Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

no way Jose. the only other part ill do is the black plastic on the door frame http://www.motivemagazine.com/emAlbum/albums/Manufacturers/Opel/Aftermarket/Steinmetz/Astra%20(type%20H)/opel-astra-h-5-door-steinmetz-011.jpg

its after going kinda white on mine and looks horrible, so im gonna wrap that in black carbon. it'll tie in with the centre caps and wing mirrors (i hope)
    i ordered some red carbon vinyl earlier just for the laugh, see what it looks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

What about the wiper arms? Surely they are fading too? Ok I'll stop being a bad influence. For a while:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    What about the wiper arms? Surely they are fading too? Ok I'll stop being a bad influence. For a while:rolleyes:

Reminds me of this

i070110.jpg

FatherTedCar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Look, it's been covered. What we want is a thread that is suited to the Motoring forum, if this can't be adhered to then it'll be closed.
    Suited to the motoring forum means what, though? That everyone that wants to look at this forum has to be void of any sense of humor and leave all friendships at the door? If you think innuendos are out of place in a motoring forum, you'd feel like a nun in a garage I'd imagine.

Just because something's been "covered", doesn't mean it's not worth listening to peoples opinions. If that was the case, boards would be full of locked threads with single post answers to questions.

you just said 2 days ago original is best! :pac:

i really need advice on what sub and amp to get though.
    my new stereo is 4x50w and is supposed to be a very HU. ill be replacing my front 2 speakers with vibe sek 60s from my punto. the back 2 ill leave standard and just use the fader so they wont blow. i know the vibe seks are very good from before but i think i should amp them to get the best.
    my main concern is the sub however. i think its between a 10" vibe cbr sub and amp combo in the boot, or a flat subwoofer under my seat. i think id prefer the punchier and more accurate 10" over the 12" even without the lower bass. i dont know would the flat subwoofer have enough oomph though. if my memory serves me right i think voodoomelon has one in his car? a kenwood maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Suited to the motoring forum means what, though? That everyone that wants to look at this forum has to be void of any sense of humor and leave all friendships at the door? If you think innuendos are out of place in a motoring forum, you'd feel like a nun in a garage I'd imagine.

Just because something's been "covered", doesn't mean it's not worth listening to peoples opinions. If that was the case, boards would be full of locked threads with single post answers to questions.

Posting a pictures of a baby coming out of a woman is not something i would find in anyway humorous, i'm not sure what kind of humor you like.

Cheesey innuendos are out of place, this place doesn't have to have an OT thread, and it's not a private forum like anywhere else.

This has been dealt with, any further talk on this thread will result in bans. if you still have a problem, take it to pm

you just said 2 days ago original is best! :pac:

i really need advice on what sub and amp to get though.
    my new stereo is 4x50w and is supposed to be a very HU. ill be replacing my front 2 speakers with vibe sek 60s from my punto. the back 2 ill leave standard and just use the fader so they wont blow. i know the vibe seks are very good from before but i think i should amp them to get the best.
    my main concern is the sub however. i think its between a 10" vibe cbr sub and amp combo in the boot, or a flat subwoofer under my seat. i think id prefer the punchier and more accurate 10" over the 12" even without the lower bass. i dont know would the flat subwoofer have enough oomph though. if my memory serves me right i think voodoomelon has one in his car? a kenwood maybe?

Original is best:rolleyes:

You wouldn't need to fade at all if you just leave the back hooked up to the HU. Then get a 4 channel or 5 channel amp to power the sub and front speakers. Just make sure you don't get a monoblock amp for it or you will only get bass. Why not get a vibe amp if all the rest of your system is vibe? I usually try to stick to 1 brand since they work together better IMO.

i dont have any amp/sub yet and i would be going for all vibe unless i got for a flat sub. could i get a 2 channel amp for the front 2 and then the amp as part of the sub/amp combo for that?
    i know 1 amp for all would probably be easier but there doesnt seem to be much price diff. between just getting a sub. and getting a combo

Yeah nothing would stop you doing that either. I just found with the combined sub/amp I kept frying the amp. I got 2 under warranty until I finally just routed the wires out and hooked up to a separate amp. That was more than likely the design of the enclosure since it had no vents for heat out of the amp. Never had a problem with a separate amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

i dont have any amp/sub yet and i would be going for all vibe unless i got for a flat sub. could i get a 2 channel amp for the front 2 and then the amp as part of the sub/amp combo for that?
    i know 1 amp for all would probably be easier but there doesnt seem to be much price diff. between just getting a sub. and getting a combo

You can always go with multiple, maybe smaller amps. Like a 2 channel for the front or a 4 channel for front and rear and a monoblock for your sub.

