Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pub at Barker House [Mrs Robinson]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Packed to the rafters last night & a great atmosphere too, nice mix of ages from 18ish to 70. Wine was €5.50. Like the decor, bank of TVs behind counter, pianos doubled up at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

excellent, can't wait to try it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have not had the pleasure yet, but it looks great.
    I wish them every success.

what the hell is the name of the new pub anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Mrs. Robinson's!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

Plastik wrote: »
    Mrs. Robinson's!

And here's to you...

Looks great! Looking forward to going in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

AJCOT wrote: »
    Packed to the rafters last night & a great atmosphere too, nice mix of ages from 18ish to 70. Wine was €5.50. Like the decor, bank of TVs behind counter, pianos doubled up at the back.

Looks like my granny's living room. Is that 1970s?

Yes, only Diageo laid on for stout drinkers... (sigh!) No Beamish or Murphy. I'll be sticking with Danns, then, but good luck anyhow guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Was there last night, great buzz in the place, great barmen :D

Best of Luck to them, it will be my new local anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dropped in last night, good atmosphere, wacky decor. Lots of vintage TVs but thankfully all turned off, unlike the Burno where they never turn the TVs off. They have Peroni on draught and an american beer "Blue Moon" which I'm unfamiliar with.

I think it'll draw in a lot of people who wouldn't normally go drinking in Greystones, but I guess the real test will be in the new year when the novelty has worn off (Script was packed out in the early days too...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

btw - you can get a free drink on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Dropped in there today, 5.30. place was buzzing. Good atmosphere, all ages, friendly staff, liked the decor, I'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Dropped in for a Peroni. A credit to them for how it's taken off. A good mix of clientele. Will go well.

Dropped in for a Peroni. A credit to them for how it's taken off. A good mix of clientele. Will go well.

OOOhhh good choice of beer there !!
    I assume it was bottle or could I be lucky enough they had it on tap !!!

:):)On draught and in tall Peroni Pint glasses too.

:):)On draught and in tall Peroni Pint glasses too.

cuddlycavies .. that's my best christmas present yet :D
    for anyone else that hasn't tried this beer...especially on draft .. in a nice tall pint glass .....
    TRY IT DAMN IT !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

loobylou wrote: »
    Dropped in there today, 5.30. place was buzzing. Good atmosphere, all ages, friendly staff, liked the decor, I'll be back.
    Was in tonight for a pint, place was kicking and great atmosphere. Only ba thing was I had to wait half an hour to get served at the bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Was in tonight for a pint, place was kicking and great atmosphere. Only ba thing was I had to wait half an hour to get served at the bar
    I was there last night too. Very busy but 30 mins for service is a bit of an exaggeration. Bound to be teething problems. I was sitting at the bar and don't recall seeing anyone waiting more than a few minutes for attention.

Some grumpy sod had a right rant at the girl washing glasses because he was waiting to be served for more than two minutes! He said he'd take his business back to the Burnaby. Personally, I'd rather wait a moment to be served by a barman with a pleasant attitude in Mrs R's than be scowled at promptly in the Burnaby.

Only thing that struck me is that there are two bottlenecks, one either end of the bar caused by armchairs protruding into the only route through the pub! Won't be a problem on normal nights, when it'll be a bit less cramped.

Great spot. We'll be back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Some grumpy sod had a right rant at the girl washing glasses because he was waiting to be served for more than two minutes! He said he'd take his business back to the Burnaby. .

!

Clearly he hasnt been in the Burnaby very often. He will wait a lot longer than two minutes even if there are no other customers in the pub!

Fiachra2 wrote: »
    Clearly he hasnt been in the Burnaby very often. He will wait a lot longer than two minutes even if there are no other customers in the pub!

Or somebody sent him in to do that.

IMHO many of the folk in this new bar are not customers from the other two pubs in town. They are people like me who have refused for several years, to spend money in same places. Still it must irk them that so much money has been spent in Mrs R this week. Long may it continue.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Glad to see all of the great reviews here. :)

What is the space inside like? (capacity)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Glad to see all of the great reviews here. :)

What is the space inside like? (capacity)

It's not a bad size, they've created loads of artificial cubbys to make it feel more cosey and not like a big room.

And for the poster above I was in the burnaby last night and I get served in seconds, I was at the end of the bar and it took 20 mins before I was standing at the bar and another 10 before I got served.

Not complaining about it, it was just busy.

Agreed with the crowd statement above, everyone seemed to be mid 30's to mid 40's and not your average burnaby/beachhouse goer!

Great spot, we'll be back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

astrofluff wrote: »
    Are you back in town Ciaran67? Greystones' favourite tax exile back to earn some Christmas cash??? :D

Haha thanks mate but back home in Clapham Junction at the mo.

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Serious?!

It looks like the set of Rising Damp.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Haha thanks mate but back home in Clapham Junction at the mo.
    You live on the railway?

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Serious?!

It looks like the set of Rising Damp.
    Funny! Wifey said last night that it looks like the set of a tv show. The lighting above adds to the impression.

• Advertisement

You live on the railway?

Keep the thread on track please

i'll get my coat

Advertisement