and better graphics I'd still be pretty happy to spend 40 quid or so on a new one. Love that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I have a stupidly large backlog of games at the moment but I'm going to have to give in and replay HL2 for a while, thanks to all the hype out there at the moment. I'm really looking forward to it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

You just know this is going to be the 3rd announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm going to pay a hypnotist to make me unable to see this thread any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm going to be glued to this thread on friday in the hope of being the first to post "half life 3 confirmed" in a non ironic manner

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No chance, as the internet will break as soon as Valve announce it (in 2016 or whenever the actually announce it).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

wyrn wrote: »

I imagine it will be more like this :D

We all just want a Kingdom Hearts 3 reaction to the final reveal.

• Advertisement

Absolutely
    We all just want a Kingdom Hearts 3 reaction to the final reveal.

Never played Kingdom Hearts... the whole Disney cartoon thing is a real put off :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,185 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

MadYaker wrote: »

Goddammit, I thought that was real for a second, that's goddamn horrible!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can't fool me with my sweet sweet chrome extensions.
    http://i.imgur.com/F82bJSU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ALL THE TABS!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ARE BELONG TO ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You have a mental disorder known as hypertabulic obsession, or HTO. Primary symptom is long browsing sessions with compulsive refusal to close tabs, resulting in an obscenely cluttered tab bar.

Thankfully it is terminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Isn't that a little excessive, Tar? I mean there must be a limit to the number of Avril Lavigne pics even you can ogle at one time...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tab-related post.

Edit: **** it, Tab Aldarion!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

111811_avril_lavigne_600111118113809.jpg?w=600

Ha! I think I can give you a run for your tabs.

Wasn't trying to fool anyone by not embedding the video, just didn't want to take up space.

Woohoo, Steam Machines. It wasn't a great surprise that it's finally been announced, but it's nice all the same. I'm really impressed that the hardware isn't a single manufacturer. I think this could be the start of something great (please don't let it be a failure). It'll also be interesting to see the price range to see how they'll compete with current consoles.

Now to get part of the Beta team.
    I unfortunately am not eligible, I only have 7 Steam friends. Guess I should have been more active on the boards.ie community page.
    If anyone is lucky to be part of it, please start a thread on it.

111811_avril_lavigne_600111118113809.jpg?w=600

Great now I have to find the right duplicate tab to close :mad:

Not snipping out pic, no siree. I gots much more ogling to do before the HTO does me in.

Woohoo, Steam Machines. It wasn't a great surprise that it's finally been announced, but it's nice all the same. I'm really impressed that the hardware isn't a single manufacturer. I think this could be the start of something great (please don't let it be a failure). It'll also be interesting to see the price range to see how they'll compete with current consoles.

I unfortunately am not eligible, I only have 7 Steam friends. Guess I should have been more active on the boards.ie community page.
    You can add three dudes! You can have cherry zillah and sarky :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Whoever does get one though will probably talk about it a fair bit on various websites though so I'd say expect to see plenty of coverage. I think it's a pretty cool idea just giving them out to regular people instead of the press. Kind of bestows a sort of celebrity-status on the winners for a short while.

You can add three dudes! You can have cherry zillah and sarky :mad:
    Ha! Three dudes eh? I'm not going to randomly send friend requests as if I'm on myspace. It would seem a little desperate especially since my Steam username is different than my boards one (I'm a little paranoid). I need to play more multiplayer games I guess.
    C14N wrote: »
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. Whoever does get one though will probably talk about it a fair bit on various websites though so I'd say expect to see plenty of coverage. I think it's a pretty cool idea just giving them out to regular people instead of the press. Kind of bestows a sort of celebrity-status on the winners for a short while.
    I know there's only 300 but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there was a jammy boards member who was accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Absolutely
    ^ How are people still fooled by Phishing sites at this day and age ? There's so many methods out there to tell you as such! :o

MadYaker - suggest you change your password ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭28064212

BeerWolf wrote: »
    ^ How are people still fooled by Phishing sites at this day and age ? There's so many methods out there to tell you as such! :o

MadYaker - suggest you change your password ASAP.
    It's not a phishing site, all links off it go to the actual steam site (including the login page). It's solely a site set up for the joke

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement