Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

hucklebuck wrote: »
    I would rather Gavins bet than the one I did in December, like a greedy **** I threw in Hidden Cyclone.
    Just in case you didn't lose enough. That grans crus double could be on again, he's running this weekend..just in case your looking at losing a few more bob antepost..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stable.jpg

This has gone right over my head, do explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Stable door is open, horse has bolted etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

You must be tiny, smaller than a half door :D

Captain Conan 3-1 f for the deloitte...but 33-1 in the supreme?????

• Advertisement

I've been told Minsk is a definite for the triumph.

ste2010 wrote: »

Definite would seem a bit OTT, he has never jumped a hurdle in public never mind in the heat of battle in a Triumph, he's flat rating would suggest though that if he takes to it he will be right there.

Any plans for his debut, they will hardly go to Chelt unraced??

Definite would seem a bit OTT, he has never jumped a hurdle in public never mind in the heat of battle in a Triumph, he's flat rating would suggest though that if he takes to it he will be right there.

Definite is OTT if we factor in sickness or situation change etc.
    I asked the same question as you premierstone and was also as surprised..
    My mate has connections in the stable. As far as he is concerned the 1st hurdle Minsk will jump will be in the triumph.
    If I have left another message to confirm that 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

My mate has connections in the stable. As far as he is concerned the 1st hurdle Minsk will jump will be in the triumph.

And can your mates connections guarantee this horse will win ??? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knockostia

I think Darroun seems like good value @ 20-1 with PP.backed him myself @100-1 on betfair a few weeks ago. only €5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

Some of the "inside info" that gets spouted around this place is ridiculous.

Your mate either hasn't a clue or is lying to you.

Huntey wrote: »

Some of the "inside info" that gets spouted around this place is ridiculous.

Your mate either hasn't a clue or is lying to you.

Have you got information that would suggest otherwise?

Slattsy wrote: »

And can your mates connections guarantee this horse will win ??? ;)

Yep they have arranged a few snipers on the hill just in case :D

I do not need or want to act like a big man spouting information around that seems so frequent here.

However, for the benefit of those that may take account of what you have said I just want to ensure that they realise that what you have posted about Minsk is misleading.

I do not need or want to act like a big man spouting information around that seems so frequent here.

However, for the benefit of those that may take account of what you have said I just want to ensure that they realise that what you have posted about Minsk is misleading.

Ok so are you saying you have more information then, please share because what your doing is saying my statement is misleading?
    If it's misleading then I have a misleading source.
    I confirmed last night when I spoke to my source and I am waiting for 100% confirmation by asking the same questions again today you can see this on my post to premierstone..my doubts are and were as big as yours now. .if you don't know more info And you knew anything about my source you might think a little differently..

I'm not sure what your suggesting about being a big man. I would never associate sharing information on boards.ie With becoming a bigman trying to understand why you find this association.

I am a bigman without boards and horse racing. If you go to the ladies pleasure forum you will see this :-)

Let me confirm with my source again an if I'm wrong I'll be sure to share any other info privately..a bit of advice don't be so negative unless you have more information than I have, the info may prove useful someday. If you shared information I would take it at face..

I am not being negative, I just felt that it would be a bastard thing to do if I didn't let people, and yourself, know that your information about the horses prospects and preparation is misleading.

I have no interest delving further into the matter of knowing who or how, and it is no skin off my back should you or others not believe what I am saying.

I am not being negative, I just felt that it would be a bastard thing to do if I didn't let people, and yourself, know that your information about the horses prospects and preparation is misleading.

I have no interest delving further into the matter of knowing who or how, and it is no skin off my back should you or others not believe what I am saying.

But you are not actually saying anything, if you know something that contradicts the original post then share it with the group like a good lad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I've read a few interviews/quotes from Dessie Hughes saying the Triumph was the plan but if time ran out they'd be happy to wait for Fairyhouse/Punchestown.

I've certainly not got any "inside info" but I'd be shocked if a horse of such potential debuted in the triumph

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

the 40/1 about What a Friend in the Gold Cup looks a bit of value considering his good run last year. He has been trained this season with the Gold Cup and the National in mind according to nichols, and it wouldn't be a huge surprise if he could get place here..

But you are not actually saying anything

I am, are you missing the various posts where I have said his post is misleading?
    if you know something that contradicts the original post then share it with the group like a good lad ;)

You must also have missed the part where I said I have no interest in delving further into the topic of knowing who or how.

You should know about misleading info aswell considering the garbage you posted about HF going to be ruled out for the season from a reliable source.

I'm back to the formbook anyway, ante-post bets to be placed.

• Advertisement

I am, are you missing the various posts where I have said his post is misleading?

You must also have missed the part where I said I have no interest in delving further into the topic of knowing who or how.

You should be the last person requesting info aswell considering the garbage you posted about HF going to be ruled out for the season from a reliable source.

I'm back to the formbook anyway, ante-posts bets to be placed.

So you think its unreasonable for people to request you to back up your assertions, public forums maybe aren't for you.

Yes my info on HF was incorrect and I hold my hand up on that all I can say is I trusted the source at the time and had no reason to doubt him, obviously I wouldnt repeat any other info I may receive from him.

But I wont go on like a martyr of some sort, ''oh your wrong cos I know something you dont, but Im not going to tell you what the something is'' LOL I thought midterm wasnt untill next week :D

So you think its unreasonable for people to request you to back up your assertions, public forums maybe aren't for you.

Yes my info on HF was incorrect and I hold my hand up on that all I can say is I trusted the source at the time and had no reason to doubt him, obviously I wouldnt repeat any other info I may receive from him.

But I wont go on like a martyr of some sort, ''oh your wrong cos I know something you dont, but Im not going to tell you what the something is'' LOL I thought midterm wasnt untill next week :D

I never said it was unreasonable, just that I have no interest delving further into the matter.

You are totally inept of grasping anything I have said and have resulted to childish remarks to bait me into discussing the issue further. I have no interest in discussing it further, I have posted what I feel is relevant and whatever your views are on that do not bother me, so probably best to keep them to yourself.

So you obviously know more about Minsk but your refraining from giving the details I would assume. I will take this on board and interrogate my source violently :D . For the record I don't consider a source a randomer who knocks around a bookies. My source is good and has ties and family who works in horse racing.

Either way-I'll confirm to everyone as courtesy and a lesson will be learned either way

For the moment I would take your side huntey as you wouldn't put up an argument like that if u didn't know some more recent information

Just did a bit of digging myself re. Minsk and the plan is for him to debut on Feb 25 in Fiaryhouse, according to Hughes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Regarding Minsk

How can a horse get into a race such as the Triumph without having 1 single run over hurdles?

Surely they need to have one run to get entered into a race of that magnitude as i'm sure if he doesn't live up to expectations then there was a chance another horse had a chance of getting into the race :confused:

If he does run and wins it will be some training performance by Hughes but personally without seeing him jump a hurdle i wouldn't go near him in a race with some horses with good hurdles form

Just did a bit of digging myself re. Minsk and the plan is for him to debut on Feb 25 in Fiaryhouse, according to Hughes.

Cheer PS. Before I lynch my source I'll give him a chance to explain..he is reliable as they come. Whatever I get I'll share it's better to have info to prove for or against than not to have any at all IMO I will post pictures of his defacement if he is acting The clown!

it's better to have info to prove for or against than not to have any at all IMO

It's probably better to not mention anything unless you are 100% certain so you don't end up looking foolish IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

The first way I want to respond to you sir is, cough.. cough... "SAMAIN" :(

Ahem, it was around then that Zarkandar ran his first race of the season around then in his prep for the Triumph.

I believe you Ste, I am having a few bob ew.

Ste's source has already proven to be misleading and you still think this "info" is credible?

By all means have your few bob e/w, but don't do it based on the above gurgle.

• Advertisement

The first way I want to respond to you sir is, cough.. cough... "SAMAIN" :(

Ahem, it was around then that Zarkandar ran his first race of the season around then in his prep for the Triumph.

Wait for the confirmation...he's calling me in 5

Advertisement