Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 combatrock

Im glad Vodafone have legged it! The red logo on dubs jersey looked crap. Hopefully we get a new big sponser whose logo will look better..from a completely superficial point of view of course!! Speaking of which, so glad I won't have to wear the new Meath jersey..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

FMCT3705.jpg

new Monaghan jersey

FMCT3790.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

About time O'Neills introduce a few new styles of cut to their jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

Dublin and Galway have hexagons, it's Meath who have a checkered pattern like that

Honeycomb effect on those jersey's. Chequered on the new Monaghan.

I'd be very surprised if it was anything other than one team in blue and the other in white.

The other solution would be to do what was done in 2001:

INPHO_00050839.jpg

Both counties have the same 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice jersey colours and the choice of provincial colours too.

Maybe one can wear green and the other pink. Ha..ha! :eek:

It will be a toss of a coin. We will soon know by throw-in tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Limerick wearing blue at Croker today

That blue Limerick jersey is $hit hot. Pity it'll hardly be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Wicklow more the new change shirt featured here, albeit with white shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Just saw this on the Oneills site.. tasty jersey. The meath "supporters jersey"... Blue and green goes well

meath-2013-gaa-jersey-blue-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

A jersey purely to tie in with sponsors colours. What exactly even is a "supporters jersey"? Does it mean one that will never see the light of match day, but O'Neills can still flog for €62?

Like other codes, counties should be require to submit a primary and secondary kit to the GAA each January, and the GAA logo shouldn't be allowed on any other jersey for that year.

newg300 wrote: »
    A jersey purely to tie in with sponsors colours. What exactly even is a "supporters jersey"? Does it mean one that will never see the light of match day, but O'Neills can still flog for €62?

Like other codes, counties should be require to submit a primary and secondary kit to the GAA each January, and the GAA logo shouldn't be allowed on any other jersey for that year.

Its a good point. I see that the GAA logo isnt on the green paddy's day jerseys. Not sure if there's a difference in price with those though?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    FMCT3705.jpg

new Monaghan jersey

FMCT3790.jpg

NNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE

Connorzee wrote: »
    Just saw this on the Oneills site.. tasty jersey. The meath "supporters jersey"... Blue and green goes well

meath-2013-gaa-jersey-blue-1.jpg

I agree, what is the point in this blue jersey? Clearly a money racket. Why choose blue for Meath anyway? It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

There doesn't need to be a point. O' Neills are trying to make an extra few bob and who could blame them. Don't see why it bothers anyone, if you don't like it, well then, just don't buy it.

You need to realise the profit they are already making on those jerseys.

I see Dublin have gone without Vodafone's sponsorship tonight. Ended their deal with Vodafone earlier than expected and before the end of this year's championship, as said by Vodafone. They Dublin County Board did right.

Offaly goalie's jersey, in the background here.... serious jersey.

759076.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    I agree, what is the point in this blue jersey? Clearly a money racket. Why choose blue for Meath anyway? It makes no sense.

Blue is associated with royalty....and Meath are the Royals.....at a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Connorzee wrote: »
    Offaly goalie's jersey, in the background here.... serious jersey.

759076.jpg

I thought the offay kit was nice. Love the fitted shirts with no collars

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A lot of the jerseys are class this year in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

Browney7 wrote: »
    I thought the offay kit was nice. Love the fitted shirts with no collars

Have to agree, collars on the player fit jerseys doesn't look right. I notice Kilkenny have never opted for the player fit?

statto25 wrote: »
    Have to agree, collars on the player fit jerseys doesn't look right. I notice Kilkenny have never opted for the player fit?

The Kilkenny players would not fit into them! All big strong physical hurlers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

statto25 wrote: »

They are better off with the loose ones in my opinion.
    The reason being, that when an opponent pulls them back it easier for the ref to spot it, and so kk will pick up some soft frees

The reason being, that when an opponent pulls them back it easier for the ref to spot it, and so kk will pick up some soft frees

Kilkenny and soft frees?????

Really??
    Been getting them for years. And referees afraid to give frees against them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Good luck getting a fist of a player fit jersey to pull in the first place.

Kilkenny and soft frees?????

Really??
    Been getting them for years. And referees afraid to give frees against them

Utter nonsense! I bet you would not say that to any of the Kilkenny team or management either!

Anyway, lets stick to comments/postings on the jerseys!

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    Utter nonsense! I bet you would not say that to any of the Kilkenny team or management either!

Anyway, lets stick to comments/postings on the jerseys!

I would.
    "Brian, what about all those soft frees you get? And yet your players get away with blind murder..."

Brian:
    "Well, as you know hurling is a game for real men and there should really be no rules. We play on the edge and we don't wear fitted jerseys so the ref can clearly see the foul on the Kilkenny players..."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I would.
    "Brian, what about all those soft frees you get? And yet your players get away with blind murder..."

Brian:
    "Well, as you know hurling is a game for real men and there should really be no rules. We play on the edge and we don't wear fitted jerseys so the ref can clearly see the foul on the Kilkenny players..."

36867969.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

grenache wrote: »
    Blue is associated with royalty....and Meath are the Royals.....at a guess.

I thought it was usually purple, and if it was blue i'd imagine it would be royal blue and not sky blue, the tayto park logo is the same colurs as the jersey, so i'd agree it's a money racket to keep sponsors happy, Meath will never wear it, if their jersey clashes i'd be nearly certain they'lll wear yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Novel idea for a person who has divided loyalties.
    adults.jpg

http://www.oneills.com/gift-ideas/half-half-county-jersey-1/half-half-county-jersey.html

Of course only available for O'Neills supplied counties.

Wonder will they do the same county but half the home and half the away kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What kind of an abomination is that! Are O'Neills for real??

Advertisement