Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.4 (now with the run-up to Christmas and BadGirl breaking it!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

Shiminay wrote: »
    I know! You'd think a Community Manager actively engaging with one of the Boards Communities would be seen as a good thing? :p

However, I have a lot of legal house-keeping to catch up on as well as a big project we've just got out the door for Mods that's been launched and will need some tweaking.

Also: NN Kitty!

Yeah, I guess those duties are the downside to being involved in boards. I wouldn't like them as much.

I do find your story about Doomy very interesting though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Night KKkitty, sleep well :)

G'night everyone :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Nina_G wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess those duties are the downside to being involved in boards. I wouldn't like them as much.

Yea, all part and parcel of the job. I've become extremely well versed in how the law applies to the internets as well as the go-to guy in the office on issues of data protection.

I do love the job though, for all the stress and strain it causes me (as well as the drain it puts on my mental health), I really don't want to ever do anything else. I was in the hotel trade before this and I worked as a software engineer before that, so I've had a varied career path and I honestly have no idea where I'd even want to go after having worked here :)

I think I shall take my leave too and get another few hours before the new day begins :)

NN everyone.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Yea, all part and parcel of the job. I've become extremely well versed in how the law applies to the internets as well as the go-to guy in the office on issues of data protection.

I do love the job though, for all the stress and strain it causes me (as well as the drain it puts on my mental health), I really don't want to ever do anything else. I was in the hotel trade before this and I worked as a software engineer before that, so I've had a varied career path and I honestly have no idea where I'd even want to go after having worked here :)

I think I shall take my leave too and get another few hours before the new day begins :)

NN everyone.

I'd love to find a job where I never wanted to do anything else.

NN Shim, I hope to talk to you another night :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

*Yawn*

Morning Lairlings *yawn*
    I feel like a zombie this morning (and probably look like one too!) Fell back asleep after the alarm went off, was half an hour late for work (when i work from home, go figure!) was more awake at 7.30 than I am now and am gasping for a cuppa.

My plans for my birthday next week have been fecked up, and I am a bit annoyed over that :( But today is my friday so I can't complain too much....

*yawn*
    I hope everyone is well and sorry for the Jedi mind tricks koth x x

I am going to get a cuppa and then hopefully get some work done instead of fecking around on boards.... :)

Happy Thursday everyone! :)

BG x

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm female and even though I've reasonably long hair I'm at an odd as what to do with it. I usually have it tied up but would love to leave it down but it's too unruly.
    sarahbro wrote: »
    I'm the same kitty!
    I went mad 3 years ago got bored and got the hairdresser to chop it all off!
    Had boy hair for a bit, grew it out, dyed bits of it purple, git bored, got rid of it, got bored dyed all hair orange then fire engine red, went on hols so got rid of red, dyed it brown, all the bleach has killed my hair so Im growing it out and now I'm bored again!
    KKkitty wrote: »
    Don't think I'd get the chop but I would like to dye it vibrant colours. Those vibrant schwarzkopf foam dyes look mental. Have my eye on the red one especially. With the dyes being foam would be easier to apply too. What colour will you go for next.
    BadGirl wrote: »
    *Yawn*

Morning Lairlings *yawn*
    I feel like a zombie this morning (and probably look like one too!) Fell back asleep after the alarm went off, was half an hour late for work (when i work from home, go figure!) was more awake at 7.30 than I am now and am gasping for a cuppa.

My plans for my birthday next week have been fecked up, and I am a bit annoyed over that :( But today is my friday so I can't complain too much....

*yawn*
    I hope everyone is well and sorry for the Jedi mind tricks koth x x

I am going to get a cuppa and then hopefully get some work done instead of fecking around on boards.... :)

Happy Thursday everyone! :)

BG x

aww bg that sux, what happened to your plans?

i has also been up since 9, and this flu needs to bugger off. in good news the mammy is getting the floor in her room laid today so progress is being made there. it means a hape of her stuff which is round the whole house can go back into the room later and we can move a bit freer. she is still sleeping on the couch at the mo tho as no bed has been sorted

hdowney wrote: »
    aww bg that sux, what happened to your plans?

i has also been up since 9, and this flu needs to bugger off. in good news the mammy is getting the floor in her room laid today so progress is being made there. it means a hape of her stuff which is round the whole house can go back into the room later and we can move a bit freer. she is still sleeping on the couch at the mo tho as no bed has been sorted

I had an appointment booked that needs to be rescheduled now, it's a minor pain in the grand scheme of things, nothing i can do about it.

I meant to ask you earlier, but does your house insurance not cover for the damage that the water tank/plumbers caused? Surely the replacement of the bed/floor etc would be covered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Top o' the morn BG & H!

Not a bad day outside, not bad at all.

• Advertisement

jammstarr wrote: »
    Top o' the morn BG & H!
    Not a bad day outside, not bad at all.

Morning Boys :)

Dull here KotE but it's ok....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I had an appointment booked that needs to be rescheduled now, it's a minor pain in the grand scheme of things, nothing i can do about it.

I meant to ask you earlier, but does your house insurance not cover for the damage that the water tank/plumbers caused? Surely the replacement of the bed/floor etc would be covered?

we don't have house insurance. council house. and at the moment the contents insurance is lapsed cos of lack of money. but also we think they wouldn't have paid out on the grounds that it was most likely caused by council plumbers when they were doing the hot tank :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Morning...

Alright KOTE and BZ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Very late reply :/

Just have 2 bad days in work and had to walk out of the canteen before I said something I'd regret to some idiots that started messing the setup for a large meeting that was about to start in 15mins :/

I think I just been to get some real sleep and a few days holidays...
    Hope you are ok BZ.... :(
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    Hi BZ, everything ok?
    hondasam wrote: »
    What's up BZ?

evening lair

Very late reply :/

Just have 2 bad days in work and had to walk out of the canteen before I said something I'd regret to some idiots that started messing the setup for a large meeting that was about to start in 15mins :/

I think I just been to get some real sleep and a few days holidays...

Can we use the 'Blast them with Píss' response here or is that reserved for AH??

There's no accounting for peoples stupidity BZ, and the effect that has on other people..... Hope everything is ok now! :)

I'd like to think we're above "Blasting" anything in here :p

Good morning all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Good morning lair, how are we all today?

Just ignore them BZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I think "Drive nails through their eyes" is a better response.

Today it is too bright out and there is not enough coffee in the world.

Sharrow wrote: »
    I think "Drive nails through their eyes" is a better response.

Today it is too bright out and there is not enough coffee in the world.

*passes a pair of sunglasses*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

*passes a pair of sunglasses*

Thanks I already have mine on, prescription sunglasses.
    And people kept saying get reaction lenses, fúck no, those things are no good when you need to wear sunglasses in doors.

I have tea. Nails through their eyes works.

I have tea too.
    Tea is good.... Also a sausage and rasher sandwich is good :)

Jaysus what is it with work dickheads lately? I'm hearing about it more and more even in real life. Is it the R word making people into nasty bullies?

What's up Jam?

hondasam wrote: »
    What's up Jam?

No nothing personally with me, was just commenting on the amount of people on boards and in real life who are getting hassle of others in work.

Morning all :)

Morning Lee

How are you today Sam?

• Advertisement

Good Lee, I had an early night and slept late. how about you? what you up too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement