Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Mine is "Just ike a golf" (sic)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Maybe we should get a Motors Club going

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Extra "A"'s added to thread title for added caddishness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

As a very rough show of hands, how many people would attend a motors meet in Dublin?

I know that the usual spot is very central for everyone but just putting the feelers out to see if it would be worthwhile organising a little something.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

yo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Fresh Brennans Batch loaf. Tons of butter. Tea. NYOM

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Fresh Brennans Batch loaf. Tons of butter. Tea. NYOM

Here we go again! :pac:

As a very rough show of hands, how many people would attend a motors meet in Dublin?

I know that the usual spot is very central for everyone but just putting the feelers out to see if it would be worthwhile organising a little something.

Yeah I would. Organised a fair few meets for driver.net I can guilt people into attending I am very good at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Welcome back mrs crilly!!!! What's the outside world like?

What's the outside world like?

It's really bad, trust me you do not want to go there.........

Too much debauchery but I took one for the team :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Looks like my bitching and moaning worked :D

Jaaaaaaaaaaag

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I would attend Dublin meets, bmw driver have midweek meets sometimes might suit some people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Itd suit me! Working every weekend means motors meets are gonna be rare for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

+1

Secretly afraid of going to Portlaoise in case Alfa didn't make it...

166man wrote: »
    Secretly afraid of going to Portlaoise in case Alfa didn't make it...

Your not the only one :o

Your not the only one :o

Want to split the cost of the AA cover?

Again secretly afraid this could be reality...

Want to split the cost of the AA cover?

Again secretly afraid this could be reality...

Well you could be really cheeky and just get somebody with AA to drive down with you as AA covers the member not the car ;)

To be honest I am on a bit of a tight budget so it's petrol money that might hold me back, poxy excuse I know but hey times are hard!

Well you could be really cheeky and just get somebody with AA to drive down with you as AA covers the member not the car ;)

To be honest I am on a bit of a tight budget so it's petrol money that might hold me back, poxy excuse I know but hey times are hard!

Rent's would be delighted I'm sure to go to Port Lousy for the day...:D

Completely understand, I have exams that week and serious amount of work to do plus lack of money after a recent night out means chances are slim but I'll see what the story is. The meets look like great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm currently addicted to Forza :)
    The online gaming is a bit sucky though just muppets crashing into you.
    Just did a race spec Nissan Leaf, great craic.
    My favourite so far is a Datsun 510 with a skyline engine swap on original tyres and suspension.

Am I the only one here that plays GT5?

*Forever alone* :(

Sure I'll be passing Ashbourne so you'll have no excuse.:P

• Advertisement

Yup. Now back to the PS3 corner. :pac:

18587424.jpg

Yep :pac:

The worst thing about it is, GT5 was the reason I bought a PS3. :mad:

Sure I'll be passing Ashbourne so you'll have no excuse.:P

Sorted, you can tow me all the way which means I won't spend a penny on petrol AND I won't break down!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

18587424.jpg

Yep :pac:

GT5 has bigger sales (worldwide) than Forza 3 and Forza 4 combined, now get back into your little Microsoft box :pac:

Sorted, you can tow me all the way which means I won't spend a penny on petrol AND I won't break down!

And I just got a DCI card so all my fuel goes on the company account from now on so it won't cost me anything either.:cool:

And I just got a DCI card so all my fuel goes on the company account from now on so it won't cost me anything either.:cool:

I'm not jealous.

On the other hand can I just say that AA fuel card is dangerous. I am swiping it like there is no tomorrow and then I get an awful shock when I find out that they have actually taken money from my account for it :(

I. Mean. Really.

GT5 has bigger sales (worldwide) than Forza 3 and Forza 4 combined, now get back into your little Microsoft box :pac:

That wouldn't surprise me tbh, I played GT5 once and wasn't a fan. I'll quite happily get back to my Microsoft box! Playstation controllers suck too!:pac:

OSI wrote: »
    Nope, I got GT5 as well. You can't get any decent steering wheel set-ups for the XBox, so I ended up getting GT5 for the PS3 to go with my G25 steering wheel. Awesome set-up.

Word. :cool:

Do ye find that the cars go slow, but on the speedo its showimg 100-200. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Traditionally motoring boardsies have had meets at Eddie Rockets in Walkinstown, that's actually where the first motors meet was held IIRC....

It's a fairly central place for everyone in Dublin, and it's pretty much on the N7 too for anyone coming up from the country.

Someone must organise one soon though.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement