Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

jenizzle wrote: »
    I've been renting for 10 years or so, feel free to fire any questions at me. There's also an Accomodation and Property forum, you might find what you need in there

Thanks will have a look on my break and I will send you a pm later if you don't mind ;)

mrs crilly wrote: »
    If there are any experienced house / apt renters out there can they drop me a pm I have some questions I wanna ask about landlord obligations please :)

You'd be better off asking experienced landlords about their obligations tbh :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

RoverJames wrote: »

Some landlords are usually less aware than their tenants about their obligations ;)

So too some tenants :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Is Atlantic 252 still going?!

I was just thinking the same thing! That used to be a great station back in the day :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've been renting for 10 years or so

10 years?! :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I was shipped off to the big schmoke from the boglands at 17 :D

That's normal for a lot of people in their late 20's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I was shipped off to the big schmoke from the boglands at 17 :D

That was young! I got out at 20 so 6yrs renting now, back home for a few months after I got back from NewZealand though.
    Had to get a job & a few pennys together again! Savings took quite a hit :eek:
    BDJW wrote: »

Most, not you two mammys boys though :p

:pac:

Jemmy wrote: »

:pac:

Meh :pac:

• Advertisement

I am a landlady who doesnt really know a lot. I am now also about to become a renter myself so i need to learn. Fast!

Jemmy wrote: »

I'm in my mid twenties. I did rent for a while but I found it was a total and utter waste of money. My parents' house is closer to where I work and there's no traffic to deal with in the mornings.

They're happy to have me there and I'm happy to be there. I pay rent every month along with servicing & valeting their cars and I do all the gardening so I feel I'm earning my keep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I'm in my mid twenties. I did rent for a while but I found it was a total and utter waste of money. My parents' house is closer to where I work and there's no traffic to deal with in the mornings.

They're happy to have me there and I'm happy to be there. I pay rent every month along with servicing & valeting their cars and I do all the gardening so I feel I'm earning my keep :D

Ah I'm only joking! Sure whatever works for you, I've more peace & quiet away from home than I would staying there. :rolleyes:
    Plus if I lived at home I'd be spending as much on petrol as I would renting so just all made sense for me to move to dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Drove the Corsa C for the first time today. It's the 1.2 auto. Not what you'd call nippy but fine for city driving. Kickdown is a bit weird. Foot to the floor it'll accelerate well, but lift off even a bit and it'll get confused and go into neutral until you lift off completely. Very strange. The steering is notchy with feck all feedback, but it understeers less than my old Alfa. There are four different brands of tyre on it and the NCT is due in August, time for a set of partworns methinks.

Overall it's a grand car for the driving environment it's used in.

Confab wrote: »
    ......... the Corsa C ................ it understeers less than my old Alfa. .................

Seriously? Are 156s bad for understeer? I've only driven two of them but didn't find them prone to it.

Seriously? Are 156s bad for understeer? I've only driven two of them but didn't find them prone to it.

Mine understeered like a mofo, to use the technical term.

At this stage I'm thinking you couldn't drive a nail Confabbers :pac:

At this stage I'm thinking you couldn't drive a nail Confabbers :pac:

I'll admit that I'm not the world's greatest DIY expert alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

MugMugs wrote: »
    Do they not still stick a Garda there ?

Never seen Gardai there in me life, why have you?

I'll admit that I'm not the world's greatest DIY expert alright.

Well at least your honest and admit it rather than attempt to do something and butcher it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Are they recent pics Marlow..

Winter 2010.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Right, my pioneer head unit arrived today and there is a good few scratches on the front of it which i will be seeking some remuneration from the seller for. Is there any product that might reduce these scratches and scuffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

sean1141 wrote: »
    it says ed30 spec in the add.. not ed30 for sale. guess its a gti with all the ed30 bits...

dont know if these are any good to you jimbob

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=78093

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=79817

Thanks that 2nd one looks really nice if i could haggle down abit but still won't have the money for afew weeks, cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I was just thinking the same thing! That used to be a great station back in the day :cool:

It's now RTE R1long wave -very useful for the diaspora!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Never seen Gardai there in me life, why have you?

Yeah, saw a Garda writing some people up once or twice..... Thats going back a while mind you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Drove the Corsa C....

....it understeers less than my old Alfa.

I don't buy that. Talking as someone who had a Corsa and has driven a few Alfa 156s.

Anyone who suggests anything about a Corsa is superior to an Alfa, minus running costs and timing belts, ought to see a shrink :pac:

*btw I despise those little rotboxes people call corsas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Have to come up with a comedy sketch that includes 4 people for a presentation on Thursday evenin'. Also has to reference to work. FML. One of the lads said Air Band to a song that relates to Maccers. (Not The Fast Food song.)

I've suggested Danger by Electric Six. :pac:

We're screwed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Is Atlantic 252 still going?!

Its RTE1 these days, I miss Atlantic 252 :(

Johntegr wrote: »
    Have to come up with a comedy sketch that includes 4 people for a presentation on Thursday evenin'. Also has to reference to work. FML. One of the lads said Air Band to a song that relates to Maccers. (Not The Fast Food song.)

McDonalds service Faulty Towers style, something like that?? Somebody play the spanish dude taking the orders!

• Advertisement

Johntegr wrote: »

If you worked for BK you could use Rammstein's Feuer Frei! to reference flame-grilled burgers but alas, not possible with Maccers :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement