Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

Itziger wrote: »
    Expecting mine tomorrow. 61 yoyos all told. I saw them in the Rebel City last week in a shop for about 130/140! Strangely wide toe box......

Just checked one of the Cork sports shops, €123 here although that might be for the v2 rather than the v1.5. Fairly sure I paid over a 100 yankee $'s on a visit to the US a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Is there much cushioning in those two? The brooks glycerin are very well cushioned and great for saving the legs when putting in lots of miles. But they are probably a little heavy for racing especially if wet as the upper would absorb a lot of water.

Would a pair of those make much difference in a race?

Hyperion wouldn't have much if any cushioning, its a good 5k/10k runner with no support.

Asteria has some decent cushioning, its a racing shoe mainly and good tempo shoe.

Launch has good cushioning, lighter than glycerin and good for racing in the marathon.

Runrepeat.com gives reviews on all runners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Currently im wearing asics gel nimbus 21 that i picked up is a sale - however they are the winterise version and look a bit somber in colour for spring summer - any suggestions for another pair of asics which would be similar to the nimbus but not as expensive
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Looks like there are few pairs of the Vaporfly 4% available on the Nike site, Not sure if they are still worth it at €200, Compared to waiting for the restock of the next%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

boydkev wrote: »
    Looks like there are few pairs of the Vaporfly 4% available on the Nike site, Not sure if they are still worth it at €200, Compared to waiting for the restock of the next%.
    Would be surprised if they restocked the next% with the Alphafly's being released.

Although theyd be mad not to.

• Advertisement

Brooks hyperion elite available on their irish website for 250

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Brooks hyperion elite available on their irish website for 250

It says on the website

"the Hyperion Elite will last 80-160 kilometers"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

It says on the website

And not very complementary reviews.
    Linden already used the Hyperion Elite 2 in the US Marathon Trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It says on the website

That's mental...each mile will cost you €2.50!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Disappointing - I was actually thinking of taking the plunge. I'm waiting to see what the Saucony version is like. Wasn't there supposed to be a Brooks Hyperion Tempo too? What happened to that?

• Advertisement

Sacksian wrote: »
    Disappointing - I was actually thinking of taking the plunge. I'm waiting to see what the Saucony version is like. Wasn't there supposed to be a Brooks Hyperion Tempo too? What happened to that?

Available in the US, better reviews, but more of quick all-rounder.
    Saucony getting positive reviews, not due until July I think, pity Jared bombed in them.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

She won Boston in them.
    Reviews aren't great, hard and no bounce

She won Boston in them.
    Reviews aren't great, hard and no bounce

And Asics won the men's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

And Asics won the men's :pac:
    What Asics model was it ? Thank you

kooga wrote: »
    What Asics model was it ? Thank you

Prototype Sortie Magic, not sure if available outside of Japan

Hyperion tempo look good. Using the asteria at the moment for tempos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Hi guys, looking for a pair of structured runners in around the €70-90 mark

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

Apologies if this has been addressed, but does anyone have experience of Nike Zoom Streak 7 for marathon distance? I'm currently wearing Adidas Adios Boost 3 for everything from 5km to marathon, plus all manner of training, but considering something different...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

justdoit wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been addressed, but does anyone have experience of Nike Zoom Streak 7 for marathon distance? I'm currently wearing Adidas Adios Boost 3 for everything from 5km to marathon, plus all manner of training, but considering something different...

Haven't worn the 7's but by all accounts the ride is almost identical to the 6 which I've worn from 5k up to Marathon distance a couple of times. Found it a far more comfortable shoe than the Adios Boost, and this really proved the case over 26 miles. It does fit small though. I'm a 10 in every other Nike shoe I've worn apart from the streak where I was a 10.5. Would still throw them on for sessions and I've a pair going strong after 600+km.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Slideways

I tried them on yesterday in my local shop here in Aus. $400 hahaha

They have a wild mid foot rocker in them. I’ve not tried the 4%, my partner has a pair but they are too small, but I think I’d prefer the brooks. Not as squidgy. No way in hell I’d pay for them.

The bloke in the store (a gun runner in his own right) says the NB versions are out very soon and the Saucony shouldn’t be too far behind them for limited release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Slideways

506172.jpeg

Oops. Flash sale at runningwarehouse.com.au yesterday, 40% off store wide.
    Hoped in the car and drove to their physical store which is 10 mins from the house.

$240 which at yesterday’s exchange rate is €123

Did a quick tester yesterday. 1k warm up at 4:30, 1km at 3:40 and a little crown hunt on the way home during the cool down which is a short uphill section where I averaged 3:11

Found I needed to learn how to run fast in them. Requires a forward lean and quite a long stride. My Garmin metrics has my lowest ever vertical ratio at 6.6% for the fast km where I would normally be 9-10%
    Don’t think I’d do a mara in them but keen to try a 10k TT seeing as all races are cancelled

Think ill take a punt on these, some good reviews out there and for the price you cant go wrong.
    https://www.reebok.ie/forever-floatride-energy-2.0-shoes/EH3253.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Think ill take a punt on these, some good reviews out there and for the price you cant go wrong.

Cheers Damo, i was waiting for these to go back down, not the exact same as my last purchase but if they are as comfy i will be very happy!

Now where to hide another pair of runners:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Any reports on sizing Damo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

Went for a pair as well, never worn Reebok runners before so will be interesting to try them.

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Any reports on sizing Damo?

None mate, something I have been looking for myself as I have very weird sized feet... In NB I am 9.5, Nike I am 9, Adidas I am 10 and so on...

Might take a shot at a size 9.5 tbh.

None mate, something I have been looking for myself as I have very weird sized feet... In NB I am 9.5, Nike I am 9, Adidas I am 10 and so on...

Might take a shot at a size 9.5 tbh.

I just ordered by normal size....I'll return if I have to

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I just ordered by normal size....I'll return if I have to

Did ya get a colour that matches most of your outfits?? :D

Going to go with a 9.5 myself.

Did ya get a colour that matches most of your outfits?? :D

Going to go with a 9.5 myself.

Blue :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭ariana`

Cheers Damo, i was waiting for these to go back down, not the exact same as my last purchase but if they are as comfy i will be very happy!

Now where to hide another pair of runners:eek:

How did you find the sizing in your last pair? I wear a 6 in most shoes and Nike runners but 6.5 in other runners (Brooks, Addidas etc.).

Advertisement