Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED lighting General discussion, read here before posting a question.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 primeled

paddy147 wrote: »
    More like what price are you selling them for??

Also brand name and specs too??

Come on like.....Its rather obvious you know.;)

of course, it is not Philips type.

Prices vary deponds on the requests, like USA Cree, Janpan Sharp, or Taiwan's.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ok guys there is some potential sales talk going on here. This thread is the source of 99% of the forum bans I generate.
    If you want to talk about LEDs please do. If you want to pretend that you have a question, and then answer it yourself so that you can invite pms to sell your goods please don't post here.

Regards

Stoner.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OK if you post here with a name like

MR.LED.
    MISS.LED
    Buy.LED
    Value.LED.
    optimus.prime.LED

Or anything with LED in the name it's going to be removed and bans will be put in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ledbulb

So. i have to change my account name to post anything in this section?

ledbulb wrote: »
    So. i have to change my account name to post anything in this section?

I have also received your PM. let me know how you want to communicate from here on in and we will take it from there.

But please read the post I had placed on 26-07-2012. Then compare it to the post you place today. Your post waved a flag.

"there is some potential sales talk going on here...........
    If you want to pretend that you have a question, and then answer it yourself so that you can invite pms to sell your goods please don't post here."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

Some pics of the Greenlamp LED B22 and E27 bulbs in the main bedroom ceiling light,and also in the bedside table lamps.

Very nice light off them and perfect for a bedroom.:)

Main ceiling light is only 6 watt,and the 2 bedside table lamps are 3 watt each.

Paddy, how much are the Greenlamp LED B22 and E27 bulbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

Stoner: I'm posting this here even though most of the discussion here seems to be on internal LEDs. Hope this is ok

Has anybody any suggestions for replacing outdoor (PIR) halogen floodlights (300W and 500W) with the equivalent with LEDs? Somebody posted about a PIR LED floodlight in either the HomeSecurity or here but I cannot find the post. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

PMC999 wrote: »
    Paddy, how much are the Greenlamp LED B22 and E27 bulbs?

A tenner each....thats what they cost me anyway.:)

PS-before anyone even tries to say that Im selling stuff,have a look at my post history 1st,then you will see that Im just a normal "joe soap fella" who tries to help out.:)

Sure Im not even an electrician and dont sell light bulbs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

A tenner each....thats what they cost me anyway.:)

PS-before anyone even tries to say that Im selling stuff,have a look at my post history 1st,then you will see that Im just a normal "joe soap fella" who tries to help out.:)

Thanks Paddy. Do you know if Eurosales stock them?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭DPM1

I have 2 lamp bulb holders in my hall each of which holds 3 25watt E14 small screw cap bulbs each ie a total of 6 25 watt bulbs. I was just wondering if there is an led equivelant for this type of bulb as most of whats mentioned on this thread refers to the GU10 type or perhaps i would be better upgrading to the GU10 type bulb and replace with the Philips Master that has received such positive feedback on here?

Also Eurosales in Dublin has been mentioned as the best place to get the Philips master when replacing the GU10's, is this still the case or is there any place down south near Cork that does these at the reduced price? The local retailer i checked charges something like €18 i think for them so there is a big price difference when purchasing them in numbers.

• Advertisement

PMC999 wrote: »
    Thanks Paddy. Do you know if Eurosales stock them?

They didnt before in the past,but maybe they might do now....I dont know.

I got them in N&D Electrical Wholesalers,and also TEG in Santry sell them too.

will you let me know their prices please?

DPM1 wrote: »
    I have 2 lamp bulb holders in my hall each of which holds 3 25watt E14 small screw cap bulbs each ie a total of 6 25 watt bulbs. I was just wondering if there is an led equivelant for this type of bulb as most of whats mentioned on this thread refers to the GU10 type or perhaps i would be better upgrading to the GU10 type bulb and replace with the Philips Master that has received such positive feedback on here?

Also Eurosales in Dublin has been mentioned as the best place to get the Philips master when replacing the GU10's, is this still the case or is there any place down south near Cork that does these at the reduced price? The local retailer i checked charges something like €18 i think for them so there is a big price difference when purchasing them in numbers.

There is an LED option for most connection types. However the GU10 lamps are the best value, it would IMHO be less expensive to change the whole fitting., you could get a fitting and GU10 lamp for 15 euro each.
    However I doubt that you will get a decent E14 for less than that. You might pick something up/be lucky but I'd just change the fittings.

