Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pub at Barker House [Mrs Robinson]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Funny! Wifey said last night that it looks like the set of a tv show. The lighting above adds to the impression.

damp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Serious?!

It looks like the set of Rising Damp.

Maybe they should've called it Miss Jones'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

I hope this pub continues the great service. I tried it Christmas Eve (A peroni of course, thanks cuddlycavies !!!)....
    the staff and atmosphere were absolutely brilliant. Nice mix of ages and I'll definetely be going back again...Really hope they succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Was in for a pint this evening and really like the new pub. Bags of atmosphere, and really good service. Was also very busy. Fair play to them. Hope it takes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just one item which needs tidying is the cigarette butts outside - no dedicated smoking area on the premises so I take it the staff are keeping an eye on the amount of butts being stubbed on the pavement immediately outside the door?!? If opening at 5 and closing at the usual hours, then it won't be much a problem if the it's tidied up after closing. Would prefer not to see an ash tray stuck on a wall - I'm not a fan of the stale ciggy smell walking past such ashtray/bins during the day.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Dropped in tonight for a few beer's. Have to say the atmosphere was brilliant, staff very friendly and helpfull and the place was packed. Its just what Greystones was missing. Will definitely be back, this is how a pub should be run. I would recommend everyone to drop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I hope to one day get a seat in the pub. Its a welcome change but think there needs to be a small rethink on the lay out - especially at the entrance. In fairness its not christmas week every week so I presume it wont always be that busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Noticed that too. Really like the place inside, however, couches armchairs and large dining tables take up valuable standing space.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

dr ro wrote: »
    Noticed that too. Really like the place inside, however, couches armchairs and large dining tables take up valuable standing space.

Take all that ambiance away, and you'll end up with The Burnaby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

darter wrote: »
    Take all that ambiance away, and you'll end up with The Burnaby!

Not necessarily. The layout and feel to the pub is nice - but I think they could do with less big armchairs around. Couches is one thing, but I have 3 problems with armchairs in pubs..

1) Purely personal, I don't like drinking my pint on an armchair, I can do that at home.

2) As noted, they take up too much space unless they're up against a wall, or in a corner.

3) You could get 3 or 4 low stools into the same area as one big armchair, thus encouraging conversation and interaction with your friends sitting on the couch on the other side of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jethropool

Mrs J and I made it in for a drink over christmas. Love the place, will definitely be back.

I'm a bit reluctant to ask this considering how much everyone, including myself, likes the new bar and don't want it to change, but does anyone know if the match is on there tonight or if they have a policy regarding broadcasting sporting events?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Im going to presume the televisions behind the bar are decorative only

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Im going to presume the televisions behind the bar are decorative only

2 of them were on the last time I was in.

What was on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

dr ro wrote: »
    What was on?
    Pool/Newcastle match was on Both tele's on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Had to laugh! Walked past the other place today. They've joined Facebook to get hip and happenin. Might ''Like'' their page just to tell them that I dont.
    Hope Mrs R's continues to thrive.
    A change of staff at the other place might happen, but I think the fish stinks from the head as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,005 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Plastik wrote: »
    Mrs. Robinson's!

actually it's just Mrs Robinson - it was really bugging me trying to figure out if there was an s at the end of the sign - There isn't apparently

http://www.mrsrobinson.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/MrsRobinsonBar

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Mrs Robinson, greystones, the graduate rochestown avenue. Is someone having a little fun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

actually it's just Mrs Robinson - it was really bugging me trying to figure out if there was an s at the end of the sign - There isn't apparently

http://www.mrsrobinson.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/MrsRobinsonBar

Was wondering about this last night, the receipts say Mrs. Robinsons I'm pretty sure. Its a bit of an odd name for a pub.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I see they have added many pictures to their Facebook page.

Looks nice, will have to drop down soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Gr1f

Yup, Just uploaded 2 sets:
    http://www.facebook.com/MrsRobinsonBar?sk=photos

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Does anyone know if they do cocktails in Mrs Robinson's??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

eleMental wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they do cocktails in Mrs Robinson's??

Why not drop in and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Loving this pub. Amazing that it took off the way it has. Great mix of clientele too. Service friendly and nice range of beers. That Blue Moon with the orange slice is interesting. Peroni is lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Why not drop in and ask?

i was asking for a friend from bray who was going there last night and asked me if i knew - i thought it was worth asking on here, thats all. but thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭airscotty

Whats the age limit? Some 24ish yr old mates were refussed entry!! I'll give it a month till the novelty wears off...I'm sure they be only delighted for the business:D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I was there last night. Loved the bar. Great atmosphere! Very friendly bar staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Ditto - was there on Saturday. The place was jammed, really good atmosphere, really friendly (and speedy) bar-service and a decent selection of beers on tap. Unlike a certain other establishment down the road... I'll definitely be going back.

Advertisement