Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I was tempted too but there seems to only be size 6.5 left :-(

Oh well, that's that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

pconn062 wrote: »
    I'm intrigued! I can't really tell from the website if they are a daily trainer or a racer? I'm in the market for new shoes and at €64 I am tempted. Typically I train in the Pegasus as my daily trainer but they've gotten very expensive. Don't want anything too ligh for my daily running.

They'll be back, sign up to their website, regular 20 - 40% promos.
    These shoes are a little unique from the pov that the midsole material they use is very light allowing for a decent amount of cushion and feels like so much more shoe than it's 200 grams or so. The material on the sole is the most durable I've ever seen, 600 miles looks almost unused, I ran about 24% of my miles in them last year.

500907.jpg

Might get a pair for 80€ or so here, think StartFitness give 10% off if you sign up to their newsletter.
    https://www.startfitness.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?gender=98&q=Floatride+Run+Fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    A hidden gem, on my 2nd pair and 2 more in the stash, can be picked up for c. €60's from time to time.
    I find it difficult to consider wearing other runners and nearly have to force myself to.

Ordered a pair, just waiting for them to arrive! Wanted a light pair of runners, more for my sessions and had ordered the Nike react flyknit but wasn't really sure so sent them back & ordered these instead! A great price too, hopefully they do the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Ordered a pair, just waiting for them to arrive! Wanted a light pair of runners, more for my sessions and had ordered the Nike react flyknit but wasn't really sure so sent them back & ordered these instead! A great price too, hopefully they do the job :)

They are great shoes, light and enough cushioning, I use them for races for all distances up to Half Marathon.

I also found a good deal on a pair of skechers Go Run Ride 8's, I have not had a chance to tun in them but i have tried them on an walked around the house and they seem to fit really well. The reviews seem to say they are a great daily trainer like the Peg 36 which i have been using.
    Has anybody tried the Go Run Rides 8's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

BeepBeep67 wrote:
    They'll be back, sign up to their website, regular 20 - 40% promos. These shoes are a little unique from the pov that the midsole material they use is very light allowing for a decent amount of cushion and feels like so much more shoe than it's 200 grams or so. The material on the sole is the most durable I've ever seen, 600 miles looks almost unused, I ran about 24% of my miles in them last year.

What weight are you? The most durable shoes I've known are Adidas with the continental rubber outsoles but after 600 miles these Reeboks look ridiculous!

Bahanaman wrote: »
    What weight are you? The most durable shoes I've known are Adidas with the continental rubber outsoles but after 600 miles these Reeboks look ridiculous!

68ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

BeepBeep67 wrote:
    68ish

Jaysus... I've about 18 kg on you! There are a few versions of the Reebok shoes on mandm direct. Dunno if they are the ones people are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Floatride fast are really good. Nearly bought the Floatride Fast pro as was 50% off, just didn't have my size

Floatride fast are really good. Nearly bought the Floatride Fast pro as was 50% off, just didn't have my size

Waiting eagerly for them to arrive:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Waiting eagerly for them to arrive:eek:

Did you order the pro? :eek:

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Did you order the pro? :eek:

No i think i ordered the floatride run fast? Delivery due Thursday...hoping they arrive earlier:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Sub430 wrote: »
    NB Beacons.
    Small selection of sizes on Wiggle for <80
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/new-balance-fresh-foam-beacon

Got these recently, thought they were the old Beacon 1 but turned out to be the current V2. Most sizes out of stock now.

Tried them for tempo +hills and easy run. Surprisingly good at all paces. Think I may have a replacement for my Saucony Zealots that are approaching 1000 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Looks like the Vaporfly Next% is getting some competition from Brooks: https://www.runnersworld.com/gear/a30731582/brooks-hyperion-elite-running-shoe-first-look/

Seem to be fast shoes with a bit more space inside but a hard ride. Similar pricing to the VFN% and only good for 100 miles or so (!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Anyone (Yes, BeepBeep, I'm talking 'bout you) ever wear these Altra Escalante shoes? I only came across the company the other day. Just ordered a pair reduced to 50 yoyos. Can use 'em for short runs or rec runs if they don't suit......

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    A hidden gem, on my 2nd pair and 2 more in the stash, can be picked up for c. €60's from time to time.
    I find it difficult to consider wearing other runners and nearly have to force myself to.

Have the Reebok Floatride run fast a few weeks now & i absolutely love them! I took them straight out of the box & went for a run & they just felt like i had them ages. Good room in the front, i find some other runners can be quite narrow. So light but so comfortable:) Would recommend these & will be purchasing again! Even better was the price i got them for:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

What’s the sizing like on the Floatride? I normally take 9.5 Saucony but size up to 10 with Nike or Adidas.

Murph_D wrote: »
    What’s the sizing like on the Floatride? I normally take 9.5 Saucony but size up to 10 with Nike or Adidas.

I got a 5 (which is what i wear) in the floatride & they fit perfectly, I usually size up in Asics at least half a size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anybody got a recommendation for a lightweight support running shoe, I’ve been wearing Saucony iso guide for the last year or so (on pair 4, the new version) but I’d like to try something else as well, I used to wear kayano but they feel heavy now having worn the others,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Anybody got a recommendation for a lightweight support running shoe, I’ve been wearing Saucony iso guide for the last year or so (on pair 4, the new version) but I’d like to try something else as well, I used to wear kayano but they feel heavy now having worn the others,

I use Brooks Ravenna 10 for all of my faster sessions, on my 2nd pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Murph_D wrote: »

I'm usually a 9, think I could have gotten away with an 8.5 in the Floatride. The 9 feels a bit big walking around but fine once I start running. It's a great shoe. I have 500k on mine and they look good for another 500k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

For anyone who wears Brooks Ravennas, the 10's have been reduced in Elverys to €78, down from €130. Just bought a pair as my other ones were ready for retiring. :)

Limited sizes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

coogy wrote: »
    For anyone who wears Brooks Ravennas, the 10's have been reduced in Elverys to €78, down from €130. Just bought a pair as my other ones were ready for retiring. :)

Limited sizes available.

Unfortunately Brooks have decided that us Europeans dont have wide feet so only offer the Ravenna in standard width and of course muggins here needs the 2E fitting so have to depend on people visiting the good old USA.

Unfortunately Brooks have decided that us Europeans dont have wide feet so only offer the Ravenna in standard width and of course muggins here needs the 2E fitting so have to depend on people visiting the good old USA.

Do you not find the normal width in Brooks a lot wider than others? I find Nike very narrow but love brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Do you not find the normal width in Brooks a lot wider than others? I find Nike very narrow but love brooks.

I wear Adrenalines and have no problem with the width but the Ravenna was just a bit tight for my arthritic big toe joints. Got the 2E fitting from the states and love them for tempo/short races.

I wear Adrenalines and have no problem with the width but the Ravenna was just a bit tight for my arthritic big toe joints. Got the 2E fitting from the states and love them for tempo/short races.

Ah ok. You should try the launch. The asteria is a nice runner for tempos and hyperions are fast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

Altra runners showed up today.

503698.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

opus wrote: »
    Altra runners showed up today.

503698.jpg

Expecting mine tomorrow. 61 yoyos all told. I saw them in the Rebel City last week in a shop for about 130/140! Strangely wide toe box......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ah ok. You should try the launch. The asteria is a nice runner for tempos and hyperions are fast

Is there much cushioning in those two? The brooks glycerin are very well cushioned and great for saving the legs when putting in lots of miles. But they are probably a little heavy for racing especially if wet as the upper would absorb a lot of water.

Would a pair of those make much difference in a race?

Advertisement