Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

GT5 has bigger sales (worldwide) than Forza 3 and Forza 4 combined, now get back into your little Microsoft box :pac:

It does have a better heritage and a bigger Fanbase then Forza. Mind you I LOVED GT1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Traditionally motoring boardsies have had meets at Eddie Rockets in Walkinstown, that's actually where the first motors meet was held IIRC....

It's a fairly central place for everyone in Dublin, and it's pretty much on the N7 too for anyone coming up from the country.

Someone must organise one soon though.....

Charlestown in Finglas is handy as well. Lots of parking, Eddies is there and McDonalds and Kfc are opening soon. Or else spin out to Howth and get chips nyom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

VW are going to extremes .........

img04881.jpg

also who wants a ride in a garda car ? :D

img04891.jpg

They never said what kind of "ride" :pac:

also.... if your an owner driver in need of work with car, PM me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Traditionally motoring boardsies have had meets at Eddie Rockets in Walkinstown, that's actually where the first motors meet was held IIRC....

It's a fairly central place for everyone in Dublin, and it's pretty much on the N7 too for anyone coming up from the country.

Now youre talking thats only 5 mins down the road from me :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

My Scooby in Forza:

Forza8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

One for dgt, not the ad I was on about earlier, but you'll definitely like it

http://www.ina.fr/pub/automobile-et-transport/video/PUB545708052/fiat-bravo-brava-bravo-brava-elastica-pqf-8000f.fr.html

song is 2:1 by Elastica, if it seems familiar, it's also on the Trainspotting soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I saw the Forza 4 M5 clip on YouTube and am ashamed to admit I didn't notice it was real til half way through...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Croissant -check
    Pain au chocolat - check
    Coffee - check

Sunday morning brekkie in paris:D

Sometimes its the little things that make ya happy:p

pred racer wrote: »
    Croissant -check
    Pain au chocolat - check
    Coffee - check

Sunday morning brekkie in paris:D

Sometimes its the little things that make ya happy:p

Kearns sausages. Black pudding. Bacon. Batch bread. Doesnt matter what location your in that breakfast is muck get some proper food into ya!

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Kearns sausages. Black pudding. Bacon. Batch bread. Doesnt matter what location your in that breakfast is muck get some proper food into ya!

Except the Batch, thats all in the fridge,
    What did you think was for lunch?
    :D

• Advertisement

Except the Batch, thats all in the fridge,
    What did you think was for lunch?
    :D

Thats ok then! Those pastries wouldnt fill a gap in your teeth!

Yeah the ones in maxol!
    In a proper artisan bakery 2 pain au chocolats would be the size of yer head;)

I just had 3 pastries (coz im a fat baxtard:p) and i couldnt eat another!

Yeah the ones in maxol!
    In a proper artisan bakery 2 pain au chocolats would be the size of yer head;)

I just had 3 pastries (coz im a fat baxtard:p) and i couldnt eat another!

I would rather have a sandwich for my brekkie than them pastries :o

Me too, if im at home.....bacon sambo ftw.
    But over here you could turn into a dribbling idiot standing at the counter in my local patisserie.

Although ya cant get decent batch bread down the country, its just never fresh:confused:

Btw diesel is 141/L in paris and that includes road tax:p

Putting it in a 1.5 clio takes the good out of it tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

This from the weightwatchers woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Dar_IE is me on the Xbox. Wouldn't mind getting a bit of a Forza thing going. I've not really gotten too into it too much due to the online part being a bit meh when it's with people you don't know and the inevitable first corner pile up. :-/

Surprisingly I actually somewhat prefer GT5 to Forza, but that's mainly due to it being a bit more Sim and the steering wheel being so much better with it than the Xbox one is with Forza. I still haven't turned on GT5 in months die to the 2.1 update that came out and the painfully slow PS3 downloads to get it!

Metzger, what was that about an ST? Are you actually considering? :)

Marcusm wrote: »
    This from the weightwatchers woman!

Haha i was speaking from a male perspective! Somebody has to make sure you are all looking after yourselves properly!

Haha i was speaking from a male perspective! Somebody has to make sure you are all looking after yourselves properly!

Spoken like a true feeder... :P

I'm suddenly getting a strange wooden block in between the ankles and a lump hammer feeling about you Crilly...

Spoken like a true Irish Mammy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I need no help maintaining my 28 stones! You might make some money out of that ad a fetish!

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    I need no help maintaining my 28 stones! You might make some money out of that ad a fetish!

We could be onto a winner with that idea! Think of all the mods we could add onto the cars with the profit! We shall discuss this further! Right now im busy polishing my wheels in the hope the shine off them with detract the nct man from the fact my car has a transmission leak and the engine looks like it covered itself in tanning oil and sat in the sun for 50 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

It's snowing where I am and I've got that sinking feeling I'm back in work tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

johnos1984 wrote: »
    It's snowing where I am and I've got that sinking feeling I'm back in work tomorrow

Where are you John?

Jimdagym wrote: »
    johnos1984 wrote: »

Where are you John?
    Aberdeen. It's nice and sunny again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What has ya in Aberdeen John? I have family in Aberdeen.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    GT5 is a load of pants a serious load of pants. Despite the fact the games creator is a decent driver himself the games handling is beyond a joke.

I'm gonna assume you've played it with a decent wheel? And from the interior/bonnet cam and still feel this?

If there's one thing I've found instantly from GT5, it's that unless you are doing both of the above then the game does seem to be horrible. Funnily enough when you are using both of the above it handles as realistically as any console game I've played. The cars weight feels right, the shifting of the weight under acceleration/braking is seriously good (and necessary which is more important), but take away the decent wheel and it feels incredibly stiff and rigid and not at all engaging. Which is where I can agree with people that think it's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The first good few meets were held in Roscrea, we went karting in Roscrea once. Wasn't for a year or two later they were held in Dub.

Quazzie wrote: »
    What has ya in Aberdeen John? I have family in Aberdeen.
    My girlfriend is studying over here. I'm regularly over and back

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

i love my new car.

i feel as proud i felt when i was 17 in my first car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you just sitting in it in the driveway or does it work today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement