Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy rain and strong winds Monday night -Wednesday night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Lots of hail earlier in Cork with about 4 or 5 flashes of thunder.
    Cleared now.
    Sleet doubtful I would think

Come on man flashes of thunder? Sleet is more likely that flashes of thunder!
    Sorry to be the annoying bollox checking grammar but thats a classic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

unbelieveable heavy rain and strong wind here .. serious shower of hail in the middle of it.. most of the yard was actually covered in white slush.. couldn believe it.. heaviest hail ive seen in years..

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Crazy weather here too in NW Cork

Hail, thunder, lightning.. it's passed now.. :eek:

WEB_radar2_201111302130.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Some great reports ..hope this front makes its east..wind is gusted ,,sky clear at the moment..few flashes of thunder would be awesome.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Another (better) SIGMET has been issued for Irish airspace:

EISN SIGMET 09 VALID 302120/010030 EINN- EISN SHANNON FIR/UIR EMBD TS LAN E OF W00800 N OF N5100 TOP FL350 MOV E AT 30KT NC=

"Valid 2120 - 0030.
    Embedded thunderstorms over land, east of W08, north of N51, tops 35,000 feet, moving east at 30 knots, not changing in intensity"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wind really picking up here in Naas now , Recent gust of 50 kmh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Su Campu wrote: »
    Another (better) SIGMET has been issued for Irish airspace:

EISN SIGMET 09 VALID 302120/010030 EINN- EISN SHANNON FIR/UIR EMBD TS LAN E OF W00800 N OF N5100 TOP FL350 MOV E AT 30KT NC=

"Valid 2120 - 0030.
    Embedded thunderstorms over land, east of W08, north of N51, tops 35,000 feet, moving east at 30 knots, not changing in intensity"

:D

Hmmm, yes I see, very good
    I havnt a clue what that means, maybe some boom booms and flashes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Wind has been blowing all evening in Lucan and it would appear the rain has just recommenced. I can hear it hammering against the front of the house.
    Great evening to be indoors!
    This wind is really going to test my handiwork replacing the felt roof on the garden shed last week. Fingers crossed :o

Heroditas wrote: »
    Wind has been blowing all evening in Lucan and it would appear the rain has just recommenced. I can hear it hammering against the front of the house.
    Great evening to be indoors!
    This wind is really going to test my handiwork replacing the felt roof on the garden shed last week. Fingers crossed :o

yeah things are getting going here in Lucan :) bring it LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Torrential rain and very strong gusts in Tramore in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Clear skies in Cork now. Well over Douglas anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Latest radar:

183274.PNG

No new strikes being picked up thus far but with that squall coming up against the Wicklow hills they may act as a trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Really starting to come down here in North Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Main squall passing over the past 15 minutes or so.....some hail mixed in too

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭weathermaiden

Wind picking up here in Bray now, can hear it roaring in the chimney. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

highdef wrote: »
    Main squall passing over the past 15 minutes or so.....some hail mixed in too

Oh wow, it's just hit Lucan this very second! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Blowing a gale here in Lucan !!!! Lashing rain as well.

Great night to be curled up on the couch !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Lashing here in D3, heavy rain, its the beginning of it so.

Radar of east coast at 10pm:

183284.PNG

small area of 32mm/ph + showing up (greeny white blob). Not very often you see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Editing the video at the moment so I can post it up. No fork lightning or cg, all up in the clouds. Here's a before and during screen shot.

Before1.jpg
    During.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭weathermaiden

Rain still nothing special here in Bray yet. Winds picking up but rain still light enough.

Ah, here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Gusts of up to 64km/h here in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mayfly757

very heavy rain and gusting 40 kts qnh here at malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy Rain/Hail shower-Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Radar of east coast at 10pm:

183284.PNG

small area of 32mm/ph + showing up (greeny white blob). Not very often you see that!

I'm right under where that white blob was at 10pm...well actually just a few kms due north from that but looking at netweather radar zoomed in, I was under smaller white area that doesn't show up in your zoomed out snapshot. Was very heavy with some hail and rain is still moderately heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Power cut here since the lightning earlier, just came back on.
    Got a strong shock off my laptop just as there was a strike that seemed to be directly overhead (that is some amount of power :eek:), I'm guessing it must have been static (anybody?), I felt I was actually part of the weather when that happened.
    We get thunder/lightning so rarely that was a really good buzz. :)

highdef wrote: »
    I'm right under where that white blob was at 10pm...well actually just a few kms due north from that but looking at netweather radar zoomed in, I was under smaller white area that doesn't show up in your zoomed out snapshot. Was very heavy with some hail and rain is still moderately heavy

Yep, you can just make out a smaller area of white alright around where you are. Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The rain is horizontal out my window, holy ****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Power out NW Finglas. 3% on phone. Bum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    oh t.v cut out. that's a first :eek:

and the rest of the electricity followed, along with a rumble of thunder :D very happy, no power for a hour, not so happy.

Advertisement