Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Just looking for some opinions. Have ran was Asics DS trainers for last 4 years. Each year getting the new updates.

On my second pair of the 2013 runner and they feel like a dud. Knee has been sore recently, changed into ds racer and knee feels much better.

Is it common to outgrow a shoe as you progress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Got me a new pair of New Balance 1080 v4 last week.First run was 16miles and felt spot on,only strange thing is im a uk 11 from uk 10 in every other brand.

My Mizuno Precisions have close to 600 miles on them so it's time to start looking for a replacement. I have a pair of Sayonara and have found them to be a very good substitute, but can't find them in my size (10) for a reasonable price. Anyone suggest an alternative neutral cushioned shoe for high mileage or can point me in the direction of a Sayonara in a uk 10?

I have a pair of Sayonara uk 10 worn about 4-5 times for a very good price of €0.00
    Just drop down to the shop and pick them up ;)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Started buying these instead of muzuno wave nirvana, a saving of over 60 euro a pair. So far so good!

Old Omni or Guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I have a pair of Sayonara uk 10 worn about 4-5 times for a very good price of €0.00
    Just drop down to the shop and pick them up ;)

Said the spider to the fly. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Old Omni or Guide?

Saucony ProGrid Guide 4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Arrived at the weekend, not as rich in colour as the photos would make them look.

12207082393_f726251f75_z.jpg

They are put away under the bed in their box until they are required. Just opened a new pair last week that I bought this time last year and I'm still wearing the previous year's pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Is there a thumbs down button anywhere on Boards? Or a middle finger up? No offence PaulieC, but jaysus!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Just picked up my free pair of Brooks Pure Drift from Amphibian King Oranmore as part of the #TryItOn week long trial.
    Only problem is being currently injured, so minimal testing can be done bar walking around in them.

They are a blinding neon orange colour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

PaulieC wrote: »
    Arrived at the weekend, not as rich in colour as the photos would make them look.

12207082393_f726251f75_z.jpg

They are put away under the bed in their box until they are required. Just opened a new pair last week that I bought this time last year and I'm still wearing the previous year's pair.

Be grand
    12366841464_a7f9f403aa_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Be grand
    :D

good photo editing there!

Love 'em Beepbeep. I'd be able to run on da northside in those, not just Kingstown and surrounding areas like I'll have to. Or in the dead of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Just looking for some opinions. Have ran was Asics DS trainers for last 4 years. Each year getting the new updates.

On my second pair of the 2013 runner and they feel like a dud. Knee has been sore recently, changed into ds racer and knee feels much better.

Is it common to outgrow a shoe as you progress?

Been running in the DS trainers for the last 5 years after moving from the Nimbus..always a year behind though as its much cheaper...have my first pair of the 18's ordered online....No problems yet with the DS trainers touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Just picked up my free pair of Brooks Pure Drift from Amphibian King Oranmore as part of the #TryItOn week long trial.
    Only problem is being currently injured, so minimal testing can be done bar walking around in them.

They are a blinding neon orange colour!!!

Afraid I won't be purchasing these. On my 3rd 20 minute walk in them, I got a blister on my left heel.
    Looking at the shoe, there's a seam on the outside of the upper, but the cushioning is so light that it doesn't provide enough protection from the lump of the upper that's folded and sewn there.

Seems like a pretty basic mistake if you ask me, and I'll be providing them feedback on it if they want it.

Seems a pity, cos other than that, I like the look and feel of the shoe, and had been hoping to get a short run in them if given the all clear by the physio this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Afraid I won't be purchasing these. On my 3rd 20 minute walk in them, I got a blister on my left heel.
    Looking at the shoe, there's a seam on the outside of the upper, but the cushioning is so light that it doesn't provide enough protection from the lump of the upper that's folded and sewn there.

Seems like a pretty basic mistake if you ask me, and I'll be providing them feedback on it if they want it.

Seems a pity, cos other than that, I like the look and feel of the shoe, and had been hoping to get a short run in them if given the all clear by the physio this evening.

mmmm I'm due to pick a pair of these up for the trial soon - I'll give them a good try on in the shop 1st.

mmmm I'm due to pick a pair of these up for the trial soon - I'll give them a good try on in the shop 1st.

They arrived in today for you ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Speaking of brooks has anyone seen the pure project clothing anywhere in Ireland?

me too. On Friday I think. Bad week for them, coming after Donadea. Easy running I suppose

copacetic wrote: »
    Speaking of brooks has anyone seen the pure project clothing anywhere in Ireland?

Yep. I'm wearing some :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

AKW wrote: »
    Yep. I'm wearing some :D

Stocking the tees or anything else?

copacetic wrote: »
    Stocking the tees or anything else?

Looking more towards the Autumn range available July (ish). It's quite expensive gear but really nice quality for a good lifestyle / casual / training type of item.

I've the jacket & like it alot. Will keep you posted or if anything you want drop me a message and I'll happily check it out for you.

AKW, you got my hope up last night with your blog post on GS. I'd love a pair of those white and red (actually I believe the colour is tomato) ones, but there was only size 8.5. Gutted I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I am a big fan of Saucony Kinvaras, ran the DCM in a pair of Kinvara 3 and have a pair of Kinvara 4 now. Wanted to get another similar shoe to add to my rotation, so got Brooks Pureflow based on some online recommendation. Only done a few runs so far, but not sure about them at all. People were saying they were quite similar to Kinvara, but they seem to be quite a bit heavier. Basically I like a shoe that I barely notice when I'm running, and the Kinvara fits that perfectly.

Only done a couple runs in the Brooks though, so will be persevering.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I am a big fan of Saucony Kinvaras, ran the DCM in a pair of Kinvara 3 and have a pair of Kinvara 4 now. Wanted to get another similar shoe to add to my rotation, so got Brooks Pureflow based on some online recommendation. Only done a few runs so far, but not sure about them at all. People were saying they were quite similar to Kinvara, but they seem to be quite a bit heavier. Basically I like a shoe that I barely notice when I'm running, and the Kinvara fits that perfectly.

Only done a couple runs in the Brooks though, so will be persevering.

they are heavier, but not by much, and i like that, lot more structure to the sole, always found running in kinvaras if you even stood on a stone you felt every bit of it. i did all my training for, and ran a half in the kinvaras, but recently picked up a pair of pure flow and find them pretty similar to the kinvaras while addressing the biggest gripe i had, which was the sole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

A new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 10's in a lovely aquis shade, have just arrived into the office for me, looking forward to breaking them in later :) Have been v impressed with the previous 8's and 9's so hope the 10's will be just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

It was time to replace my holey and taped up Treksport but I couldn't find a cheap enough pair. Found the little more rugged Spyridon for $50.99. There is too much snow/ice on the ground in central IL still so think the extra protection will help, looking forward to giving them a go.

Vibram-Spyridon-DarkOlive.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

First race at the weekend in my Nike Zoom Streak LT 2. Great racing shoe, think I'm going to get on well with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

BeepBeep! wrote: »
    First race at the weekend in my Nike Zoom Streak LT 2. Great racing shoe, think I'm going to get on well with them!

I got a pair of the original version, felt v fast and light but they appeared to increase my pronation somewhat. CL said I was running like I just got off a horse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I got a pair of the original version, felt v fast and light but they appeared to increase my pronation somewhat. CL said I was running like I just got off a horse!

Haha! Thankfully I'm a bit of a mid/fore striker so didn't notice this but there is very little support in them. A 10 mile race this weekend will push them to their limits I think.

Advertisement