Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Gah i am applying tomorrow for the test on the auld Octavia, just my luck :(
    That's in Nenagh so it could be different elsewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

he already has a car :confused:

It's called sarcasm (gently hinted at by the winking eye).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Nearest NCT date is the 20th of May :eek:

I didn't realise the waiting list was so long.

What about a retest then, I have to have my retest booked within 21 days.

Does this mean I can book the test in 21 days for a date in May to give me more time to get my car fixed :confused:

Or do I have to have all the work done within 21 days

(please don't say 21 days there will be tears)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

mrs crilly wrote: »

Does this mean I can book the test in 21 days for a date in May to give me more time to get my car fixed :confused:

I think its within 21 days, I also think the tester only checks only what the car failed on previously.

Correct me if im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The test has to be carried out within 21 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

max power of all speakers is 1200w (sub 500w max, 2 6.5 components at 345w max each). no idea on a ground yet. amp is 1300w max

345w for one 6.5", that can't be RMS. Do you have a link to the speakers? Actually all the gear. :)

draffodx wrote: »

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Well you can go over the date if you like but you have to do the full test all over. On a re-test it's just what you failed on. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I just thank the lord that I do have to go thru the NCT anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

dar83 wrote: »

Oh I know. Have heard them with a mongoose system.

/swoon.
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Well you can go over the date if you like but you have to do the full test all over. On a re-test it's just what you failed on. ;)

It's a money making racket. Mine failed in Drogheda on front tints, tracking & front left suspension.

Didn't change anything and on a retest in Ballymun it failed the tracking. I didn't change the tints. Didn't touch the coilover settings and the tracking was the one thing I feckin did get done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I think its within 21 days, I also think the tester only checks only what the car failed on previously.

Correct me if im wrong.
    draffodx wrote: »

When did I get 2 parrots? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

345w for one 6.5", that can't be RMS. Do you have a link to the speakers? Actually all the gear. :)

the vibe sek 60s are 115rms and 345w max each.
    the sub is 500w but i dont know the rms.
    the amp is a vibe slick a3 with a max rating of 1300w

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:mad::mad::mad: Fecking cyclists siitting at trafic lights in Dublin City Centre just at Georges St along comes some cyclist bangs into my wing mirror bends it right back pushes it back and cycles off without saying a word the cheeky git, luckily the mirror was ok but did losse the head a lil bit :o hit the button for the mirrrors to close in and it took a few attempts for it to start working again the rage was buliding with each push :o.

She still got a bit of a lecture when i caught back up once the lights went green for the sheer fact she hit of my car didnt even apologize or say anything and just cycled away no manners at all. Rant over.

:mad::mad::mad: Fecking cyclists siitting at trafic lights in Dublin City Centre just at Georges St along comes some cyclist bangs into my wing mirror bends it right back pushes it back and cycles off without saying a word the cheeky git, luckily the mirror was ok but did losse the head a lil bit :o hit the button for the mirrrors to close in and it took a few attempts for it to start working again the rage was buliding with each push :o.

She still got a bit of a lecture when i caught back up once the lights went green for the sheer fact she hit of my car didnt even apologize or say anything and just cycled away no manners at all. Rant over.

Haha i was just there a minute ago on the number 9 bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

the bus? ewww

the bus? ewww

I know and i better get used to it cos i could be using it more often now :(

Haha i was just there a minute ago on the number 9 bus!

In that case you probably just missed me by a few mins having a rant at the side of the road :pac:.

On a side note did see a Hyundai Veloster parked in Stephens green car park, took a stroll back to it as I didnt know what it was when I saw it, nice looking car I think.

No point in making a thread about this but I may just have to ask The AA anyway.

I had a windscreen replacement on my Passat before it finally went tits up.

Will this show up as a claim later in the year when I go to get a renewal or if I decide to switch insurer or shall I FINALLY reach my 3 years no claims bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i was in dublin last month. i needed to go to embassy. After that trip i just feel so sorry and have huge respect for patients Dublin motorist have. i swear to god, i wanted to stab every second cyclist!!! Its like rules do not apply to them!

1. 2 cyclist in cyclist lanes and decide to over take each other. both with mp3 on ears and do they even check whats behind? feck no! just go for it like a boss! and that is in very heavy traffic!

2. On the lights: you get swarmed by cyclist while you waiting for green light, they dont give a fusge, they will just go between cars like cockroaches!

3. When there is green light, you not just starting to drive, but you try to look everywhere if there are only 5 cyclist in front of you standing in "WALL FORMATION", or there are 10 more around your car,which will just undercut you!

4. Green? red? who gives a ****, cyclist just went across crossroad. all cars just slamed on the brakes! cyclist - I JUST DONT GIVE A ****!

honestly, my first ever proper driving in dublin and i was scared as ****! not cars and heavy traffic, but those damn cyclist!

• Advertisement

No point in making a thread about this but I may just have to ask The AA anyway.

I had a windscreen replacement on my Passat before it finally went tits up.

Will this show up as a claim later in the year when I go to get a renewal or if I decide to switch insurer or shall I FINALLY reach my 3 years no claims bonus

You'll have to check your policy to be sure but normally windscreen replacement doesn't affect your NCB. ;)

You'll have to check your policy to be sure but normally windscreen replacement doesn't affect your NCB. ;)
    I don't have the policy book here in Wicklow but I was just wondering if I needed to put it in as a claim while doing online quotes.

No panic yet as it isn't due until July.

I'm trying to budget for NCT, Holiday and Insurance between now and July

I don't have the policy book here in Wicklow but I was just wondering if I needed to put it in as a claim while doing online quotes.

No panic yet as it isn't due until July.

I'm trying to budget for NCT, Holiday and Insurance between now and July

I would be 99% sure it won't affect it dude! :cool:

Lads do you need your registration document for the nct retest. I need to do a transfer of ownership on the e46 and not sure it will be done within the 21 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I never needed one for a retest. Photocopy it just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Coming back home today and on the M50 near Finglas. Met a truck that I second glanced. Didn't get a picture for obvious reasons but on the far left of the trailer "Only gimps pass on the inside"

What a pack of legends ! :)

Think it was Pearl Transport Cork or something like that. Anybody else seen them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

That's in Nenagh so it could be different elsewhere :)

I had the same problem in nenagh, but in tullamore it was pick your day and time.(and ive found they are not arseholes in tullamore....personal opinion:D)

pred racer wrote: »
    I had the same problem in nenagh, but in tullamore it was pick your day and time.(and ive found they are not arseholes in tullamore....personal opinion:D)

Never had an issue in an NCT center but you never know

Just rewatching the bad weather of 2010 on TV3.

It still amazes me how bad the conditions were on the roads

• Advertisement

It still amazes me how bad the conditions were on the roads

I was in Galway then and now that I'm back home in Cork I drive by the bits that flooded and find it hard to believe they were under four foot of water back then.

The Kingsleigh hotel car park entrance :eek:

Kingsley-1.jpg

And The Lough frozen solid with hundreds of people walking on it, never thought I'd see that day either.

2009_0319Prelude_clean0011.jpg

Still, some thick feckers chancing it with prams and buggies etc :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement