Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pub at Barker House [Mrs Robinson]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

Thanks bud, glad to have you on my side..

Side? The only sides are fact and fiction... and I'm on the side of fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

darter wrote: »
    Side? The only sides are fact and fiction... and I'm on the side of fact.

Like I said good to have you on my side..

Anyway back to the Whine Bar...

Like I said good to have you on my side..

Anyway back to the Whine Bar...

That's excellent. As you are on the side of facts, can you provide us some facts to substantiate your statement that:
    Market saturation has been reached for beer vendors in Greystones.. no amount of marketting will change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There are no "sides". Please stay on topic and refrain from dragging this into a row about "sides"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

There are no "sides". Please stay on topic and refrain from dragging this into a row about "sides"

Yes there are mango salsa, and my query is entirely on topic! Disappointing that you don't see this. Although your wish to stay "on topic" is valued and is your role as moderator, it is in this case misplaced.

Unsubstantiated comments need to be challenged or they will be accepted as "true" even in the absence of fact. I am asking for substantiation of the statement that the market for beer vendors in Greystones is saturated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Agreed with darter mango, a comment was made about statistical market saturation in greystones with no evidence to back it up.

Darter is only requesting the evidence and has a right to do so IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Agreed with darter mango, a comment was made about statistical market saturation in greystones with no evidence to back it up.

Darter is only requesting the evidence and has a right to do so IMO

Goodness me! Hilarious thread. Give me proof the crowd cried without actually contributing anything.

Opinions are simply that perhaps I would request you provide your own instead of resorting to simple rabblery.

Thanks Mango for applying the appropriate level of moderation.

So what about this winebar then? Is it open yet?

I hear the owner is experienced in Irish theme pubs across the world, the decor is dark and the lights unusual... One can only wait to see.

Goodness me! Hilarious thread. Give me proof the crowd cried without actually contributing anything.

Opinions are simply that perhaps I would request you provide your own instead of resorting to simple rabblery.

Thanks Mango for applying the appropriate level of moderation.

So what about this winebar then? Is it open yet?

I hear the owner is experienced in Irish theme pubs across the world, the decor is dark and the lights unusual... One can only wait to see.

exactly - one can only wait and see - Blandpebbles if you are not going to contribute anything to this discussion other than negative moaning about what everyone else is saying and statements that you refuse to back up then maybe you shouldn't contribute.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

When is this pub/wine bar opening?

All off topic posts are now being removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Damo9090 wrote: »
    When is this pub/wine bar opening?

All off topic posts are now being removed.

I haven't heard of an exact date, but they've made some serious progress over the past 10 days.
    Hopefully a date before Christmas is the plan ..
    I wouldn't mind a few cheeky glass or two in the town :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dv8

Where exactly is this place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

two doors up from Supervalu (beside Sports Cuts)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

What is the state of play on the new pub? opening soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

yeah, apparently it's open on the 10th. :rolleyes:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »

Of what year astro? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I heard the 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 5 albert99

Does anybody actually know the type of pub that is opening, and if so, does the guy have other pubs that we could check out and see. Hopefully they will spend a bit of money on it, and it will get customers is, as the Stones doesnt relly have anywhere good thats not full of <<snip>> apart from Dans, and the Burnaby, but the Burnaby is like a bloody morgue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

albert99 wrote: »
    Does anybody actually know the type of pub that is opening, and if so, does the guy have other pubs that we could check out and see. Hopefully they will spend a bit of money on it, and it will get customers is, as the Stones doesnt relly have anywhere good thats not full of <<snip>> apart from Dans, and the Burnaby, but the Burnaby is like a bloody morgue.

how about the beach house?

Nice start :rolleyes:

Read site rules and forum charter before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 albert99

Nice start :rolleyes:

Read site rules and forum charter before posting again.

Damo seriously, are you trying to say you cant say the word <<snip>>. what about free speech, i am not calling anyone inparticular a <<snip>>, i am just stating a fact, maybe i should rephrase the word as <<snip>>, - is that allowed to describe people in an establishment. for example people who are drinking in the wicklow arms on a saturday night are serious <<snip>> and thats a fact !

• Advertisement

i see an imminent banning

Damo seriously, are you trying to say you cant say the word <<snip>>. what about free speech, i am not calling anyone inparticular a <<snip>>, i am just stating a fact, maybe i should rephrase the word as <<snip>>, - is that allowed to describe people in an establishment. for example people who are drinking in the wicklow arms on a saturday night are serious <<snip>> and thats a fact !

5 days off to read the charter and site rules.

Damo i couldnt thank myself for that so i thanked you instead :p

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

Seems fair. I drink in the BH and I'm a complete alickado.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Might take him longer than that, he's playing the free speech card!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭eigrod

Might take him longer than that, he's playing the free speech card!

There I was browsing the "Irish Economy" Forum, and look what pops up : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056482622

Strange place for him (her ?) to take his (her?) fight :D

Albert is off topic - please keep on topic

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

astrofluff wrote: »

Latest date is the 19 December. See owner's photo here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150527889220312&set=a.445430840311.230319.152809985311&type=1&ref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"70s themed lounge bar"? I'm there!

disco-stu.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

"70's themed lounge bar" sounds a lot more promising then a "wine bar".

If he serves decent Guinness and has a good smoking area i'm there :)

Advertisement