Thanks Stoner

I have since ordered 10 Philips Master GU10's from Eurosales so i have 4 spare that i will use for the hall. I will just need to buy the fitting now and get the work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

don't forget "master fish wrangler" ;):p

Thanks Stoner

I have since ordered 10 Philips Master GU10's from Eurosales so i have 4 spare that i will use for the hall. I will just need to buy the fitting now and get the work done.

why not take out one of the old fittings and bring it to a wholesaler and match up the fitting so that you dont have to mess with holesaws etc.

Thanks for the tip but i would like to get the recessed lighting in the hall, if for nothing else just to have more height / clearance. What’s there at the moment hangs down well over 12 inches.

Thanks for the tip but i would like to get the recessed lighting in the hall, if for nothing else just to have more height / clearance. What’s there at the moment hangs down well over 12 inches.

grand so, I thought you had those old recessed down lighters, sorry.

Philips Master 4W Dimmable 165lm!!! thats interesting light on why it is so popular on this forum,guys technology goes forward, on the market is much more more efficient lamps Use a google. I don't say is bad only you can find much better ones. And 166lm sound a bit unattractive at this times.

Philips Master 4W Dimmable 165lm!!! thats interesting light on why it is so popular on this forum,guys technology goes forward, on the market is much more more efficient lamps Use a google. I don't say is bad only you can find much better ones. And 166lm sound a bit unattractive at this times.

I presume that you will try to promote and sell us something here now???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Something like this? (4w).

IMG_0158.jpg

freddyuk wrote: »

Something like this? (4w).

IMG_0158.jpg

This 4W led lulb is not a good chice i have some experience with them they are good for

lamp beside your bed but not for your situation

No, just like to say that there are better lamps than this a bit old model thats all. Philips is a big company with big budget for advertisment butt we all agree that all of philips products tv,HIFI , and rest are not the best on market but rather middle quality . And because they like to try keep they prices in low level they use a bit older technology in most of they products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

This 4W led lulb is not a good chice i have some experience with them they are good for

lamp beside your bed but not for your situation

Have you actually tested one of these? The lumen output is 140-150lm so virtually the same as a 25 watt incandescent. The fact is clear or frosted will affect this reading for either type. For hallway lighting they are absolutely perfect as I have an unlit hallway with two wallights each with 2 bulbs. It is perfectly adequate. 4 x 4w bulbs equates to well over 1x 100 watt incandescent so if you have 6 then it is going to be bright. If you use clear not frosted then you will get the maximum lumen output.
    If you want bedside lamps then 2 or 3 watt are more suitable unless you want reading light where a small directional LED lamp is a great option and will not upset your sleeping partner as will a fully bright incandescent lamp.

No, just like to say that there are better lamps than this a bit old model thats all. Philips is a big company with big budget for advertisment butt we all agree that all of philips products tv,HIFI , and rest are not the best on market but rather middle quality . And because they like to try keep they prices in low level they use a bit older technology in most of they products.

Point taken not necessarily agreed with. When it comes to spending €10 euro on something that it expected to last 15 years we do need to go for tried and tested. We have constantly seen this with lamps that are quoted as lasting for 15 years that they last only 1 year or less. or degrade.
    so we want something that will reduce running costs and recapture the capital cost of changing the lamps in your house within a reasonable time, this could be €250 for many people so we want tried and tested technology.

Stoner wrote: »

Point taken not necessarily agreed with. When it comes to spending €10 euro on something that it expected to last 15 years we do need to go for tried and tested. We have constantly seen this with lamps that are quoted as lasting for 15 years that they last only 1 year or less. or degrade.
    so we want something that will reduce running costs and recapture the capital cost of changing the lamps in your house within a reasonable time, this could be €250 for many people so we want tried and tested technology.
    They are differente ways to test led bulbs you dont need to use old technology to be sure that the product will last for long .

Good luck with E14 led bulbs .:-)

my entire house is kitted out in them.

none of my lights give out poor light,have failed,or degraded

freddyuk wrote: »
    If you want bedside lamps then 2 or 3 watt are more suitable unless you want reading light where a small directional LED lamp is a great option and will not upset your sleeping partner as will a fully bright incandescent lamp.

3 watt in my bedside table lamps.

Lovely light quality from them

• Advertisement

Greenlamp make a 3watt and also a 2watt "E14" LED bulb.

Heres a picture of the 3 watt (in B22 fitment).I have these in all my bedrooms and also on my landing,and Im very happy with them.

Also heres the 2 watt version and specs.

Hope this helps out the person who is looking for an E14 LED bulb.:)

Advertisement