Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

^ and RJ out on it in the ZT :D

I had the little 216 back then :)

The winter of 2010 seems like decades ago to me now that I think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

RoverJames wrote: »
    I had the little 216 back then :)

The winter of 2010 seems like decades ago to me now that I think of it.

Am I the only one who loved driving in all that snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I got stuck in the house with lots of beer and spirits for a week.

It was TERRIBLE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i just remember going into ucc the morning after and seeing the western gateway building and the glucksman gallery.....it was fun!

• Advertisement

Wasn't too much of it in Galway I think, I only had a mile or two to drive to work at the time, traffic used to crawl on a good day so the snow made little difference to proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

i was in dublin last month. i needed to go to embassy. After that trip i just feel so sorry and have huge respect for patients Dublin motorist have. i swear to god, i wanted to stab every second cyclist!!! Its like rules do not apply to them!

1. 2 cyclist in cyclist lanes and decide to over take each other. both with mp3 on ears and do they even check whats behind? feck no! just go for it like a boss! and that is in very heavy traffic!

2. On the lights: you get swarmed by cyclist while you waiting for green light, they dont give a fusge, they will just go between cars like cockroaches!

3. When there is green light, you not just starting to drive, but you try to look everywhere if there are only 5 cyclist in front of you standing in "WALL FORMATION", or there are 10 more around your car,which will just undercut you!

4. Green? red? who gives a ****, cyclist just went across crossroad. all cars just slamed on the brakes! cyclist - I JUST DONT GIVE A ****!

honestly, my first ever proper driving in dublin and i was scared as ****! not cars and heavy traffic, but those damn cyclist!

Just to give the flip side, I was cycling into Blessington on that steep climbing curve on the N81. Its a narrow lane with no hard shoulder. I kept out as cars were taking their chances and squeezing me into the barrier.

Everything was fine until this little scumbag in a 1l polo sits a foot from wheel and starts to rev the engine and the occasional beep as he could not get past me for 60 seconds. I ignored him.

To be honest if I had met him in blessinton I would not have hesitated in pulling him out of his car and saying a few words.....

Moral of the story. There is plenty of thick/ignorant motorists and cyclists. Try not to worry about them, karma and darwinism will sort them out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Found out how much e90 car mats are today - i was gobsmacked!! 120 euro :O

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

No no ND, in celebrating Alan's new micra I was posting last night, being nostalgic about all driving I had in the OHs Micra in the snow... Although I'm guessing you were driving something a tad more powerful:pac:

****ing loved the snow. One of the few things on the road was the mighty defender. We had to make a radiator jacket to allow the engine to get up to temp it was that cold though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

DIdn't mind it myself just couldn't tolerate those who couldn't drive in it but insisted on trying ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I bought my 1989 Audi 200 Quattro in Oct 2010, had winter-tyres on it 3 days after the snow started. (shipping didn't go as fast as planned)

So with the summer tyres, rear diff-lock engaged, side-ways drifting through car-parks and with the winter tyres and 4wd overtaking 30 km/h muppets on the country roads with a 200 bhp 2.2 turbo 22 year old car at full throttle.

What more do you want ?

/M

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I got stuck in the house with lots of beer and spirits for a week.

It was TERRIBLE :pac:

I kept taking the wifes IQ out in the snow.....it couldn't find a road that it couldn't get down. Overtaking stuck 4x4's got some strange looks.:D

DSCF1203.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

Who'd have thought they have their uses? :P

No no ND, in celebrating Alan's new micra I was posting last night, being nostalgic about all driving I had in the OHs Micra in the snow... Although I'm guessing you were driving something a tad more powerful:pac:

See above:P

The skyline was well and truly stranded:eek:
    DSCF1202.jpg

Mise on the bonnet. Before the second and larger snow.

CiiIl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

M5 and 7-series properly covered in snow.

164684_479266593681_698008681_6004885_2096954_n.jpg

Roads a disaster for anything RWD without winter tyres
    156923_479266418681_698008681_6004876_3681971_n.jpg

No issues with this though
    163120_477919513681_698008681_5982573_735852_n.jpg

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

BX 19 wrote: »
    To be honest if I had met him in blessinton I would not have hesitated in pulling him out of his car and saying a few words.....

Moral of the story. There is plenty of thick/ignorant motorists and cyclists. Try not to worry about them, karma and darwinism will sort them out. :D

Was driving through Dundalk today, past St. Vincents school and as usual, parents had blocked up the entire road waiting on kids to come out. Its crazy there at 4pm, a really, really wide road is reduced to 1.5 lanes by lazy arseholes parking along side parked cars on both sides of the road.

I was crawling along and suddenly everything came to a stop, traffic choc o block. There was a car ahead pulled in, but the cars behind couldn't overtake because the oncoming traffic was being blocked by an arsehole i'd just passed, pretty much parked in the middle of the road with the engine off.

The woman next to me stuck behind your man wasn't beeping him or flashing, just sitting there waiting for him to move. One guy holding up all the traffic in both directions, 30+ cars for 2 minutes easy. I said ffs, put the car in park and jumped out in the middle of the road and started jogging up to him about to rap on the window to get him moving when he suddenly either realises what he's doing or sees me coming and starts up and moves off just as i'm reaching for the window. Got a few beeps of thanks, but it makes my blood boil that stuff.

I'm so aware of pissing other motorists off that i'd be mortified if I inconvenienced anyone, let alone held up that much traffic. :mad:

Study is done, test is in 5hours. Love college! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Are they recent pics Marlow..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Morning, fecking sick of this cold weather in the mornings! It's April FFs! :(
    There is something really bad, if I need to buy coal in the middle of april!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Mc Love wrote: »
    Found out how much e90 car mats are today - i was gobsmacked!! 120 euro :O

Keep an eye on BMW-driver, they have a group buy on them every so often. I got my last set for less than half that with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

If there are any experienced house / apt renters out there can they drop me a pm I have some questions I wanna ask about landlord obligations please :)

Was driving through Dundalk today, past St. Vincents school and as usual, parents had blocked up the entire road waiting on kids to come out. Its crazy there at 4pm, a really, really wide road is reduced to 1.5 lanes by lazy arseholes parking along side parked cars on both sides of the road.

Do they not still stick a Garda there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Boss isn't in today, aww no! :D
    Study is done, test is in 5hours. Love college! :(

You're prob starting the exam now but best of luck anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Careful out on the roads people! Got a skid in my van while turning onto a minor road... Cant of the road didn't help and van tyres are not meant for wet performance but still be extra careful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Just a quick question people:

How many of you out there have LongWave (LW) on their radios still? The radio I put in on Saturday has it and there are still stations broadcasting! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    OSI wrote: »
    Something not right there, it's missing the Edition 30 badge, and the ED30 had more than 200BHP

The Red '07 as had a good bit done to it, RNS510 fitted, painted VW Emblem, GTI inserts on the seat lift bar, bigger wheels etc.

And cream moocow interior is the best of the lot :P, doesn't really work with black exterior though in my opinion.

it says ed30 spec in the add.. not ed30 for sale. guess its a gti with all the ed30 bits...

dont know if these are any good to you jimbob

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=78093

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=79817

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

mrs crilly wrote: »
    If there are any experienced house / apt renters out there can they drop me a pm I have some questions I wanna ask about landlord obligations please :)

I've been renting for 10 years or so, feel free to fire any questions at me. There's also an Accomodation and Property forum, you might find what you need in there.
    dgt wrote: »
    Just a quick question people:

How many of you out there have LongWave (LW) on their radios still? The radio I put in on Saturday has it and there are still stations broadcasting! :eek:

Is Atlantic 252 still going?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement