Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

BeepBeep! wrote: »
    Haha! Thankfully I'm a bit of a mid/fore striker so didn't notice this but there is very little support in them. A 10 mile race this weekend will push them to their limits I think.

Being sensible as always, I took them for a 14 mile jaunt whilst on holiday in Lake Garda.... That was the night I did my John Wayne impression.... If my gait was as perfect as my guns I'd love them ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

RubyK wrote: »
    A new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 10's in a lovely aquis shade, have just arrived into the office for me, looking forward to breaking them in later :) Have been v impressed with the previous 8's and 9's so hope the 10's will be just as good.

I've been using these for the last few months and love them. They seem to have slightly less arch support than previous versions, but they are featherlight given the amount of strength they have in the sole. They are super comfortable.

They might not be as durable as my old pairs (like you I have had the 8's and 9's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Very much considering Saucony Type A6 as my next pair; http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/sau2255/saucony-type-a6-running-shoes/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Does anyone have any experience of the Brooks Pure Cadence shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Be grand
    12366841464_a7f9f403aa_o.jpg

Just to update re this great bit of photoshopping by Beepbeep.

I'd a bit of craic with the Irish based Brooks rep who sent this onto the UK under the guise of having authorised a Special Edition re-launch of the Green Silence for St. Patricks Day.

Well!! To say the apple cart was upset is an understatement :D

It was a good day of fun and a fair bit of chatter on Twitter about it.

Well done BB and love your work!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Warning - may need sunglasses!

Have had a few spins in these this week, I find them pretty comfortable, nice and roomy around the toebox (not too dissimilar to the Road X255) and pretty responsive on a steady run last night.

1978867_10202675944094088_1200348169_n.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I got my new wave rider 17s from Hong Kong, really impressed with them. Have been wearing riders about 10 years now, combined with various other mizunos, nike and asics.

The last few years the riders have been varying quite a bit in fit and responsiveness, but have always found them reliable and combined with the wave precision as a lightweight trainer and race shoe I've been pretty happy. This was in spite of the rider having the cushioning of a lunarglide or nimbus, but the weight of the equivalent 'lightweight trainer' from nike or asics.

The 17 is a little weird, it appears to have the cushioning of the other riders or possibly very slightly less. It's weight though feels less than either the precision or the previous riders.

Possibly it is a one shoe for all purposes. Quite a step forward IMO. Since the precision is now discontinued the question for me now, is do I try the sayanora for quicker runs and the odd race or do I look to the enigma 4 when it comes out as the slower run shoe for aging bones and the rider is the new precision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

History : Brooks ravenna3>Brooks ravenna4>Mizuno wave inspire 9?>Brooks adrenaline GTS12>Brooks beast..

Brooks beast the latest arrival, will get the first run probably on tuesday. Adrenaline were/are nice, just didn't have my size on the day. Will probably look to get couple pairs again if price is right..

Are the adrenaline GTS12/13/14's all in the same segment do ye know??

martyboy48 wrote: »

Are the adrenaline GTS12/13/14's all in the same segment do ye know??

Yes they are.

That's a fairly mixed stable of footwear. Are they all working out for you? Quite a cross section of support from mild to motion control there.

Feedback on the GTS14 has been good. Adrenaline fans seem to like the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

AKW wrote: »
    Yes they are.

That's a fairly mixed stable of footwear. Are they all working out for you? Quite a cross section of support from mild to motion control there.

Feedback on the GTS14 has been good. Adrenaline fans seem to like the updates.

The ravennas are retired now but I liked them. Especially the 3. Still wear them around the house on relaxation days :D Inspire 9 I didn't really enjoy to much. I gave them a good go but just use them on shorter easy runs just to get some use out of them. I reckoned I was picking up little niggles and aches around my calf muscles and put the blame on the shoe. But being honest, it's probably just that they are a smidgen to tight.
    Adrenaline are going well for me so far. Really like them, just didn't have my size when I called in. Will probably go for another pair again.
    6 miles in the beast this evening. seems a bulkier shoe than adrenaline, but comfy. I'll see how they go but seem grand on first impressions..

Quick question on your gait analysis you might be able to help me with. Just curious like, I find the short run in the shop doesn't allow me to get into a natural, comfortable stride. Feels very 'artificial'.. Feel like I'd need 3-4 times the length.
    My question is that are ye getting enough info from these few steps or would ye get a more true to life picture if I were to say hop on a treadmill for maybe like 1 min??
    Maybe ye see enough, I just feel odd trying to run for 5 or 6 strides :D

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    My question is that are ye getting enough info from these few steps or would ye get a more true to life picture if I were to say hop on a treadmill for maybe like 1 min??

Treadmill is sprung so can skew the effect a little. Yeah agree with you re the strides, thought the same myself when first fitted but it is enough to see what your foot naturally tends to do, this is why barefoot. Most customers can see this when they look at the playback too.

But you are right, it's also why we encourage people to try them out give them a run at home, any issues, call etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Got the new cloud from ON.

Good review below and hope to do one of my own in the next few weeks.
    Problem with this shoe is I want to do mileage and speed work in them so will have to get a second pair.

http://www.menshealth.com.sg/mh-runners/running-shoe-review-cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

perfect for the shopping marathon your gal has planned for you

Really??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

wrstan wrote: »
    Really??? :rolleyes:

you need a $179 pair of runners for shopping, didn't you know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

PaulieC wrote: »
    you need a $179 pair of runners for shopping, didn't you know ?

Lightweight and fast - so you can get away quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Lightweight and fast - so you can get away quickly

and you might as well as you'll have no cash left after dropping that much on the Clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

PaulieC wrote: »
    and you might as well as you'll have no cash left after dropping that much on the Clouds

That's in Singapore Dollars I believe based off the url given.
    If so, you're looking at ~€100.

Oh, and Singapore has lots of big shopping centres, so you would probably need a very comfy pair of shoes if you got dragged around them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Nike Air icarus and a pair of customised Nike air Pegasus Screenshot_2014-02-03-21-45-16.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

I'm in the market for a pair of lightweight training/racing shoes. My feet can't take much punishment on concrete so I need a bit of cushioning.
    Was thinking Saucony Kinvara, Adidas Adios 2 or maybe Skechers Go Run 2/3...?

Anyone got any experience of New Balance MRC1600? They seem to be just what I am looking for at the moment..Light, fast and cushioned enough for longer distances if you so wished.

http://runblogger.com/2012/11/new-balance-mrc1600-racing-flat-review.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I would say 1400 would be a better option as 1600 for most wouldn't get above a 10miler

I would say 1400 would be a better option as 1600 for most wouldn't get above a 10miler

Yep after reviewing my choices I have narrowed it down to NB 1400v2's or Saucony Kinvara 4's.........

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

Normally run in Kinvara 3s and just picked up adios boost. 10mm but don't notice it and they were very nice on a 20miler with 12at marathon pace. These could replace my Kinvara from race day.

Normally run in Kinvara 3s and just picked up adios boost. 10mm but don't notice it and they were very nice on a 20miler with 12at marathon pace. These could replace my Kinvara from race day.

Could be a good call...damn expensive though!

Cona wrote: »
    Could be a good call...damn expensive though!

Yes, I got the orange ones but I have heard somebody got the black ones for £55 from somewhere.

at £55 it would be a done deal i think...

Cona wrote: »
    at £55 it would be a done deal i think...

I can't find them at that price but sweatshop have adios 2 for a good price and they deliver to Ireland, at a cost.

They are a tad narrower than the boost but still a great shoe I have heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I've always had a problem with Adidas, purely because their shoes are so narrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Now - Saucony Kinvaras. Next - Saucony Kinvaras. Next to next - I'm guessing Saucony Kinvaras. Having attempted to clear out my shoes and realising I have a problem (see attached) I'm thinking my running shoe choice is unlikely to change anytime soon. These bad boys keep me happy from 1mile to 50k! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

claralara wrote: »
    Now - Saucony Kinvaras. Next - Saucony Kinvaras. Next to next - I'm guessing Saucony Kinvaras. Having attempted to clear out my shoes and realising I have a problem (see attached) I'm thinking my running shoe choice is unlikely to change anytime soon. These bad boys keep me happy from 1mile to 50k! :)

Lol was going through mine yesterday and I look at the soles ''well they're not too worn away yet I'll keep them''

reluctantly parted with one pair of fastwitch 3, one pair of fastwitch 4 and one pair of nike lunarglides(1's) yes that is how long I've been holding onto all these shoes!!!

Advertisement