Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I've finally found a shoe I love :D
    They are the Puma Faas 400's, got them in the sales in TK Maxx a few months ago for €50.
    902159588_640.jpg
    They fit my foot perfectly, nice and light (210g), yet a nice amount of cushioning, 8mm drop; what's not to like?

Unfortunately the b******ds discontinued them just as I found them :(.

Luckily I have been able to pick up a good few discounted pairs from various websites so I am currently rotating 6 pairs in various colours :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Interesting post BeepBeep67...

I put my name down for a pair of Pure Drift with the Brooks 1-week free trial next month with Amphibian King - see AK or brooks uk website for details on how to sign up.
    They're a similar drop to the Connect but a lighter shoe.
    Was down at lunch getting a pair of spikes so tried them on (albeit a 1/2 size too big) to see what they're like. Felt different to the Inov8s, but willing to give them a weeks try-out and see how they stack up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Interesting post BeepBeep67...

I put my name down for a pair of Pure Drift with the Brooks 1-week free trial next month with Amphibian King - see AK or brooks uk website for details on how to sign up.
    They're a similar drop to the Connect but a lighter shoe.
    Was down at lunch getting a pair of spikes so tried them on (albeit a 1/2 size too big) to see what they're like. Felt different to the Inov8s, but willing to give them a weeks try-out and see how they stack up.

I'm down for the trial also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

If ye ever want to order shoes from the US but don't have a US delivery address, let me know and we can work it out probably, then i can get them safely to ye on the other side. Have done it for boardsies before, just an open offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

Wow that's a really nice offer. How would it work. Deliver to your house in States and then post to Eire?

Training for Paris Marathon at the mo.

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    If ye ever want to order shoes from the US but don't have a US delivery address, let me know and we can work it out probably, then i can get them safely to ye on the other side. Have done it for boardsies before, just an open offer.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I am in the States most of the year round. no guarantees on customs charges though but even with that on top of what i pay for shipping to Ireland, you end up on top.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

:)

1016181_10152279845066833_804538550_n.jpg

1525772_10152279845161833_2074205424_n.jpg

1521819_10152264683846833_891331399_n.jpg

Are the middle pair Minimus 00? Have a blue/turquoise pair myself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Rewarded myself with a new pair of pegasus 29, arrived today, by far one of the best shoes I've run in. €70 from sports direct, got the kids some gear as well, P&P was £5
    http://runningreviews92.blogspot.ie/2012/11/nike-air-pegasus-29-review.html

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Waiting to get paid to buy a new pair. Debating between another pair of Asics 2000's, going back to the Kayano because Wiggle has a good price on last year's model, or switching to the Brooks Adrenaline or a Mizuno shoe. Decision time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Saucony Triumphs for me Current on 10's will progress to 11's shortly - Lovely shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

In case anyone is interested, there is a decent range of sizes (6 to 10.5) in the Green Silence available here for 32 of your sterlings (plus P&P).

What's the catch ? They are the Union Jack variant. It's a toughie, but I think my love for the GS overcomes all borders and nationalities :D

PaulieC wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested, there is a decent range of sizes (6 to 10.5) in the Green Silence available here for 32 of your sterlings (plus P&P).

What's the catch ? They are the Union Jack variant. It's a toughie, but I think my love for the GS overcomes all borders and nationalities :D

shocking colour scheme alright. would rule out running in certain parts.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just run through a mucky field a couple of times in them and they would be grand :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If you are wearing them in Donadea you can run by yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

If I wore them up at home, I'd probably be shot before I got out of the village. I'd prefer to cut off half of my foot and wear the size 4s that can be picked up on sportshoes.com

oooh such hatred. I suppose 800 years and all that blah blah. I ordered a pair just now, but since I have just opened a pair that I bought last march, I expect that it will be a while before the UJ GS even get out of the box. By which time it will be approximately 801 years and maybe people will have forgotten :D

00415313_main_e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Currently running 50 50 between kinvara3 and nb minimus rd zero. The kinvaras are nearly bet so Im probably going to go with nb minimus trail 10 v2 for my runs over 10 miles. Would go with the nb road but feel I need the extra traction of the trail runner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Are the middle pair Minimus 00? Have a blue/turquoise pair myself. :)

Yep, my second pair of zeros. Love them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My Mizuno Precisions have close to 600 miles on them so it's time to start looking for a replacement. I have a pair of Sayonara and have found them to be a very good substitute, but can't find them in my size (10) for a reasonable price. Anyone suggest an alternative neutral cushioned shoe for high mileage or can point me in the direction of a Sayonara in a uk 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

00415313_main_e.jpg

I'll get Anto to organise a finishers sash for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

You could try and dye them a different colour, the material used in the GS ideal for that.......

My Mizuno Precisions have close to 600 miles on them so it's time to start looking for a replacement. I have a pair of Sayonara and have found them to be a very good substitute, but can't find them in my size (10) for a reasonable price. Anyone suggest an alternative neutral cushioned shoe for high mileage or can point me in the direction of a Sayonara in a uk 10?

I've a pair of ST5's still in the box if you want to take them on a test drive?
    Planning on using them in VLM, so hopefully some of your speed rubs off :p

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I've a pair of ST5's still in the box if you want to take them on a test drive?
    Planning on using them in VLM, so hopefully some of your speed rubs off :p
    Cheers, but I never really got on with Brooks. Must give 'em another shot at some stage. Solved my problem anyway. I widened my net beyond the obvious choices and found some Sayonaras for €70 delivered, from ebay.de.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Cheers, but I never really got on with Brooks. Must give 'em another shot at some stage. Solved my problem anyway. I widened my net beyond the obvious choices and found some Sayonaras for €70 delivered, from ebay.de.

Can you link to seller if they have wave rider 17? Was just about to get them from same Korean seller I used before.

copacetic wrote: »
    Can you link to seller if they have wave rider 17? Was just about to get them from same Korean seller I used before.
    They do, but they're not cheap. 122 euro + 16 delivery. Here's their direct site.

They do, but they're not cheap. 122 euro + 16 delivery. Here's their direct site.

3 x ST5's for that price ;)

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    3 x ST5's for that price ;)
    That is cheap. Theoretically going through shoes in a little over a month these days, so have to be economical.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Started buying these instead of muzuno wave nirvana, a saving of over 60 euro a pair. So far so good!

Advertisement