Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Huntey wrote: »
    hucklebuck wrote: »
    I believe you Ste, I am having a few bob ew.

Ste's source has already proven to be misleading and you still think this "info" is credible?

By all means have your few bob e/w, but don't do it based on the above gurgle.

Huntey - first of all my questions to my source last night clarified 100% to any normal person and luckily for all of us if you didn't have knowledge of Yoda there would be nothing to suggest otherwise. I would never consider posting anything I wasn't sure of and I won't be posting anything I get from this lad again even though he has given me positives in the past and has good connections.
    HOWEVER thanks to you, I poked more holes in his comments and he is talking absolute sh*te about going straight to chelt

I would appreciate if you weren't so condescending in your typing tone :D

Thanks for prompting the questions, I was the first sucker to place money on the back of it.

HANDS UP - LESSON LEARNED - APOLOGIES LADS IF I SET ANYONE ON THe WRONG TRACK - either way let's hope he wins (or hisabaat who I have also backed @ 33-1)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Going down this road after being stung slightly before. Sprinter Sacre to win on Saturday and win the Arkle, 5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

Contrary to popular belief I wasn't trying to be a dickhead, just that your sources info was misleading and I didn't want you or anyone else to be placing money on something that was different from what the yard were saying themselves.
    I just felt that it would be a bastard thing to do if I didn't let people, and yourself, know that your information about the horses prospects and preparation is misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭qzy

From Boylesports....

"The first of the Grade 1s to be staged is the opener on the card (1:05pm), the Spring Juvenile Hurdle. A total of 28 horses have stood their ground at the latest declaration stage, 21 of them being previous winners.
    One horse that will miss the race, though, is the Dessie Hughes-trained Minsk, who will instead head to Fairyhouse on 15 February. He won last season’s Irish Cesarewitch from a mark of 93 and is rated as an exciting hurdling prospect"

• Advertisement

How has he been proven to be misleading?

The source suggested that the intention of the yard was for the horse not to have a prep race, that has proven to be incorrect without me even stating my own knowledge.
    Would you have said the same if Paul Nicholls said the plan for Zarkandar was the Triumph before he jumped a hurdle in a race?

If Paul Nicholls had told me Zarkandar was going to have one race prior to the Triumph and somebody started telling everyone he was going straight to the Triumph, well then yes I would have said that info was misleading.
    Can't help but notice that you always put the burden of proof on the other person you disagree with.

This may be the case but observations mean little without examples, can you provide some?

Furthermore, you are failing to read my posts correctly. I never put any burden of proof on Ste. I simply stated his source had supplied misleading information, I did not request that he state who his source was.
    How do you know he won't be going for the Triumph

Again, you are failing to read my posts correctly. I never suggested he wasn't going for the Triumph.

Ste stated that his source informed him that "Minsk was a definite for the Triumph".
    I am not sure whether he means (1) he is a sure thing to win or a (2) sure thing to participate. If it was the former (1) than that would have been incorrect, the latter (2) would have been correct to my knowledge as of two weeks ago.
    and where did you hear it?

I have already stated numerous times that I have no interest in discussing the who or how I am aware that the info was misleading. Just as I have no interest in finding out how Ste's source is and have never requested so. I have also stated that I do not care if people do not believe me (although I have since been proven correct), it bears no relevance on me and I will not be baited into discussing the issue further.

If you are going to respond can you please read my posts correctly, I have established three separate instances where you have questioned something that has already been stated in my previous posts. Cheers

The source suggested that the intention of the yard was for the horse not to have a prep race, that has proven to be incorrect without me even stating my own knowledge.

That is an assumption, just because a horse holds and entry in a race doesn't mean he will run, that is why I questioned it.

If Paul Nicholls had told me Zarkandar was going to have one race prior to the Triumph and somebody started telling everyone he was going straight to the Triumph, well then yes I would have said that info was misleading.

If you read my post I asked "Would you have said the same if Paul Nicholls said the plan for Zarkandar was the Triumph before he jumped a hurdle in a race?" there was no mention of a prep run.

This may be the case but observations mean little without examples, can you provide some?

Lol, so the burden of proof is on me :)
    Not off the top of my head but I will return if I see where you did it.

Furthermore, you are failing to read my posts correctly. I never put any burden of proof on Ste. I simply stated his source had supplied misleading information, I did not request that he state who his source was.

The inference was his source was clueless or an idiot which resulted in Ste checking this. A burden of proof generally lie with the person making the claims so in this case Ste.

Again, you are failing to read my posts correctly. I never suggested he wasn't going for the Triumph.

Ste stated that his source informed him that "Minsk was a definite for the Triumph".
    I am not sure whether he means (1) he is a sure thing to win or a (2) sure thing to participate. If it was the former (1) than that would have been incorrect, the latter (2) would have been correct to my knowledge as of two weeks ago.

I took this as he is running in the Triumph and concluded that you were saying you knew he wouldn't. I accept that was probably a miscalculation on my behalf.

I have already stated numerous times that I have no interest in discussing the who or how I am aware that the info was misleading. Just as I have no interest in finding out how Ste's source is and have never requested so. I have also stated that I do not care if people do not believe me (although I have since been proven correct), it bears no relevance on me and I will not be baited into discussing the issue further.

If you are going to respond can you please read my posts correctly, I have established three separate instances where you have questioned something that has already been stated in my previous posts. Cheers

That's fine and your perogative but I don't think saying a guy in the yard knows a mate of mine and says he won't be running there or whatever would get back as you could be anyone that knows anyone in the yard.

I am well able to read thanks very much, perhaps we can all read a but better.

I deleted my post after I saw Ste's confirmation that his mate was waffling and responded as you took the time to reply.

In fairness lads this is my mates fault and my fault for posting. He said last night he was definitely going for the triumph. I asked without even jumping a hurdle your confirming that he's going..he said yes..my response was how.. if he hasn't even jumped a hurdle (inferring what we All thought, what happens if his hurdle debit was a disaster etc..) I then asked so what your saying is he's going straight to chelt and he said yes..I don't know whether he was under pressure or what and answered stupidly..but that's what happened..I thought questionIng was enough to confirm (as would both of u if he was completely genuine). Huntey raised his doubts and rightly so whatever way it was communicated. So I waterboarded him and brought out the gimp and got the truth..
    I'm sure he's going all going well on his debut. Anyway looking forward to the weekend seeing how ut de sivola gets on if he races
    Either way I think we are hijacking the forum for antepost.

I'll get things back on topic,

Minsk for the Triumph Hurdle at 10's.

ste2010 wrote: »
    I poked more holes in his
    gimp
    I waterboarded him
    last night he was definitely going for the triumph
    I then asked so what your saying is he's going straight
    and he said yes
    Either way I think we are hijacking
    the gimp
    and
    going straight to chelt

Very disturbing and off topic but at least you are going to Cheltenham :D

• Advertisement

I poked more holes in his
    gimp
    I waterboarded him
    last night he was definitely going for the triumph
    I then asked so what your saying is he's going straight
    and he said yes
    Either way I think we are hijacking
    the gimp
    and
    going straight to chelt

Very disturbing and off topic but at least you are going to Cheltenham :D

I am crying with tears of laughter here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Barry Connell on ATR

Minsk hopefully to run at Fairyhouse & he'd need to win very well to consider the Triumph

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

DO NOT ,have any bet until the day.

sting60 wrote: »
    DO NOT ,have any bet until the day.U are a fool like everyone else bar the bookies.Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease wait.Im not so sure about ,the stayers,Champion hurdle,Gold Cup, all three favs will not win.I think ,layed Big Bucks wont win to 7,000e.Hurricane fly lay 4,570e, Long Run lay 8,5750e .I think my nap is Big Bucks not to to win [.GET ON]

Good God. I hope you are using monopoly money.

DO NOT ,have any bet until the day.U are a fool like everyone else bar the bookies.Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease wait.Im not so sure about ,the stayers,Champion hurdle,Gold Cup, all three favs will not win.I think ,layed Big Bucks wont win to 7,000e.Hurricane fly lay 4,570e, Long Run lay 8,5750e .I think my nap is Big Bucks not to to win [.GET ON]

Gadzooks man, you need to re-read the instructions I left:

Unblock the sink with the drain fluid
    Drink the beer

Guess I am going to have to get the plunger out when I get home ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Well gargled frinds over for the rugby last night wrote this post,just saw it this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knockostia

I'd get on Darroun quick enough for triumph, represents excellent value, line been drawn in form, mullins best prospect, don't think the novice english hurdlers are that good, 20-1 still with ladbrokes, also tipped to me by a man in the know when still available @ 100-1 on betfair

You would have to pay me to back an Irish horse in the Triumph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knockostia

Why is that Hunty?

• Advertisement

Because they never win. The form of Irish trained horses in the Triumph is pretty brutal.

Your 100-1 is a lovely bet to lay though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Because they never win. The form of Irish trained horses in the Triumph is pretty brutal.

This is true. But if a horse is good enough to win it should, it doesn't matter if it is Irish or not

UrbanSea wrote: »
    This is true. But if a horse is good enough to win it should, it doesn't matter if it is Irish or not

I wouldn't dispute that, but I would be slightly hesitant about backing one from over here unless I felt it was a bit special.

I backed Countrywide Flame each way at 6/1 as I was very unsure of Ut De Sivola's form (and the others by association)

I won't be touching any Irish horse in the Triumph, it's historically a race we've struggled in also

More on Minsk:
    Minsk set for jumping bow

Minsk is on course to make his eagerly awaited National Hunt debut at Fairyhouse later this month.

The Dalakhani gelding is a 10-1 shot for the JCB Triumph Hurdle at Cheltenham next month, mainly down to his form on the Flat. He won his last three starts for trainer John Oxx, culminating in the Irish Cesarewitch, where he romped home by five and a half lengths.

Owner Barry Connell sent Minsk to Dessie Hughes to be trained for a hurdling campaign, with the Triumph the target should all go well, and it looks like the Winning Fair Juvenile Hurdle at Fairyhouse on February 25 will be his only public outing before Cheltenham.

"He's good. He's going to Fairyhouse for the Winning Fair on the 25th," said Hughes.

"That will probably be his only run before Cheltenham. It might be enough. It just depends on the company he faces and how he runs.

"I expect him to be in top form for it. He likes the hurdles, but we'll see how he takes to them when he runs."

Anyone else think Hisaabaat is a huge price for the Triumph @ 55 on Betfair?

I hope some of you got stuck in, now in to 20. He seemed to travel very nicely today and hopefully quicker ground will be the making of him.

Anyone else think Hisaabaat is a huge price for the Triumph @ 55 on Betfair?

I hope some of you got stuck in, now in to 20. He seemed to travel very nicely today and hopefully quicker ground will be the making of him.

Got on at 33's a while back :-) wrote him off since to be honest and had a sneaky smirk on my face today!
    Still not to sure about him winning in chelt though. Hopefully...better ground...still think sous les cieux will do well at chelt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/pique-sous-cheltenham-festival-unaccompanied-to-skip-festival-says-weld/987009/

Unaccompanied out of Champion Hurdle to concentrate on a flat campaign. What you guys think?

• Advertisement

Well gargled frinds over for the rugby last night wrote this post,just saw it this morning.

Gargled as in your still laying the 3 of them but you were joking about the amounts?

Advertisement