Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Kash wrote: »
    Oh silly, I feel for you! But if you've had it since Saturday, and it's still an actual headache, and not the remains of one - then I would go to the doctor. And double-check about the paracetamol, I read that it can affect the fertility of your unborn child. I'll see if i can find the article, because it might have been specific to a particular trimester...

And of course, make sure you are drinking water and that you have no bright light sources in the corner of your eye - they are both instant headache triggers for me!
    Thanks Kash.
    Headache is still there! Unfortunately my desk faces a wall of windows! And the sun is shining right in. There's no escaping it! Trying to hide behind my computer.
    Will fill up my water bottle and start drinking that.
    Headache is not as bad as Saturday, but I know it will get worse as I get tired later.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Ah you poor thing, my head was really sensitive the first week or so. Any loud noises or bright lights made it very very bad. It's gone now thank god, along with the morning sickness, my doc assures me that the morning sickness may come back at some stage however. She also said that paracetamol is fine to take, it's about the only pain killer you can take while pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Minxy Moo wrote: »
    Ah you poor thing, my head was really sensitive the first week or so. Any loud noises or bright lights made it very very bad. It's gone now thank god, along with the morning sickness, my doc assures me that the morning sickness may come back at some stage however. She also said that paracetamol is fine to take, it's about the only pain killer you can take while pregnant.
    i got the noise sensitivity too.. Was sick again this morning but i find the travel sickness bracelets brilliant as well as eating small bits. 9 weeks yesterday- isn't the time just flying..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Java did your morning sickness start at 9weeks? Or had you had it before, it went away & came back?

Anyone else only start their morning sickness at some point after the 6wk mark?

**internally freaking out that I may still get MS :eek:***

Mink wrote: »
    Java did your morning sickness start at 9weeks? Or had you had it before, it went away & came back?

Anyone else only start their morning sickness at some point after the 6wk mark?

**internally freaking out that I may still get MS :eek:***
    Mink, on the same boat as you, nearly 8 weeks and still no MS.

• Advertisement

Ya I'm wondering if mine will come back or not? I think my hormones kicked in yesterday, suddenly I'm overreacting to everything and I can't take a joke. Poor husband :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

On the headaches I have two things that work wonders for me: one is the Migraine Kool n Soothe patches. I put them on my forehead and they work wonders: also used use them on the back of my neck if I was in work. Or else a heatpatch especially if the headache is in the back of the neck.

The other thing is the 4head stick: you just rub it on your temples and behind your ears. Especially if its a sinusy headache!

I have not got sick at all today and it is two o clock: I am so proud of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 maeby

hey girls- mind if I join in? (been lurking on this forum so decided to bite the bullet and join!)
    I'm 7 weeks tomorrow- I think I'm due at the end of July. We are having a private scan on the 23rd so that we can tell our families at Christmas! Very excited but it's hard not being able to tell anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Silly I was told by the doctor that I could panadol for headaches etc! There is nothing worse than a headache that just won't go away though! Drink plenty of water!

I've a private scan tomorrow evening to get a definite due date - cos I'm still not sure when baby is due! Can't wait to see him/her very excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PuntoSeller

Cyning that's great news about the little one, must be great finally seeing a scan!
    Morning Sickness-wise it's more an afternoon queasiness, evening sickness type thing.
    I feel so ill after eating dinner, but I'm dying hungry if I don't eat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LostGirl

Hi All

Used to be quite a big boards.ie user when I lived in Ireland (under a different u/name) but have moved home now and although I still lurk every now and then I thought I would join in this thread having just found out I am due on 3 July with our first :) VERY unexpected, but now we have come around to the idea, very excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Welcome to maeby and lost-girl - really looking forward to hearing your stories throughout.

I am feeling surprisingly well this morning, no queasiness at all! And as seems to be typical of my pregnancy, instead of being releived, I am now worried about that, but hey, i'm worried about everything!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LostGirl

Ha, you and me both Kash, I had a terrible nightmare the other night about something going wrong and then after I saw the Dr and had my bloods etc done I was freaking out that she was going to call and say "Uhhh, you mad woman, you're not pregnant at all" hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

LostGirl wrote: »
    Ha, you and me both Kash, I had a terrible nightmare the other night about something going wrong and then after I saw the Dr and had my bloods etc done I was freaking out that she was going to call and say "Uhhh, you mad woman, you're not pregnant at all" hahaha

I'm the same, was glad to read in the what to expect book that it's normal.

Was away in Dublin for the weekend, bit of a disaster really. If I wasn't feeling sick, I was practically falling asleep standing up. Back to work tomorrow and I don't know how I'm going to cope as the tiredness seems to be getting worse!

I'm the same girls, kinda wish I had morning sickness so I knew everything was progressing as it should in there. I get those ligament pains every now and then tho when I stand up to quickly, so that's a bit of reassurance I guess :) Anyone else get them ? Its like a quick sharp pain, only lasts a couple of seconds.

Minxy, I get stretchy pains, intermittent mini-cramps, odd little twinges and sensations... it never ends, but i think it's normal.

I also have severe exhaustion - I was always someone who survived on very little sleep, anything over 6 hours was a lie in, and now I go to bed at 10 and struggle to wake at 8. Thankfully, I work from home, so at least i can do a morniings work without even getting out from under the duvet! :D

I am starting to look decidely pregnant. My body shape has changed dramatically already - I feel hideously fat and am hiding out in hubbys sweatpants and hoodies!

Does anyone know when you should get the letter about your first scan? Does it vary a lot by hospital?

Minxy Moo wrote: »
    I'm the same girls, kinda wish I had morning sickness so I knew everything was progressing as it should in there. I get those ligament pains every now and then tho when I stand up to quickly, so that's a bit of reassurance I guess :) Anyone else get them ? Its like a quick sharp pain, only lasts a couple of seconds.
    yeah i get them, ladies sitting in hospital waiting room waiting on scan. Had spotting this morning and rushed straight here. Totally heartbroken i might be losing my baby.. In tears in the waiting room :(

javagal wrote: »
    yeah i get them, ladies sitting in hospital waiting room waiting on scan. Had spotting this morning and rushed straight here. Totally heartbroken i might be losing my baby.. In tears in the waiting room :(

Oh java - my thoughts are with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Fingers crossed you will have positive news today Java. Thinking of you

Javagal I was going through the same thing last week and words can't describe how it feels.
    Fingers crossed everything is ok for you- if it's any consolation my bleed was heavy and I could feel it flowing like a heavy period (sorry for too much info) and everything was ok.

• Advertisement

Please god, everything is okay Java! I'll be thinking of you.

maeby wrote: »
    Javagal I was going through the same thing last week and words can't describe how it feels.
    Fingers crossed everything is ok for you- if it's any consolation my bleed was heavy and I could feel it flowing like a heavy period (sorry for too much info) and everything was ok.
    thanks maeby, this wasn't a heavy bleed, it was only when i wiped but after having brown discharge and them seeing this i panicked. Really really hope i see baby's heart. I couldn't think of a better christmas gift :(

Best of luck javagal.
    I'm sure everything is fine.
    Let us know.

Best wishes xx

Back from hospital. Baby is still there. Seen heartbeat-got picture.
    They think i'm 2 weeks earlier than what I thought, they think I'm more 7 weeks as I came off pill they think what I thought was my period was actually a withdrawel bleed.

Anyway I'm just delighted to see baby, well my little blob.

Back from hospital. Baby is still there. Seen heartbeat-got picture.
    They think i'm 2 weeks earlier than what I thought, they think I'm more 7 weeks as I came off pill they think what I thought was my period was actually a withdrawel bleed.

Anyway I'm just delighted to see baby, well my little blob.
    Fantastic news Java!!!!

Congrats!!!

silly wrote: »
    Fantastic news Java!!!!

Congrats!!!

Thanks silly, I'm totally weirded out by the baby measuring small. I hope it catches up to my dates

Great news- delighted for you!! I think I'm 7 weeks today too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Java... Im so delighted: its so worrying.. Im just delighted you saw scan and everything was okay... just relax and mind yourself and put your feet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hi & welcome to the newbies!

Java, only getting on net now so I missed everything. So glad everything came out alright on the scan. I wouldn't worry too much re the dating, I don't think it's as accurate in these early weeks, it will be more accurate around the 12 week mark as far as I know. Could you hear the hearbeat as well as see it on the monitor. I'm dying for my first scan!!

I'm actually not eating any more than usual but my belly feels like another layer of fat as attached itself & my hips feel wider. I actually feel shorter when I look in a full length mirror as I've broadened out & look squatter or something. Dreading getting a Christmas party dress & trying to look somewhat decent for the festive season.

Speaking of private scans, does anyone know of somewhere nearish to Dublin where you can get it done on a weekend and it's 100 euro or less?

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »
    Hi & welcome to the newbies!

Java, only getting on net now so I missed everything. So glad everything came out alright on the scan. I wouldn't worry too much re the dating, I don't think it's as accurate in these early weeks, it will be more accurate around the 12 week mark as far as I know. Could you hear the hearbeat as well as see it on the monitor. I'm dying for my first scan!!

I'm actually not eating any more than usual but my belly feels like another layer of fat as attached itself & my hips feel wider. I actually feel shorter when I look in a full length mirror as I've broadened out & look squatter or something. Dreading getting a Christmas party dress & trying to look somewhat decent for the festive season.

Speaking of private scans, does anyone know of somewhere nearish to Dublin where you can get it done on a weekend and it's 100 euro or less?
    Thanks Mink!
    Thanks everyone for your support, sitting here beside the dog and my picture of my baby(which tbh looks like a sock puppet!)
    Mink, I could only see heartbeart flashing. Doctor got a new machine so he was more interested in his machine than me in tears on the bed!!
    I know Holles Street to private scans http://www.merrionfetalhealth.ie/early-dating-pregnancy-scans/?gclid=CPCkuOHL7awCFcQf4QodZRWGMw

So happy :D

Advertisement