Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yawn. Back again after you said you were going.
    Do yourself a favour and write a letter to Val with all your misinformed crap.

By the way, you were predicting relegation, Cavan now have 4 points after 4 games whereas Offaly and Tipp both have none. Guess you were wrong again.

Ooops and you still have 4 points and just avoid relegation because Tipperary beat Offaly. You had 6 points last year.
    Yes indeed Val is doing a great job !! A great job of destroying your county team. Two wins and 5 losses and you probably still stand by him. You could be doing with a few like Seanie. Val hasn't a clue, a bit like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ooops and you still have 4 points and just avoid relegation because Tipperary beat Offaly. You had 6 points last year.
    Yes indeed Val is doing a great job !! A great job of destroying your county team. Two wins and 4 losses and you probably still stand by him. You could be doing with a few like Seanie. Val hasn't a clue, a bit like you.

Your a serious troll mate I wouldn't think too much of your opinion on any county team!! Was gonna ask why are you so bitter but tbh I don't care you need to cop on very bad form in the way you are trolling lemon and Cavan in general

Your a serious troll mate I wouldn't think too much of your opinion on any county team!! Was gonna ask why are you so bitter but tbh I don't care you need to cop on very bad form in the way you are trolling lemon and Cavan in general

Nothing to do with Cavan at all.
    Seanie Johnston is a great footballer and brilliant forward. Val is a clown.
    Lemlin defended the wrong party, an outsider with no clue (as has been proven) as opposed to that great player from his own county. He tried to rubbish my opinions too. That's all. I will leave you all to it now. Bye.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Nothing to do with Cavan at all.
    Seanie Johnston is a great footballer and brilliant forward. Val is a clown.
    Lemlin defended the wrong party, an outsider with no clue (as has been proven) as opposed to that great player from his own county. He tried to rubbish my opinions too. That's all. I will leave you all to it now. Bye.

please keep your word this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

A decision is expected tomorrow night from Portlaoise. Hopefully putting an end to this saga once and for all!

• Advertisement

It seems the transfer of Seanie will be granted tomorrow night, there's no objection from Cavan.

Tbh I just want this circus to end as Kildare need to concentrate on matters to hand and forget about Johnston!! Tyrone in a couple of weeks and that's gonna be a tough tough game

Tbh I just want this circus to end as Kildare need to concentrate on matters to hand and forget about Johnston!! Tyrone in a couple of weeks and that's gonna be a tough tough game
    I understand you're passion for Kildare football but by God you talk a lot of shite. Seanie Johnston has been training with Kildare for the past 2 months and just because we manage to qualify for a league final we should just forget about him? Make no mistake about it McGeeney wants him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Well think we are going to hear the answer tomorrow. I for one hope he gets it now. Has had his work cut out for him to get the transfer and no doubt about it will have his work cut out for him with this kildare panel. He will be getting my full support if he gets the green light.Good news in my opinion for both st. kevins and kildare.

I understand you're passion for Kildare football but by God you talk a lot of shite. Seanie Johnston has been training with Kildare for the past 2 months and just because we manage to qualify for a league final we should just forget about him? Make no mistake about it McGeeney wants him!
    obviously mcgeeney wants him thats stating the ****ing obvious there..

which of our forwards can you see him replacing?? i talk ****e how? you comment away all you want but i know the county scene inside out. can you not see how this is stupid theres **** all talk about the fact that kildare have had their biggest moment in football since reaching the 98 final in the fact that we have won promotion and all thats being talked about is seanie johnston?? thats why i think this is a pile of crap..

i defo will support seanie i just think this is turning into a media circus, and remember when kildare are in the spotlight it doesnt bode well with the 98 AI final standing out when we beat kerry tabloids swarmed kildare and egos swelled with Galway having attention taken from them and in that time they worked their asses off and were super prepared.

im not against johnstons transfer and im sure he will be a great asset to the squad but when a single player drags more attention than the squad it sneers of drama and i hate ****ing drama..

im right in saying johnston is a centre half forward right??

• Advertisement

obviously mcgeeney wants him thats stating the ****ing obvious there..

which of our forwards can you see him replacing?? i talk ****e how? you comment away all you want but i know the county scene inside out. can you not see how this is stupid theres **** all talk about the fact that kildare have had their biggest moment in football since reaching the 98 final in the fact that we have won promotion and all thats being talked about is seanie johnston?? thats why i think this is a pile of crap..

i defo will support seanie i just think this is turning into a media circus, and remember when kildare are in the spotlight it doesnt bode well with the 98 AI final standing out when we beat kerry tabloids swarmed kildare and egos swelled with Galway having attention taken from them and in that time they worked their asses off and were super prepared.

im not against johnstons transfer and im sure he will be a great asset to the squad but when a single player drags more attention than the squad it sneers of drama and i hate ****ing drama..

which of our forwards can you see him replacing??
    That's not a valid question, we have Kavanagh, Smith, O'Connor, Conway, Eoghan O'Flaherty, Doyle, Callaghan and Fogarty all vying for a position so Johnston will be competing with these 9 lads for a place, bar JD and Callaghan none of these players are guaranteed a start!
    kildare have had their biggest moment in football since reaching the 98 final in the fact that we have won promotion
    Have you forgotten the Leinster title in 2000? And you know Kildare football inside out? :rolleyes:
    No, he's a corner forward.

That's not a valid question, we have Kavanagh, Smith, O'Connor, Conway, Eoghan O'Flaherty, Doyle, Callaghan and Fogarty all vying for a position so Johnston will be competing with these 9 lads for a place, bar JD and Callaghan none of these players are guaranteed a start!

Have you forgotten the Leinster title in 2000? And you know Kildare football inside out? :rolleyes:

leinster that year doesnt have the same standing as this years league after a bad start the lads battled on to promotion. i forget nothing have not forgotten that leinster but after losing again to galway in AI semi it was another year of heartbreak.. so in turn what is happening for us now is a much bigger deal than that leinster win..

That's not a valid question, we have Kavanagh, Smith, O'Connor, Conway, Eoghan O'Flaherty, Doyle, Callaghan and Fogarty all vying for a position so Johnston will be competing with these ---8--- lads for a place, bar JD and Callaghan none of these players are guaranteed a start!

FYP :D couldnt resist lol

leinster that year doesnt have the same standing as this years league after a bad start the lads battled on to promotion. i forget nothing have not forgotten that leinster but after losing again to galway in AI semi it was another year of heartbreak.. so in turn what is happening for us now is a much bigger deal than that leinster win..
    Let me get this straight, you're telling me that gaining promotion to Div 1 of the NFL is more important than winning a Leinster Championship thus qualifying for an All Ireland semi final?

Let me get this straight, you're telling me that gaining promotion to Div 1 of the NFL is more important than winning a Leinster Championship thus qualifying for an All Ireland semi final?
    i think that kildare team late 90s early 00s should have won an ai so yes leinster championship did nothing but ease the pain for me anyways.

can i ask what age you are? just wondering were you at any of those games??

any leinster win is huge i just feel the promotion merits kildare playing the countries elite teams which is where they need to be it will really help us in summers if we are playing top teams trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Coming 2nd in Division 2 of the league is a better achievement than winning Leinster in 2000?? You are delusional.

full_irish wrote: »
    Coming 2nd in Division 2 of the league is a better achievement than winning Leinster in 2000?? You are delusional.
    thats your opinion, but the promotion matters now not a leinster win from 12 years ago. thats not delusional thats thinking about now instead of thinking what was 12 years ago. this thread is about seanie johnston anyways if you want to discuss anything else with me apart from johnston take it to pm before we get a bollocking for dragging this off topic lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

but i know the county scene inside out.

lol oh your a good one, as for claim that promotion from Division 2 is a bigger achievement than winning a Leinster title, lay off the drugs will you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

Regardless of the spin coming out from Kildare/McG/SJ camps, I don't see any chance of this transfer going through. The whole thing is a farce and when Andrews gets the chop in Cavan, and SJ is inevitably back in the frame, whenever that may be, he's going to feel a bit of a tit pulling back on the Cavan jersey. Think he's been terribly naive in the whole thing and badly advised along the way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

have to somehow agree with that.
    The line from the CCCC is that it was going against the ethos of the association REGARDLESS of whether theres enough proof of a so called "permanent" move.

unless someone here is on the CCCC or central council, then how can anyone here say that it's something that the CCCC or provincial board will allow through seeing as they are officially dead set against it?

the "ethos" of the Association was never something I saw mentioned before.
    From looking at the official guide again, Rule 6.1 mentions it and could be a catch all VETO to block seanies transfer
    6.1 - Transfers and Declarations - Association’s Ethos
    As the Gaelic Athletic Association is community centred,
    based on the allegiance of its members to their local Clubs
    and Counties, the Transfer and Declaration Rules in this
    Official Guide and in County Bye-Laws reflect that ethos.
    A player is considered to owe allegiance and loyalty to his
    Home Club and County, as defined in these Rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

Whether or not the CCCC agree with the transfer or not - which I'm sure they don't - I think it could come down to an ever more basic point; proving that he lives in Kildare. The CCCC guys aren't clowns. SJ says he has addressed this aspect of the transfer request in his latest submission. It remains to be seen if the CCCC fall for it, apologies, accept his claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Whether or not the CCCC agree with the transfer or not - which I'm sure they don't - I think it could come down to an ever more basic point; proving that he lives in Cavan. The CCCC guys aren't clowns. SJ says he has addressed this aspect of the transfer request in his latest submission. It remains to be seen if the CCCC fall for it, apologies, accept his claims.
    I dont think so.
    This is what they said a couple of weeks ago, basically saying it was a contrived situation to engineer a move:

'Concerns were expressed that even had permanent residency been satisfactorily demonstrated, the primary, if not sole, purpose of this residency appeared from the evidence gathered to be to enable the player to play inter-county football with a county to which he could claim no obvious allegiance. This, in the opinion of the committee, was in itself, contrary to the Association's ethos as outlined in rule.'

EDIT : see here for a small report on the ruling : http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gaa-sticks-to-home-rule-3067633.html

Player revolt in Cavan it seems according to the Sports reports.
    It didn't take long for them to realise what they had in charge.
    Seanie might change his mind when Andrews gets gate.

FFS GO AWAY

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'd like to echo Dark Knight's post.

anyone hear any word on this today??

tayto to be fair mate your an absolute troll now get back under your bridge :D

This is actually true.

Andrews could well be shown the door before the championship starts. Cavan players are not happy with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

How hilarious it would be if Sean Johnston came crawling back to Cavan if Val Andrews goes.

Actually hilarious would be too weak a word.

How hilarious it would be if Sean Johnston came crawling back to Cavan if Val Andrews goes.

Actually hilarious would be too weak a word.
    Crawling back? What the hell are you talking about! He was dropped from the panel i.e Andrews rang him up and told him he will not be picked this year while he was in charge.

If I was a Cavan fan I would welcome him with open arms, he is the best player Cavan have produced in the last decade!

Some people!

• Advertisement

This could be a huge factor in this transfer, will Johnston show loyalty now to his native Cavan or continue to Persue a chance of glory with Kildare??

now would be the time for Cavan to welcome Johnston back with open Arms!! If not Kildare will gain I'm aware of that but is the easy option now for this to be resolved in Cavan and all to resume normality!

Obviously Johnston is involved training etc In Kildare I wonder has his loyalty transferred to Kildare before any final decision about him has been made!

I have said it before I will get behind seanie if he really shows Kildare fans something like loyalty to the cause.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement