Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AXA Raheny 5 miler 29/1/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

When choosing what race I want to enter I get the option of junior, senior, 40, 45, 50, 55 etc up to 70.

Is this the minutes I am hoping to complete the 5 miles in or something? I haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

3 stars (average)
    Dots1982 wrote: »
    When choosing what race I want to enter I get the option of junior, senior, 40, 45, 50, 55 etc up to 70.

Is this the minutes I am hoping to complete the 5 miles in or something? I haven't a clue.

That's your age. Under 18 is Junior, 18-39 is Senior...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

4 stars (good)
    Dots1982 wrote: »

Thats the age category. There is no need to enter your time just the age category you fall into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

thanks, I really should have thought of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

4 stars (good)
    Looks like rain for Sunday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

4 stars (good)
    Rovers2001 - 45:00
    Tunguska - 26:15(wildly optimistic but what the hell)
    Petermijackson - 30:59 (Provided I get the all clear from Physio tomorrow)
    7mile-29.29.
    pconn062: I'm going to got out on a limb here and say sub 32, but more than likely it will be around 32.30
    Plodder: 33:59 (hoping to knock nearly a minute of last week's XC)
    claralara: 37:29
    Average_Runner 36:10 (not fully fit yet so expect low 36)
    RayCun - 32.29 (unlikely, but what the hell)
    PWEI - 32:30 (will be very very dissappointed if I don't)
    Nerraw - 29.29 (optimistic)
    ecoli - 27.25 (wait for me at the finish Tunguska if you hit that time so I can shake your handbiggrin.gif)
    cwgatling - 28:59
    Name Changed - 38:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

4 stars (good)
    7mile-29.29.
    pconn062: I'm going to got out on a limb here and say sub 32, but more than likely it will be around 32.30
    ecoli - 27.25 (wait for me at the finish Tunguska if you hit that time so I can shake your hand)
    martyoo - 34:00 (fingers crossed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Looks like rain for Sunday afternoon

Pretty manky rain over my neck of the woods at the minute... ;'(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Best of luck to everyone doing this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

4 stars (good)
    claralara wrote: »
    Pretty manky rain over my neck of the woods at the minute... ;'(

Bad morning indeed.

I think 3pm is quite late for it to start. Would prefer if it started around 1pm or even 2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

4 stars (good)
    donal2000 wrote: »
    I think 3pm is quite late for it to start. Would prefer if it started around 1pm or even 2pm.
    Meh, I'm ok with it. It's really nice to be able to crawl out of bed at 11 on a race morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭RoverHogan

4 stars (good)
    7mile-29.29.
    ecoli - 27.25 (wait for me at the finish Tunguska if you hit that time so I can shake your hand)
    RoverHogan - 29.XX (hopefully)

Really looking forward to this because it will give me a good gauge at where I'm at. Its nice having a race at the end of Jan to see if the 1000 mile challenge and running streak are having a positive impact. Its gonna be a wet one but at least there's no wind! Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

4 stars (good)
    Am here, it's wet...45 mins to go... I'm reassessing my goals to 45 minutes. ;) love the rain...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

4 stars (good)
    There is very little I hate more than racing in the rain. Not a happy camper.

4 stars (good)
    7mile-29.29.
    RoverHogan - 29.XX (hopefully)

Very impressed with the goody bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

4 stars (good)
    Any idea when the official results will be posted ???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

3 stars (average)
    A wet one today, but a nice race nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

4 stars (good)
    I was not impressed with the goodie bag! I'll end up like a beach whale after eating all that!

Fantastic race that was excellently run in my opinion. It was my first time doing it and certainly not the last. My best for 5 mile was the Frank Duffy 5 mile last year which I did in 37:43. With the rain today, I thought I'd be around 39. I did it in 36:23 which is easily my pb. My Garmin clocked that course at 4.97 miles though, I think the first mile was short. I was deliberately running on the outside and wide the whole time to lengthen it. Anyway, I loved it. Great race.

I've uploaded the route anyway.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/145594760

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

4 stars (good)
    Well organised race today and that was some goody bag :eek:. If carlsberg did race goody bags....

Alot of pushing and tripping at the start so maybe they could look at waves or pens next year. Minor observation though.

4 stars (good)
    A wet one today, but a nice race nonetheless.

How did ya get on Ray?

Don't have a GPS but reckon I was about 34:20. Very good race. At least there was no wind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

4 stars (good)
    Nice race, my local and I hammered my PB so the rain didn't even bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

4 stars (good)
    Great race today, enjoyed it. 38:57 by my watch so happy with that - 42:04 last year. Goody bag was brilliant - my kids are buried in it at the minute, e-numbers ahoy! Only (tiny) quibble would be the usual - people starting where they shouldn't. I passed so many people in the first half mile, and I continued passing them for the rest of the 5 miles. That's partly my problem - I started too far back, but maybe next year Raheny could look at grouping people in sub 30, 35, 40 etc? I don't know how easy that would be, but it's only a tiny quibble about a very well run race.

4 stars (good)
    but maybe next year Raheny could look at grouping people in sub 30, 35, 40 etc?

I think they need to start doing this as well. So many runners they need to group them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jgal

4 stars (good)
    my garmin clocked 5.00! :)
    great race - got a PB and am delighted with it...even though i hate running in the rain!
    the fella was very pleased with the cadbury's buttons i handed over to him...they deserve it since they stood in the rain to cheer us on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

30.02. Balls! I reckon I might get those 2 secs back on chip. Proper eyes out on the finishing straight! Probs ran it too conservatively.

Great race and a whooper goodie bag! Will post a review later. Superbly organised. Probs ran it too conservatively.

4 stars (good)
    Great race and a whooper goodie bag! Will post a review later. Superbly organised. Probs ran it too conservatively.

Best goody bag I ever got!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I was not impressed with the goodie bag! I'll end up like a beach whale after eating all that!

Fantastic race that was excellently run in my opinion. It was my first time doing it and certainly not the last. My best for 5 mile was the Frank Duffy 5 mile last year which I did in 37:43. With the rain today, I thought I'd be around 39. I did it in 36:23 which is easily my pb. My Garmin clocked that course at 4.97 miles though, I think the first mile was short. I was deliberately running on the outside and wide the whole time to lengthen it. Anyway, I loved it. Great race.

I've uploaded the route anyway.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/145594760

Why would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭plodder

4 stars (good)
    Yep, if goody bags are to be judged by weight and calorific value, then that was among the best. Enjoyed that race. I thought I was going to really whip my target, but just about made it in the end. The drag up Watermill road nearly killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

2 stars (poor)
    Very good race, excellent goodie bag, hit 3 stars instead of 4 by accident, oops. If a mod could fix that please, that would be great :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

4 stars (good)
    My garmin clocked 5.01 (perfect)
    Brilliant brilliant race, hats off to Raheny, great atmosphere.
    5 stars for me, despite that slight bugger of a hill at the mile 4 mark :D

Advertisement