Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

166man wrote: »
    t'fcuk they do! In a big supermarket when in France about 4 weeks ago at this stage, they were selling 5kg tubs of Nutella!

Yes I said that...5KG!:eek:

But nutella is not chocolate; the clue is in the name. It was designed as a cheap chocolate substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

got a front bumper!

Im going to prime her.

Do I spary the primer and sand it off and add another coat?

or do I spary on the primer and let it dry and just spray on another coat after that?

Spray on 4 coats of primer, making sure to let each coat dry thoroughly before applying the next one. When you're sure the final coat is fully dry, use 2000 grit wet & dry with water to smooth it off.

Just do the bare minimum of sanding as you don't want to eat down to the plastic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Marcusm wrote: »
    But nutella is not chocolate; the clue is in the name. It was designed as a cheap chocolate substitute.

They love the stuff regardless in France, whether it is chocolate or not(which it isn't :p) doesn't really come into the question, I was just in amazement you could actually go out and buy that much of it!

True, it's not chocolate, it's the cocoa that gives it the look and taste of chocolate.

Cadburys have a spread which I think is chocolate but I'm open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads. Stupid question incoming:

Can you use same coal for BBQ as the one you use in your fire place?
    It's a lovely day out here, but I don't have that special coal for BBQ :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Newer mind. "computer says no" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Johntegr wrote: »

Our maccers do crazy requests so it's no biggie.

Fried pickles. Always a late night favourite for the pregnoids. Do they still adjax the stainless steel presses? I used to HATE doing that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Fried pickles. Always a late night favourite for the pregnoids. Do they still adjax the stainless steel presses? I used to HATE doing that!
    Ajax feckin all the stainless in ours. Toilet roll dispensers, table legs, taps, etc. Fortunately it's in a spray nowadays instead of the powder so it's handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

They love the stuff regardless in France, whether it is chocolate or not(which it isn't :p) doesn't really come into the question, I was just in amazement you could actually go out and buy that much of it!

They eat all sorts of wierd stuff over here.
    All meat is rare including burgers and chicken:eek:
    Horse and frogs legs are nice.
    Snails are not.
    Drink in pubs is expensive 8 euro a pint maybe more.
    Drink in the supermarkets is nearly free:D

Dont ever expect indicators and you wont be dissapointed and if there is enough room between two cars on the roundabout to fit yours, keep er lit.
    If you have a little tip on said roundabout just shrug ur shoulders and drive away:D. I love paris!

pred racer wrote: »
    Snails are not.

Dont ever expect indicators and you wont be dissapointed and if there is enough room between two cars on the roundabout to fit yours, keep er lit.
    If you have a little tip on said roundabout just shrug ur shoulders and drive away:D. I love paris!
    Is it true you're not insured to drive on the Arc de Triumph?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

pred racer wrote: »
    Snails are not.

Horse and frogs legs are class
    Never had snails
    Never drank in a pub!
    Wine in trés cheap in the supermarkets about €3 or thereabouts...

Never driven there not sure if I'd like to though! Been there so many times at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Nobody seems to know!
    Horse and frogs legs are class
    Never had snails
    Never drank in a pub!
    Wine in trés cheap in the supermarkets about €3 or thereabouts...

Never driven there not sure if I'd like to though! Been there so many times at this stage!

Give it a go next time, its fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Probably a bit late but no!

It's not coal you use in the BBQ but charcoal which is usually from wood rather than coal per se. Not sure how hgh spec your BBQ is buti suspect normal coal might get a bit too hot once it gets going properly.

I thought the rule was that you were responsible for your own damage - a Parisian friend explained it as a convenient means to keep the traffic going as otherwise there'd be drivers blocking it exchanging details all day. Presume you could still claim from your own policy if comp. I'm heading there on Wed in the car and hope I don't have to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I've driven it and it's quite the experience. It's like the Walkinstown roundabout times ten. I was a bit under-whelmed by Paris though!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    It's like the Walkinstown roundabout times ten.

Ah the Walkinstown roundabout. Guaranteed to bring out THE FEAR to any learner driver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Paris is a sh!thole apart from the Eiffel Tower which was genuinely an amazing feat of engineering to me, Berlin is what you want.

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Ah the Walkinstown roundabout. Guaranteed to bring out THE FEAR to any learner driver :D
    I hate this roundabout.

It doesn't be busy but look at the poxy road markings. According to the markings, if you want the 2nd exit coming from Ratoath you have to be in the right lane, because the left lane forces you off left to go to Ashbourne. Same on the other entrances and exits. Bloody stupid ROTR contradictions all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Berlin is class alright, havent been there since the 90s though.

What's the German connection Ardennes?

• Advertisement

Just love the country, everything works as it should, no bull****. Love the history of the place and the fact they are always bailing our asses out. Its retarded that you cant fly to the capital of Germany from Cork though, and a real ballbreaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I was in Trier/Treves (near the border with Luxemburg) a few years back, Rural Germany is pretty cool too.

Paris is a sh!thole apart from the Eiffel Tower which was genuinely an amazing feat of engineering to me, Berlin is what you want.

I was pretty disappointed by Paris alright. The Tower, The Louvre and Notradame are worth seeing as is a walk on the Champs Elysee but outside that I found it a dirty, smelly expensive kip!

One city I was dragged to that I had zero expectations of and turned out to be great was Barcelona.

I was in Berlin for a weekend, boring kip of a place, Paris must be insanely sh1t if Berlin beats it, nice cheap cigars in Berlin in fairness though Paris no doubt has too. Chuckle chuckle at them bailing us out, shoe on the other don't now thanks to cowen and co.

RoverJames wrote: »
    I was in Berlin for a weekend, boring kip of a place, Paris must be insanely sh1t if Berlin beats it, nice cheap cigars in Berlin in fairness though Paris no doubt has too.

Cigars & Strip joints makes James a happy boy! :D

I hate this roundabout.

It doesn't be busy but look at the poxy road markings. According to the markings, if you want the 2nd exit coming from Ratoath you have to be in the right lane, because the left lane forces you off left to go to Ashbourne. Same on the other entrances and exits. Bloody stupid ROTR contradictions all over the shop.

I dunno how many cars have crashed into that roundabout! They just go straight through it instead!

I was in Köln, Schwerin and Berlin on a school tour back in 2001. I absolutely loved it!

The main thing I loved was being able to go into a music shop and buy Rammstein, Megaherz and Oomph CDs straight off the shelf. Not a hope of even getting Rammstein CDs here off the shelf at that stage :D

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Cigars & Strip joints makes James a happy boy! :D

WAs telling the lady behind the bar in a club over there that they should sell the ole cigars there as they didn't have the ban.

• Advertisement

really wanna go to Koln :( (Cologne)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement