Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.4 (now with the run-up to Christmas and BadGirl breaking it!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Nina_G wrote: »
    Morning all, hope you are all having a good one.
    Morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Mornin' girls [Edit: and Shim too :-)], having a good one I hope :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That sucks Kitty :(

Hello to you Nina.

[edit]
    Oh hai Jammy, didn't see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

KKkitty, hope you feel better soon, that sucks :(

Morning Shiminay and Jamm :)

p.s. I didn't see Shiminay's comment until after I wrote this, I do sincerely hope you feel better soon KKkitty.

Tell me about it Shiminay. It could be worse though so it's not all bad. At this stage would I still be considered as a noob in this forum?

• Advertisement

KKkitty wrote: »
    Tell me about it Shiminay. It could be worse though so it's not all bad. At this stage would I still be considered as a noob in this forum?

Probably some of these guys have been here years and years. I think it was set up in 2008, I must check that out :)

Maybe, there're no clear metrics as to when the transition happens :) You're a lot less n00b and more newer member though so you're making progress ;)

[edit]Yea, the forum was set up in 2008 after I won a raffle prize of a voucher to have a forum of my choice created. I was courted by the Facial Hair and Hats guys as well as the Nocturnals and ultimately chose Nocturnals cause Doom promised to dedicate a song on his album to me and I was working night shifts at the time :)

KKkitty, hope you feel better soon, that sucks :(

Morning Shiminay and Jamm :)

p.s. I didn't see Shiminay's comment until after I wrote this, I do sincerely hope you feel better soon KKkitty.
    Thank you :) had an ear infection so hence the antibiotics. When my doctor was examining my ear he said I had an angry ear which I found strange for a doctor to say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

There's a bug on some Vodafone facebook slot machine game for free credit. 50 tries and not two of the symbols match :rolleyes:

Leeg17 wrote: »
    There's a bug on some Vodafone facebook slot machine game for free credit. 50 tries and not two of the symbols match :rolleyes:

That's how they get ya Lee

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Maybe, there're no clear metrics as to when the transition happens :) You're a lot less n00b and more newer member though so you're making progress ;)

[edit]Yea, the forum was set up in 2008 after I won a raffle prize of a voucher to have a forum of my choice created. I was courted by the Facial Hair and Hats guys as well as the Nocturnals and ultimately chose Nocturnals cause Doom promised to dedicate a song on his album to me and I was working night shifts at the time :)
    Did Doom follow through with his promise?

Post onto the Vodafone forum Lee and let them know :)

He never did Kitty, but I have forgiven him for he is a king amongst men :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It's posted in BA, seems people are having the same luck as me :p

I don't think they'd take too kindly.. "Hey Darren, I've rolled that slot a good 200 times at this stage and got nothing"

KKkitty, €5, €10, €20, €25, €30 and €50 increments.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    How much free credit?

Thank you :) had an ear infection so hence the antibiotics. When my doctor was examining my ear he said I had an angry ear which I found strange for a doctor to say!!

Oh, that's terrible, I used to suffer from ear infections as a kid so I know how annoying they can be.

Once I went to my doctor and himself & a student doc took their time examining my ear. I wound up feeling like a guinea pig... he eventually gave me some antibiotics that cleared things up so I guess I forgive him. :D

I hope you feel better soon :)

Did he make good on his promise?

He never did Kitty, but I have forgiven him for he is a king amongst men :)
    The song is in his heart :)

The song is in his heart :)

He didn't! :eek:

I'm going to have words!

I have to be up at 9 in the morning, gonna be tough rising

jammstarr wrote: »

Hey Jamm, may I suggest multiple black coffees? :)

• Advertisement

Oh, that's terrible, I used to suffer from ear infections as a kid so I know how annoying they can be.

Once I went to my doctor and himself & a student doc took their time examining my ear. I wound up feeling like a guinea pig... he eventually gave me some antibiotics that cleared things up so I guess I forgive him. :D

I hope you feel better soon :)
    When my doctor asked what was wrong I said I feel like my head is about to explode. Your ear could have fallen off in that time. Did the student doctor have a look into your ear too.

When my doctor asked what was wrong I said I feel like my head is about to explode. Your ear could have fallen off in that time. Did the student doctor have a look into your ear too.

Yeah, he did, twice if I remember correctly. I felt like a lab rat.

It was awful. But I understand, the student doctor needed to be able to recognize a bad infection when he saw one again. I remember my doctor saying something about how close the infection was to my eardrum.

I was freaked out for about a week that the infection would win and I'd lose my hearing. :(

jammstarr wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Have 2 kids myself.

Yeah, he did, twice if I remember correctly. I felt like a lab rat.

It was awful. But I understand, the student doctor needed to be able to recognize a bad infection when he saw one again. I remember my doctor saying something about how close the infection was to my eardrum.

I was freaked out for about a week that the infection would win and I'd lose my hearing. :(
    Is there no pictures of ear infections in medical journals so they don't have to poke and prod at patients like that. After having it myself I can't imagine it being pleasant having 2 doctors poking at your ear. The antibiotics made my jaws hurt too.

Yea, I'm supposed to be in work at 9 too and somehow I don't think the boss will think of "dicking about on the Noc Forum" as being sufficient reason for being late when I have a whole heap of other Boards work for doing :)

Is there no pictures of ear infections in medical journals so they don't have to poke and prod at patients like that. After having it myself I can't imagine it being pleasant having 2 doctors poking at your ear. The antibiotics made my jaws hurt too.

Well it certainly wasn't the most pleasant thing I've ever experienced. They looked at my ear so much I thought something terrible must have been wrong with me.

But I do understand that GPs have students in from time-to-time and if them poking and prodding at my ear helped them to diagnose others quickly then I'm happy they did it.

I don't remember any effects of my meds but I hope you feel better soon.

Yea, I'm supposed to be in work at 9 too and somehow I don't think the boss will think of "dicking about on the Noc Forum" as being sufficient reason for being late when I have a whole heap of other Boards work for doing :)

Really? You're investing in the business you are all working on ...

I think he should cut you some slack :)

I'm off to the land of the zs everyone so goodnight, good morning and talk to you tomorrow :)

I'm off to the land of the zs everyone so goodnight, good morning and talk to you tomorrow :)

goodnight KKkitty :)

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I know! You'd think a Community Manager actively engaging with one of the Boards Communities would be seen as a good thing? :p

However, I have a lot of legal house-keeping to catch up on as well as a big project we've just got out the door for Mods that's been launched and will need some tweaking.

Also: NN Kitty!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement