Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Plentyofice

My cheltenham bets so far are

Grandouet @ 7/1 - Champion hurdle
    Peddlers Cross @3/1 Arle :( Hope he was sick the last day
    Long Run @5/2 for Gold Cup (Please god SWC will be suspended for Cheltenham)
    Ut d Sivola @20/1 - Triumph
    Sizing Europe @3/1 for the Champ chase

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

My cheltenham bets so far are

Grandouet @ 7/1 - Champion hurdle
    Long Run @5/2 for Gold Cup (Please god SWC will be suspended for Cheltenham)
    Ut d Sivola @20/1 - Triumph
    Sizing Europe @3/1 for the Champ chase

You really need to start using oddschecker sir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Captain Chris won't be winning the champion chase anyway

http://www.irishracing.com/cards/v5card009201203141520.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭AldilaMan

gudede wrote: »

Money back time from Ladbrokes so !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

What makes you think he may have been sick? He was just schooled and won't be turning over that form if he meets Sprinter Sacre again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Huntey wrote: »
    What makes you think he may have been sick? He was just schooled and won't be turning over that form if he meets Sprinter Sacre again.

McCain has continually stated that the horse was'nt right on the dy and has sent the horse for test etc.

I thought myself at first it was McCain been a bit of a bad looser tbh but he seems quite adamant that something was amiss, oner thing for sure if there wasnt and that was he's true running then Sprinter Sacre could be an absolute machine.

Sprinter Sacre is a machine. He was gaining ground in the air and PC just couldn't live with his cruising speed on the sharp track.

I'm sure McCain is praying something was amiss because his horse won't be getting near the Arkle on that form if SS shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

McCain has continually stated that the horse was'nt right on the dy and has sent the horse for test etc.

I thought myself at first it was McCain been a bit of a bad looser tbh but he seems quite adamant that something was amiss, oner thing for sure if there wasnt and that was he's true running then Sprinter Sacre could be an absolute machine.

He's a machine. I'm on at 10's :)
    Best jumper of a fence I've ever seen of a novice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I have backed Grand Crus in the RSA at 8/1 - cant understand how he is still as big as 3/1 now - I see he is 7/1 for the Gold Cup and it seems there is some money on, does anyone know if there is word he will run in Gold Cup?

Sprinter Sacre is a machine. He was gaining ground in the air and PC just couldn't live with his cruising speed on the sharp track.

I'm sure McCain is praying something was amiss because his horse won't be getting near the Arkle on that form if SS shows up.
    Slattsy wrote: »

Not disagreeing with ye lads, just backing up where plentofice got the impression that Peddlars may have been sick on the day.

• Advertisement

john47832 wrote: »
    I have backed Grand Crus in the RSA at 8/1 - cant understand how he is still as big as 3/1 now - I see he is 7/1 for the Gold Cup and it seems there is some money on, does anyone know if there is word he will run in Gold Cup?

The owners seem very keen on the GC, Pipe hasnt really said much either way, the RSA is a gruelling race that leaves its mark on novices, Denaman been the exception but he was a freak, this added to the fact that there is not very much depth to the GC field, I can see why they are tempted.

Personally, and I know no one will agree with me, if he was mine, and the plan was the 2013 GC which is what ist should beI would take the ultra safe route and stroll to a win in the Jewson, the RSA is too harsh a race and he is probably not experienced enough for a GC, see Gloria Victis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Not disagreeing with ye lads, just backing up where plentofice got the impression that Peddlars may have been sick on the day.

Couldn't agree more...Either PC wasn't well or else he's on the decline...either way it wasn't PC bringing his A game

Disrespecting his last run and last years aintree champ hurdle..PC is consistent and would be no surprise if he overturned sprinter sacre in chelt..it would be also no surprise sprinter sacre won either..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Plentyofice

I agree totally. The RSA is a hoor of a race on horses . It leaves them bollix'd after it (generally). I always thought the 2008 stayers was the hardest race on young horses I've seen in a while (Fiveforthree won it but has only been seen 4 or 5 times since in 4 yrs, Venalmar never really shone again, trafford lad never really shone again. Only ForPaddydeplasterer came out and done excellently after it). Tough race.....generally:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »

I think McCain is just hoping he was sick !!! Where as I'm hoping that was his true running lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just having a look at the entries.

Any idea where Quel Esprit is heading? I like the 20/1 for the Ryanair.

I also think Wayward Prince for the GC at 66/1 is much too big

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Seems a very strange move given Arkle winners records and that CC hasnt exactly excelled over 3m this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Rubi light ryanair??

Another one I fancy ste but looks a strong race.

One I really like the look of, anyone else like the look of Champion Court for the Jewson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Peddlers has been entered in the champion chase too.someone was talking dribble a few posts back,Peddlers cross is not 15+ lengths inferior to sprinter sacre.mccain even said no horse could beat a fit and well Peddlers like that.he is one of my Fav horses in fairness and I don't think anyone should brush him off as a no hoper.im happy he's at a back able e/w price now

I think that's naive of McCain to say that. Makes him look like a bit of a twat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Sure SS looks a machine, however I think it is unbelievably foolish to say Peddlers isn't capable of getting closer or turning the tables.

Peddlers absolutely chested the first fence and all the way through the race he looked a horse that hates going right handed so I had a look at his racing history and unless I missed one he has only run left handed.

I will be backing Peddlers at Cheltenham.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Sure SS looks a machine, however I think it is unbelievably foolish to say Peddlers isn't capable of getting closer

Who said he isn't capable of getting closer?

He was eased home after the second last when Maguire realised he was on a beaten horse, of course he has the ability to get closer considering he wasn't given an overly hard race.
    I will be backing Peddlers at Cheltenham.

Good, hopefully there will be more like you that will ensure I get a nice price about SS.

The only thing wrong with Peddlars Cross was that he was jumped into submission and couldn't deal with the cruising speed of Sprinter Sacre.

Peddlar's Cross won't be turning the form over this season.

Call it unbelievably foolish, etc but it will be proven correct in a couple of months should they meet again.

It's hard listening to the likes of you.
    Peddlers hit the first and was playing catch up after that,cruiseing speed me arse,to get within two lengths of hurricane fly in champ hurdle you must have speed,he hardly got that close becausehe was being pushed along way out and stayed on well into second,
    Scrap his last race it's not solid enough,and Peddlers does have stamina anyway so over Cheltenham two miles I will have Peddlers over ss and day .
    You will eat your words about ss not getting beat my Peddlers this season.

3rd in supreme to second in champ hurdle , gd luck.With such a high speed I taught he woulda won like a hurricane fly but faster horses beat him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

PC just couldn't live with his cruising speed on the sharp track. I'm sure McCain is praying something was amiss because his horse won't be getting near the Arkle on that form if SS shows up.

Sounds like you had him written off, others seem to think Mc Cain is making up excuses.

All I was saying was I reckon it will be much closer in the Arkle.

Be wary on SS though, he has run over 2m once and Frascati Park beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

He was eased home after the second last when Maguire realised he was on a beaten horse, of course he has the ability to get closer considering he wasn't given an overly hard race.

Good, hopefully there will be more like you that will ensure I get a nice price about SS.

The only thing wrong with Peddlars Cross was that he was jumped into submission and couldn't deal with the cruising speed of Sprinter Sacre.

Peddlar's Cross won't be turning the form over this season.

Call it unbelievably foolish, etc but it will be proven correct in a couple of months should they meet again.

What do you make of SS effort of getting up the hill in Cheltenham last year??? The only time we have seen the horse under pressure and it went one way. SS looked very good on its two outing this year but to back him at his current price (5/2) you would want to be crazy. This races could shape up to the best race of the festival and also the favourite hasn't won this race since 2003 I think.

newuser89 wrote: »
    It's hard listening to the likes of you.
    Peddlers hit the first and was playing catch up after that,cruiseing speed me arse,

Not even two lines in and you show your blatant lack of knowledge by suggesting "cruising speed my arse".
    You will eat your words about ss not getting beat my Peddlers this season.

"My Peddlers"? Not sure what your sexual connotation is but the horse certainly isn't yours and probably wouldn't be interested.

I would welcome any wager in a match bet if you are interested. You know where my PM address is so if you are so sure I will eat my words than why not take my money aswell?
    3rd in supreme to second in champ hurdle , gd luck.With such a high speed I taught he woulda won like a hurricane fly but faster horses beat him

Firstly in relation to your comparison of races, hurdling and chasing are not the same thing.

Sprinter Sacre is a backwards sort who will still improve. The supreme is always full of horses who aren't fully matured, are you oblivious to that?

I remember laughing at your posts vehemently stating Bino wouldn't win the Christmas Hurdle and telling people he would come third only a few weeks back. I will probably be laughing at you again in the coming months.

Its hard to listen to people who don't know what they are talking about more than anything.
    Sounds like you had him written off, others seem to think Mc Cain is making up excuses.

All I was saying was I reckon it will be much closer in the Arkle.

Be wary on SS though, he has run over 2m once and Frascati Park beat him.

It could be closer in the Arkle but I do have PC written off in terms of turning the form over with Sprinter Sacre.

Sprinter Sacre is a typical French backwards type, he has yet to mature fully.

What do you make of SS effort of getting up the hill in Cheltenham last year??? The only time we have seen the horse under pressure and it went one way.

Backwards French type who has yet to fully mature.
    SS looked very good on its two outing this year but to back him at his current price (5/2) you would want to be crazy.

Not necessarily, some may see it as value and some will not.

I'm on my phone so the my Peddlers thing came from no were and you clearly know what I ment

And with binocular , rock on ruby should of won but for bad jump at the last ,
    I expected better from rock on ruby to be honest but he still should of won and binocular is still a old shadow of himself who I will always back against and I'veade plenty in doing so in the past.

Hurdles is the biggest test of a horses speed or am I missing something and Peddlers was quicker over hurdles so I can't see how Peddlers couldnt live with ss speed,

The race was over after the first fence last time everyone saw that.

What's there to gain in a wager unless your offering best odds

• Advertisement

The race was over after the first fence last time everyone saw that.

It wasn't, if Peddlers was good enough he had every chance to win that race. They hadn't even got into full stride and your telling me the race was over because he got in too close at the first fence. Ludicrous.

Anyway, my stance is clear on the topic and I have set myself up to "eat my words". Don't forget to check back after the festival though. I will give you the same odds in a match bet when it is priced up, I love money from you or the bookies either way but it might make things interesting considering you think I am so wrong. As I said my PM address is always open should you reconsider in the coming weeks.

Advertisement