Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

celt262 wrote: »
    If you step over to the cavan board on hoganstand you will know what i am on about.

Oh right I'll have a look.. But without explanation can you see where I thought it was a terrible comment?? Obviously I know now there's more to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

Mod Note: Dark Knight and Tayto lover stop derailing the thread and arguing with each other. This is your final warning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

lads this is getting boring
    it doesnt matter which county he plays for his chances of having a celtic cross in his arse pocket come september are very slim ,
    let him play for kildare if he wants
    he WAS a good cavan player , i'm disappointed how he went about this but at the end of the day WE are not the ones running laps in either kildare or cavan
    so lighten up lads and let whatever happens happen ,
    obviously he wants to play ball

END OF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Is it true that if he plays a minute ina hurling game, he'll be eligible to play for Kildare in the football? Only in the GAA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is it true that if he plays a minute ina hurling game, he'll be eligible to play for Kildare in the football? Only in the GAA :D

I was wondering that as well. Does his new club have a hurling team, even a junior one?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,061 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Coill Dubh has the hurling team that he would be eligible for. Granted it's a bit away, but their catchment area is quiet large.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

There's a discussion about this issue on the Sunday game tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Felexicon wrote: »

They are having a Twitter vote - is his move against the spirit of the GAA ( or something like that) - I'm over Seanie at this stage to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    They are having a Twitter vote - is his move against the spirit of the GAA ( or something like that) - I'm over Seanie at this stage to be honest.

Poll is here http://twtpoll.com/htg0e2

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very poor excuse of a discussion. They didn't go into the reasons at all.

• Advertisement

Very poor excuse of a discussion. They didn't go into the reasons at all.
    I don't think that's why it was brought up tbf. It was more to see what peoples opinion on the idea of the transfer as opposed to the reasons behind it. It was good to see the panel being honest.

I would be in agreement that it is against the ethos of the GAA and he should stay with Cavan and use his football to force his way back onto the panel

Taken down already:(

Taken down already:(
    52% said yes it was against the ethos of the GAA

Ah, yea, I know the result. though there may have been more info on that site !

Ah, yea, I know the result. though there may have been more info on that site !
    Nah. There was a break down of the countries the votes were made from but that was all. China was 50-50 on two votes in case you were wondering

Was talking to one of lads in hawkfield ground apparently Johnston done his ankle in a game last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

cavan4sam wrote: »
    lads this is getting boring
    it doesnt matter which county he plays for his chances of having a celtic cross in his arse pocket come september are very slim

Not sure how you make that out, if the clear fourth favs have no chance it really is a very boring and predictable championship.

Not sure how you make that out, if the clear fourth favs have no chance it really is a very boring and predictable championship.

well i'm sorry to disappoint you but maybe to the media kildare are 4th favourites but i'm afraid they wont be seeing past the quarter finals at the furthest this year, sorry kildare folk i'll be rooting for ye (family connections and all that lark) but i just cant see it happening for ye , quote me in september with or without seanie and if i'm wrong i'll be the first to eat a large portion of humble pie

well i'm sorry to disappoint you but maybe to the media kildare are 4th favourites but i'm afraid they wont be seeing past the quarter finals at the furthest this year, sorry kildare folk i'll be rooting for ye (family connections and all that lark) but i just cant see it happening for ye , quote me in september with or without seanie and if i'm wrong i'll be the first to eat a large portion of humble pie

Well im sorry to dissapoint you but the media dont set the odds and every single bookie and exchange is in agreement that Kildare are the clear fourth favourites, but I guess you know more than them??

Eh I usually determine who are the best in the country by watching football not through papers or bookies. And still I can see Kildare are certainly in with a shout this year. If you wouldn't have them as the 4th best team in the country who would you have? Tyrone are in a bit of a transition period although they had a good league but were beaten by Kildare in the final. Apart from that the rest of the teams are along way back. Now it could be that Kildare get knocked out in two games but that's football anything can happen. But to suggest they'll definitely go no farther than the quarters is madness

• Advertisement

Eh I usually determine who are the best in the country by watching football not through papers or bookies. And still I can see Kildare are certainly in with a shout this year. If you wouldn't have them as the 4th best team in the country who would you have? Tyrone are in a bit of a transition period although they had a good league but were beaten by Kildare in the final. Apart from that the rest of the teams are along way back. Now it could be that Kildare get knocked out in two games but that's football anything can happen. But to suggest they'll definitely go no farther than the quarters is madness bitterness

FYP ;)

So what have we learned in the seanie Johnston thread?? Well Cavan4sam has stated Kildare have no chance in this years championship!!! :D ok mate that's too funny ffs how can you say a team of kildares quality have no chance? Bitterness over the Johnston transfer maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Ah I'm sure the good people of Mayo would raise an eyebrow with regard to being discounted as one of the top 4 teams, having had a relatively successful season in Div 1 this year

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Ah I'm sure the good people of Mayo would raise an eyebrow with regard to being discounted as one of the top 4 teams, having had a relatively successful season in Div 1 this year
    I can see where you're coming from here but being completely realistic they need another year if not two to be considered contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I can see where you're coming from here but being completely realistic they need another year if not two to be considered contenders.

Yeah agreed .. my take on "contenders" would be a team likely to contest an AI S/F. Truth be told and in keeping with previous years really .. we'll have 2 of the top 3 in the semis, with the other places being contenders. From that you can take Mayo, Kildare, Donegal and possibly Derry. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

I don't know how anyone can say that Kildare are not serious contenders for the all-ireland - they are definitely in there with a shout but back on the topic of this thread, I have to say I was very surprised by the results of the poll on the Sunday Game!!

Tom Joad wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can say that Kildare are not serious contenders for the all-ireland - they are definitely in there with a shout but back on the topic of this thread, I have to say I was very surprised by the results of the poll on the Sunday Game!!
    Yeah but you have to take into account that there was only 500 or so votes. Of those 500 most are going to be under 35 as it is a Twitter vote.
    My point being that is a small cross section of the people who watch the GAA and due to the age demographic they will be more liberal in the stance taken as they will see it as a black and white issue whereas most people will see the knock on affect of these kind of transfers being allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Yeah good point Felexicon - it would explain that!! :)

Well im sorry to dissapoint you but the media dont set the odds and every single bookie and exchange is in agreement that Kildare are the clear fourth favourites, but I guess you know more than them??

time will tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would also put Kildare as fourth favourites. However if they are to make the breakthrough it will have to be this year I feel. Some of these boys are beginning to age and seem to have been around for quite some time. I would love to see them win Sam. They have put in a lot of work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement