Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Well I'm back in hosp, hooked up to a rather wonderful drip.. Seriously jealous of anyone remotely symptom free!! I've also lost 16 pounds so no wonder my clothes weren't fitting! Oh well best place for me I guess. Im 10 weeks now seriously excited by that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

cyning wrote: »
    Well I'm back in hosp, hooked up to a rather wonderful drip.. Seriously jealous of anyone remotely symptom free!! I've also lost 16 pounds so no wonder my clothes weren't fitting! Oh well best place for me I guess. Im 10 weeks now seriously excited by that :)

You're right Cyning, it's the best place you can be right now - and your baby will make it all worthwhile :)

Saurelin, my hubby could easily turn eating into a sport, he eats as if he grew up in a house with 10 kids but only food for 5, he scoffs as much and as quickly as he can. And he's still a skinny minny ::rolleyes: He's quit smoking now that I'm pregnant, and has even asked his parents to completely change their typical Xmas dinner to suit me - they normally have oysters and champagne (they are French ;)) and of course I can't eat that, so he's been researching festive but safe food and has asked his dad to overcook my meat etc. It's kind of sweet!

I have had no more spotting, thank my lucky stars. I'd love to know what had caused it - that's twice now that I've noticed and had it disappear within 12 hours. In any case, I am taking it seriously easy, just in case. I can't wait to have my scan and have the first trimester in the bag :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Hi everyone! Didn`t want to start a new thread cause i`ll look like a hypocondriac!!

Are you still all exercising? Doc says its ok and can`t make a difference but I`ve had brown mucous dscharge (tmi i know) and it increases and I get cramps when I do my normal workout. Does this happen to anyone else? I think I`m going to have to stop just in case but I`ll turn into a blimp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

theg81der wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Didn`t want to start a new thread cause i`ll look like a hypocondriac!!

Are you still all exercising? Doc says its ok and can`t make a difference but I`ve had brown mucous dscharge (tmi i know) and it increases and I get cramps when I do my normal workout. Does this happen to anyone else? I think I`m going to have to stop just in case but I`ll turn into a blimp :(
    I suppose it depends on what your "work out" is?
    Personally I don't really exercise, i go for walks etc. ( I already have a child, so no time for gym)
    If you are getting a discharge then if I were you I would cut down big time on the exercise.
    You have a very important task ahead of you, growing a baby inside of you and bringing it into the world healthy. Don't do anything that will put that at risk.

Oh and your pregnant, you're going to be like a blimp regardless.

Saurelin wrote: »
    Girls do your partners eats more since you know about pregnancy?
    My Chris eats constantly and things that I would never touch.
    It is a little annoying.
    My husband eats two dinners a day. Eats crisps and biscuits. Loves cake. But is very slim. Hate that.

• Advertisement

Cyning, sorry to hear you are back in hospital. Sucks! But you are right, you're in the right place and it will all be worth it.

Kash, That's really nice of your hubby to arrange that for you.

Can't wait for Christmas girls! Decorated the house yesterday. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hope you're feeling better Cyning, I feel a bit guilty having a whinge re my morning sickness when you're going through that. My sister had to be hospitalised from dehydration from all the vomiting when she was preggers but it eased right off soon after, very near the 12wk mark, and not a bother on her after that.

I definitely would not do any very strenuous excercise, I don't care what doctors say, it just doesn't make sense that it does the baby any good. Go for walks or do Pregnancy Yoga/Pilates (reminds me must get a DVD of it or something). Or swimming is great. Just don't get really really out of breath whatever you do.

My husband cooked salmon for himself last night, I was too nauseous for it. Jesus the smell was woeful, then he went to kiss me goodbye as he had to go to work & I could smell it off him. Took me about an hour to pick up the courage to eat anything resembling a dinner after that.

I'm gone off chocolate, meat, veg & anything strong tasting. I've never ever gone off food & normally love all these things including salmon. And I feel so ill on the train, ugghhh. Going to get those seaband things for my wrists today & hope it helps.

Was 7 weeks Saturday, woohoo! Did all the decorating yesterday as well, I reckon 90% of the population did it yesterday too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 maeby

Yup have the house totally decked out! Love this time of year!!

So I got through my work party last week- and I think I got away with not drinking.I still really enjoyed the night- although I left very early just as people were beginning to get warmed up.

Has anyone thought about maternity clothes? I was thinking of looking in the January sales- would they be part of the sales?? I'm not showing yet but if I can get a bargain I'm there!

maeby wrote: »
    Has anyone thought about maternity clothes? I was thinking of looking in the January sales- would they be part of the sales?? I'm not showing yet but if I can get a bargain I'm there!

I had a taxi driver drive off with my suitcase a couple of weeks ago, so instead of buying regular replacement clothes, I bought a pair of maternity jeans. I'm glad I did, as at 9w4d and I can no longer fit in my regular clothes - which were a bit snug as it was, I always fatten up for Winter, like some sort of prize cow :D

Around the house, i'm living in hubby's clothes and a couple of one size, elasticated maxi skirts - which should see me through the next month or so - I hope!!!

Discharge is scary enough, but if you notice it getting worse with exercise, then please stop and take it easy. I used to exercise daily (addicted to zumba) but since I found out I was pregnant, I have stopped mainly because every time I over do it, I get spotting. I think that's our bodies way of saying relax and put your feet up. I'll start walking and pre-natal yoga in January, once I'm in my second trimester. It just feels right to me to stop for now. Stick to your pelvic floor exercises for now :)

Kash wrote: »
    I had a taxi driver drive off with my suitcase a couple of weeks ago, so instead of buying regular replacement clothes, I bought a pair of maternity jeans. I'm glad I did, as at 9w4d and I can no longer fit in my regular clothes - which were a bit snug as it was, I always fatten up for Winter, like some sort of prize cow :D

Kash I'm the same, my work trousers are starting to get unbearable uncomfortable. I weighed myself the other day and I've put on 7lbs in maybe 3 weeks :eek:- basically since I found out I was preg. I was so shocked as I don't think I've changed what I'm eating - I'd be conscious of the whole not eating for two thing and generally not falling into the winter-comfort-food cycle :o Plus I'm nauseous right now so not eating a lot anyway

Have you found that the number on the scales has gone up?
    My OH keeps telling me to stop freaking out but I keep making the point that women aren't meant to show & pack on pounds & need maternity wear stuff til they're a fair bit into 2nd trimester, right???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

I read somewhere that you should wear maternity wear whenever you need it, no point in being uncomfortable ladies. let's face it we've enough to deal with to deal with at the moment, I'm sooo exhausted today :(.

I've definitely put on a few pounds too, my pants are becoming increasingly tigger, so don't worry if we are all in the sae boat it's gotta be normal right? I'm way too afraid to step on those scales, I don't want to let myself become obsessive.

Ya, my exhaustion is shows in that last post, typing errors all over the place! Is it possible to have baby brain yet?

I think it differs for everyone when they start to show: one of the girls I work with had a nice baby bump at 9 weeks: very obviously not fat: more people at 16 weeks just look a little chunkier!!

My poor hubbie has practically stopped eating in the house the smell of everything was triggering me off: luckily he's a chef so I have no worries about him... He eats dinner and bfast in work and he's not about to starve anytime soon!!!

I'm still in hospital feeling like crap: consultant compared my baby to a parasite again told me not to worry about him (or her) that he was taking everything he needs from me wether I can eat or not!! Poor baby been called names so early!!

I think it differs for everyone when they start to show: one of the girls I work with had a nice baby bump at 9 weeks: very obviously not fat: more people at 16 weeks just look a little chunkier!!

My poor hubbie has practically stopped eating in the house the smell of everything was triggering me off: luckily he's a chef so I have no worries about him... He eats dinner and bfast in work and he's not about to starve anytime soon!!!

I'm still in hospital feeling like crap: consultant compared my baby to a parasite again told me not to worry about him (or her) that he was taking everything he needs from me wether I can eat or not!! Poor baby been called names so early!!
    Aww, poor baby! That's a terrible way to describe a baby! Anyway, I'm sure it wasnt meant in a nasty way. I'd be a bit pissed off though.

I don't know if I am showing or not, I'm not slim anyway, well I'd be a 12, but I've had a child already so my belly always has a bit of extra skin around there if you you know what I mean.
    My clothes are all still fitting me ok, but they would have been a bit big anyway as I had lost a bit of weight before I got married.
    I feel a bit bloated at times. And I feel really ill after a big meal, so I try to eat little more often.

I actually think he was saying it to reassure me more than anything... Kind of a bit male to say though!! Parasite.. Ffs!!

I can't wait to go baby shopping: might start in the sales!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I actually think he was saying it to reassure me more than anything... Kind of a bit male to say though!! Parasite.. Ffs!!

*Technically* (biologically speaking) a baby is a parasite, it's a being that lives off a host animal and gains nutrients and everything else from it's host, he mightn't have the best bedside manner but yes he was just trying to say that the baby will look after itself, taking all it needs from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I can't wait to go baby shopping: might start in the sales!!
    How are you now cyning??
    I got my hosp appointment for jan 9th but I have a college exam so I'll have to postpone :(
    Have another scan on Tuesday-No more discharge, spotting or sickness so myself and OH cannot wait to see how baby has grown and enjoy our last Xmas as a 2some( if you exclude the hairy baby)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I`m back - seems like ages since I`ve been on here. I had a computer virus so my poor little laptop died :cool:
    So just catching up with ye all now, welcome to all the newcomers, the more the merrier!!
    I`m still pregnant thankfully, my sickness has eased a little, I`m 9 weeks 2 days :D
    My hormones have really kicked in though, I`m crying at everything and nothing now and my legs have developed an almighty dry skin itch...Got a cream for y/day
    I had a scan last sat morning and everything was as it should, I was trying to be positive in the days before, almost bracing myself for bad news but it wasn`t til I saw the heart that I was so happy/relieved I started crying, my husband`s reaction was shock and now he "believes" there`s a baby on the way...men :rolleyes:

Ya, I can't wait for my scan, a little while to wait I'm only 7 and 1/2 weeks. Think it is really hard for my husband to comprehend at the moment that there is in fact a little one on the way, can't wait to see his face during that first scan! Feeling stupidly nauseous today :(

7 weeks - 1 whole stone :eek: wtf!!!! anybody? I`ve had one pizza and nothing else naughty.

• Advertisement

7 weeks - 1 whole stone :eek: wtf!!!! anybody? I`ve had one pizza and nothing else naughty.

I have been on a carb binge the past 10 weeks !

javagal wrote: »
    I have been on a carb binge the past 10 weeks !

Are you suggesting what I`m thinking - I`ve clearly gained your weight in some interplanatory mix up cause thats the only way I can see I`ve gain a f*cking stone!!! Wish I had ate crap but I so haven`t - everytime I think ooooo I`d love a burger I say no I`m not feeding my baba that and go have some veggies!

:confused: Oh and anyone have a suggestion for a fun way to tell my sisters on xmas day (can`t wait)? I have a scan picture what could I do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 purple_monkey

Just found out a few days ago that I am pregnant - I'm guessing about 4 weeks judging from the night of the incident. It means i'm due in August? but i'll join here if none of you mind :D

:confused: Oh and anyone have a suggestion for a fun way to tell my sisters on xmas day (can`t wait)? I have a scan picture what could I do with it?

To tell me mum that she was pregnant (first grandchild) my sister bought a little pink booty and sent it in an envelope to my mum with a little note reading "guess who will be arriving soon" ... maybe you could do something like that? maybe get a little box and put the scan picture and a little booty/some other cute baby thing and give it to your sisters?

I'm trying to think of ways of telling my family also.. although my message is "just turned 20, still in college and now i'm pregnant" so it won't receive the same response as i imagine yours will. But, if you have any suggestions of how to break the news, feel free! :o

I'm trying to think of ways of telling my family also.. although my message is "just turned 20, still in college and now i'm pregnant" so it won't receive the same response as i imagine yours will. But, if you have any suggestions of how to break the news, feel free! :o

Like a bandage - rip it off! Don`t worry people can suprise you. Few years ago I went with my 18 year old friend to tell her very catholic small town parent and they came out of it so much stronger, she said she realised just how much they loved her and it showed her that they will be there no matter what.

To tell me mum that she was pregnant (first grandchild) my sister bought a little pink booty and sent it in an envelope to my mum with a little note reading "guess who will be arriving soon" ... maybe you could do something like that? maybe get a little box and put the scan picture and a little booty/some other cute baby thing and give it to your sisters?

I'm 23, in college and pregnant(engaged all the same)- My mam's delighted, hope yours will be too!

Thanks for the responses!
    I know my parents are going to be furious... but my mum MAY come around after a while, my dad won't though. Education is the most important thing to him (and to me). It could be ok but i'm only with my boyfriend a few months so... :/
    I still have to tell my boyfriend... am avoiding it though! that's another bandage i need to rip off... Oh, the joys!

I know my parents are going to be furious... but my mum MAY come around after a while, my dad won't though. Education is the most important thing to him (and to me). It could be ok but i'm only with my boyfriend a few months so... :/
    I still have to tell my boyfriend... am avoiding it though! that's another bandage i need to rip off... Oh, the joys!

Your parents may surprise you yet. If I were you, I would tell my boyfriend as soon as possible too, or else I would be tearing my hair out wondering how he would take it. Better to get it out in the open - your imagination will be way worse than the reality, I'm sure.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck - and remember you can always come on here for a bit of moral support whenever you need it.

Best of luck telling them Purple Monkey. It'll all work out and they'll come around, it's an exciting time and it doesn't mean you have to give up on the college stuff. Is there a counsellor in the college you can talk to re any support for you so you can keep up with your studies?

• Advertisement

And even if your parents don't react well all that will be forgotten when baby comes along... I would tell your boyfriend though: you need the support. And to stop stressing about how they all might react... And this thread is great for chatting!!

I had another scan today: baby wriggled so much and moved its arm it was really hard for them to get measurements. Still in hospital :( feel like I'm never ever going to get out of here: but it's so much easier when I know baby okay :)

Advertisement