The headunit will usually allow you to connect front/rear and bass independantly.

/M

• Advertisement

ive no interest in the 2 rear speakers really. i suppose it'll all depend on what price i get them for.
    does anyone have any experience with the flat subs.?

As we are on the matter of speakers does anyone know of mid-bass 3.5" speakers? All the ones I can find are 2 way with a little tweeter on them. I just want the speaker on it's own since the HK are blown and sound like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

ive no interest in the 2 rear speakers really. i suppose it'll all depend on what price i get them for.
    does anyone have any experience with the flat subs.?

None yet, but i'll be putting this yoke in this week, will let you know how it sounds.

sub.jpg

As we are on the matter of speakers does anyone know of mid-bass 3.5" speakers? All the ones I can find are 2 way with a little tweeter on them. I just want the speaker on it's own since the HK are blown and sound like crap.

search fleabay for a replacement?

Crutchfield is a fantastic site if you don't mind ordering from the States:

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_51100/3-1-2-Speakers.html?tp=96

just remember to take all charges into account

i was thinking this voodoo? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-WX11A-Space-Saving-Subwoofer-20-8X12-8cm/dp/B000HT76S8

edit: just looked at the price for the wx77a. ouch!

By all accounts the Pioneers seem to pack a punch for their size. I was considering a shape like that, but it wouldn't fit anywhere in my cabin. Even if it wedged 2/3 under my seat, I wouldn't want it there because it wouldn't look factory and eats up front/rear legroom. If you don't mind that, i'd go for it.

I'm bolting mine to the underside of the parcel shelf, but will have to figure out a way of porting it through to the cabin, as its essentially soundproof.

yeah ill have to make sure my measurements match up! i never carry passengers or stuff in the boot really so its much of a muchness. ill know what i want when i see it i suppose. id still like to know what you think of the sound/bass though when its installed please

No probs. Time for bed!

robbed this from BA....http://www.groupscheme.com/ie/vouchers/voucher-halfords.php?real-domain=ireland.groupscheme.com

can this be used with an axa card dya think?

• Advertisement

Don't think so dude

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Dundalk - Bundoran - Dundalk - Dublin and still 3/4 of a tank left. Niiiiiice !

Looks like I missed all the craic last night but with the description of what it was, I can't say i am too upset.

Anybody know what the deal is with running Biodiesel through a 08 D-4D with no DPF? Would it run and not cream the engine?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Dundalk - Bundoran - Dundalk - Dublin and still 3/4 of a tank left. Niiiiiice ! ...........

That's 250 miles to a 1/4 of a tank.
    Either incredibly economical or a woeful way of estimating :)
    (or a very large tank)

RoverJames wrote: »
    That's 250 miles to a 1/4 of a tank.
    Either incredibly economical or a woeful way of estimating :)
    (or a very large tank)

All quite rough. Tank was brimmed Sunday morning, commenced drive, pulled into Dublin this morning and it was just hitting under the quarter toward the half.

Woeful, yes but ignorance is bliss when I am trying to convince myself I did well :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

90 miles is the max you should get from quarter of a tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

All quite rough. Tank was brimmed Sunday morning, commenced drive, pulled into Dublin this morning and it was just hitting under the quarter toward the half.

Woeful, yes but ignorance is bliss when I am trying to convince myself I did well :cool:

Why not brim it again now and get a truly accurate reading. From what you've said about your driving, you'll use it all by the weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

conzymaher wrote: »
    90 miles is the max you should get from quarter of a tank!

Jaysus, even my car can get more than 90 miles from a quarter tank. It is a 22 gallon tank.

Crutchfield is a fantastic site if you don't mind ordering from the States:

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_51100/3-1-2-Speakers.html?tp=96

Nah I order from the US all the time. The only problem is they are all 2 way speakers so they won't fit into the E36 speaker surrounds.:(

adapters? ive to get adapters for any sort of speaker for my car

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »

Why not brim it again now and get a truly accurate reading. From what you've said about your driving, you'll use it all by the weekend anyway.

I shall. Hitting Galway this evening so will brim tonight and see how I do. I'm empty passenger wise until Friday. And then 5 heads and bags for cork (boy) so readings will be a bit skewed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement