Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.4 (now with the run-up to Christmas and BadGirl breaking it!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

My sister watches it, haven't caught it himself as yet.

LOVE sons of anarchy, nothing too shabby about Jax Teller either :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    evening : ) *sips beer*

Hey Seph, how are ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

KKkitty wrote: »
    It's about a bikers gang and their trials and tribulations. Murder, deceit, and heartbreak are all standard orders of the day.

You should give it a whirl. It's gritty and non precocious.

BadGirl wrote: »

LOVE sons of anarchy, nothing too shabby about Jax Teller either :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Hey Seph, how are ya??
    Jax is something else ;) hey Seph :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

If ye like SOA I'd recommend Justified :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Ugh just work and there's someone in work wrecking my head lately. No matter what I do, she's on the attack and I'm fed up with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

hey there *drains rum&coke*
    sarahbro wrote: »
    Ugh just work and there's someone in work wrecking my head lately. No matter what I do, she's on the attack and I'm fed up with it
    Go on the offensive

If she's not your boss or someone in authority tell her where to go. If people are like that it's usually as a result of either low self esteem or someone who feels threatened by you. Maybe she knows you're better at your job than she ever would be and can't stand being outdone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

If she's not your boss or someone in authority tell her where to go. If people are like that it's usually as a result of either low self esteem or someone who feels threatened by you. Maybe she knows you're better at your job than she ever would be and can't stand being outdone.

I'd be saying the same, but I think Sarah got a trainee manager's position (correct me if I'm wrong!) so it wouldn't be in her best interests to..

Only thing you can do Sarah is bite your lip and forget she even exists!

Leeg17 wrote: »

I'd be saying the same, but I think Sarah got a trainee manager's position (correct me if I'm wrong!) so it wouldn't be in her best interests to..

Leeg is right. I'm stuck at the minute. I want to tell her to shove her opinions where the sun don't shine but I have to think of how I look, with being on the course.
    We do the same job. I'm kinda over her but.not really (this course makes my position a grey area at the min).
    It's just beyond a joke now. She's bitching about me to other staff (silly her - they talk to me!) and sending me awful texts but doesn't have the balls to say anything to my face!
    It's just frustrating now. It's so childish.

It's disgusting when someone acts like that in the workplace. People have a days work to do and people behaving like that is highly immature and pathetic.

• Advertisement

Leeg is right. I'm stuck at the minute. I want to tell her to shove her opinions where the sun don't shine but I have to think of how I look, with being on the course.
    We do the same job. I'm kinda over her but.not really (this course makes my position a grey area at the min).
    It's just beyond a joke now. She's bitching about me to other staff (silly her - they talk to me!) and sending me awful texts but doesn't have the balls to say anything to my face!
    I feel for you. Is there anyone you can talk to about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Fuck her anyway. Bit stupid of her to be sending you texts though. One could almost use them against her. Do ye have a HR dept where you work?

Even if you're not going to report her, do yourself a favour and take note of anything that she's doing thats out of line. Just something that has the date, approx. time, and an outline of what she's doing.

I've talked to the manager over my section yesterday about it and she said she will talk to her Friday. But I'm debating whether or not I want her to. It could just cause more crap and the last thing I want is abusive messages while I'm away at the weekend trying to forget about it all!

Edit: No jamm there isn't.
    KOTE I've it all written down. I'm not throwing about the "bully" word at all but it's ridiculous at this stage!

I've talked to the manager over my section yesterday about it and she said she will talk to her Friday. But I'm debating whether or not I want her to. It could just cause more crap and the last thing I want is abusive messages while I'm away at the weekend trying to forget about it all!
    Let the manager talk to her. This woman needs to be taught a valuable lesson that if she behaves inappropriately in work there will be consequences. She seriously needs taking down a peg or three.

The last thing you want when you're looking to improve yourself in work is someone holding you back / affecting you. Definitely keep a log as KotE said, you can always have it to hand if you do decide to officially report her

That's the joke kitty - she's 3 years younger than me! And works part time! And yet I feel sick going in when I know she'll be there.
    I'm disgusted with myself for letting another person make me feel so bad about myself and my capability in.work more than anything

That's the joke kitty - she's 3 years younger than me! And works part time! And yet I feel sick going in when I know she'll be there.
    I'm disgusted with myself for letting another person make me feel so bad about myself and my capability in.work more than anything
    Don't let yourself be treated like that. You're older so act bolder :) do your job and if she's behaving like this now if you don't do something about it she may get worse.

Aww try not to be Sarah! Best thing you can do is focus on your work (easier said than done), try not to let her ignore you and show her who the bigger person is :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

The last thing you want when you're looking to improve yourself in work is someone holding you back / affecting you. Definitely keep a log as KotE said, you can always have it to hand if you do decide to officially report her
    Oh yeah, paper trails are hilariously funny when the ****ers aren't expecting it.

Now, off to work I goes.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys :D
    Sorry for hogging the thread with my boring little problems!
    I'm off this weekend so don't have to face her til next weekend :D

Nobody should make you feel that way in work. If you get it established that you are above her in rank it might be an idea to get your line manager to explain it to this girl.

After that you can bring up any problems with her attitude or work ethic yourself.
    If that fails to reach her you'll have to bring in your line manager.

For the moment anyway, try not to let this person get to you. If its becoming a major issue speak to your manager and see what they think.

:)

Have you any plans for the weekend?

Don't be sorry. You need an outlet for your frustration and this is it. Everyone here is I'm sure willing to help with advice and even though I don't know you in person you seem too good to be dragged down to that juvenile's level. Rise above it.

I'm being whisked away to Wexford by himself Fri-Mon :D
    Any plans yourself?

Any plans yourself?
    Enjoy that :)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Where in Wexford are you off to?

Any plans yourself?

Verry nice, :D

The highlight of my weekend will be getting a haircut before the beers, I've a blonde afro at the moment :o

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

, I've a blonde afro at the moment :o

Pics or GTFO!!!

/checks thread...

Pics of the Afro plz! :P

• Advertisement

Where in Wexford are you off to?
    Staying in a hotel in the town (i think!)

@Leeg - pics or gtfo! ;)
    edit dammit beaten to it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement