Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

BTW Meet baby Java :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

So relieved for u Java x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    BTW Meet baby Java :D
    Awwwww.

javagal wrote: »
    Thanks Mink!
    Thanks everyone for your support, sitting here beside the dog and my picture of my baby(which tbh looks like a sock puppet!)
    Mink, I could only see heartbeart flashing. Doctor got a new machine so he was more interested in his machine than me in tears on the bed!!
    I know Holles Street to private scans http://www.merrionfetalhealth.ie/early-dating-pregnancy-scans/?gclid=CPCkuOHL7awCFcQf4QodZRWGMw

So happy :D
    silly wrote: »
    Awwwww.

My lovely little blob is now sitting on the christmas tree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

That's great news java - what a relief!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Yay, that's brilliant news java :) I'm 6 weeks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi Everyone,

Java thats great news - loved seeing your little picture, I have a scan next wed so im guessing wil be something similar?

Have been having a good bit of discomfort at night time with sore boobs and have the problem sorted. I went into M&S and got a light sports bra / crop top and have used this the last 2 nights under my t-shirt and man its some improvement and no pain at all now! Totally recommend it!

Been having some crazy food ideas in my head, just had a baked sausage roll and couscous salad for dinner - very very random but had been thinking about it since yesterday!! Anyone else having any crazy food ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 maeby

Hey Mink- I know what you're saying about the Christmas party dress nightmare- I bought a dress yesterday for my party next week. Tried it on last night and there's a bit of bloating at the tummy area alright- what you'd expect in a skin tight dress!! I'm a bit worried about it now.
    Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Been having some crazy food ideas in my head, just had a baked sausage roll and couscous salad for dinner - very very random but had been thinking about it since yesterday!! Anyone else having any crazy food ideas?

Not having cravings as such but I am turned off most foods that I normally like- even chocolate!! And my appetite has decreased slightly. And even with all that I'm still bloating! Not fair..

Javagirl - so glad to hear everything is ok with you. Must have been lovely to see the baba.

Kiwi - I have two weeks of training in work (boo!) so break and lunch times are set. Today I spent the hour before lunch fantasizing about eating salt and vinegar taytos. Mmmm. I find I have very strange food habits when preg - last time I could only eat jaffa cakes and apple juice from 8 - 10 weeks and couldn't go near any kind of meat for the first trimester. Nearly puked every time I went near a butchers. This time it's not as bad but I can't stand mashed potatoes (the most inoffensive food ever!?!).

Can't decide whether or not to get a private scan myself. My dates are very uncertain but the hospital won't scan me til 20 weeks. Wouldn't be so bad except that I went 11 days over on baby no. 1 and I'd hate to be induced unnecessarily. Don't really have the money this side of Christmas though...

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Javagal I'm glad everything is ok.

Silly I had migraine whole Sunday and half of yesterday. One of my friends told me to make tea with sugar and slice of lemon and some honey, it was weird but actually I felt better afterwords.

I told my boss last evening. He was not happy. I took me some time to get over his reaction.

• Advertisement

Saurelin wrote: »
    Javagal I'm glad everything is ok.

Silly I had migraine whole Sunday and half of yesterday. One of my friends told me to make tea with sugar and slice of lemon and some honey, it was weird but actually I felt better afterwords.

I told my boss last evening. He was not happy. I took me some time to get over his reaction.

Oh no, hope your ok now. I'm not looking forward to telling mine. Don't know whether to tell him before or after Christmas.
    I'm the most senior in my office at the minute, and as a result end up with the majority of the work. So I'm looking forward to some of the load been taking off next year.

How is everyone dealing with the exhaustion? I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me. I slept for the best part of an hour in the middle of the day, today. And its not like I'm not sleeping at night. I'm out like a light and just wake up to go toilet and straight back to sleep again.

Thanks saurelin re: the headache tea! It's gone now thank god, I think I am leaving too big a gap between meals, so I need some snaking suggestions!

For the last week I have been eating 3 ginger nut biscuits at about 11.30 am.

I have not done a tap in the last few weeks.only the bare minimum. My wedding dress is still hanging up in the downstairs bathroom... Filthy! Really need to sort that out.
    I have my brand new inlaws coming for Christmas dinner this yr! I've ordered the turkey and that's all!

Hubby's work is alot quiter now until the end of jan, so he'll be at home when I get in from work. I'm already thinking of a few jobs he could be doing.

Haven't told my boss yet. I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm a newly wed so I think they're expecting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Have been having a good bit of discomfort at night time with sore boobs and have the problem sorted. I went into M&S and got a light sports bra / crop top and have used this the last 2 nights under my t-shirt and man its some improvement and no pain at all now! Totally recommend it!

+1 I'm using a sports bra from M&S at night as well, just too uncomfortable without it.

Speaking if which, was in the shower last night, OH walzes in and then is like "jesus, the size of your nipples!" haha. I had just noticed it in the mirror before getting in the shower. I'm not prepared for it to be honest, I thought that stuff doesn't start changing til the end of the pregnancy. I don't know if he was impressed or perturbed, probably both.

Have private scan booked for 23rd Dec, will be a day short of 9 weeks so shouldn't be any problems seeing heartbeat at that stage... all going well. Can't wait!!!!

I think a bit of nausea has crept into my life. I notice it in the morning & evening when going back & forth on train, I'm usually very hungry at these times. Also the hour before lunch today I felt ill. I'm not at the stage of hurling or going off food but I don't normally feel like that when I'm hungry so I'm putting it down to hormones.

Shall be getting a packet of ginger biccies for such times. Don't want to be panicing on a packed train about where I'm going to vomit :eek:

Hope everyone else is dandy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PuntoSeller

Mink I'm getting an early private scan that day too! Think we're around the same weeks gone too I'll be 9+1 I think.
    For the queasyness I bought crystalised ginger and I pop that in my water flask, noone can see it in it, and I top it up during the day. Tastes lovely, don't do it with ground ginger it just tastes powdery.

I get hungry as soon as I get on the bus and I've had breakfast less then 20 mins before that! Nighttime is my sicktime, literally from 8:30 I feel like I'm dying and end up going to bed feeling ill with a bucket beside me.

An you're two days ahead of me punto. We'll have to post the scans when we get them. Really looking forward to it and hoping we'll be able to see quite a bit at 9 weeks.

Yes definitely feeling queasy on the train. I guess it's a good sign but hope it doesn't escalate to actual puking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MadKat

due 5th of july!! so hard to keep it a secret until after xmas!! So excited! I found out at five weeks was getting very bad nausea untill 8 weeks and im 10 weeks now and feeling good! An off day here and there but mainly good! Congrats everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Hey all I had a scan last night - OMG amazing!! It was an early scan to determine due date cos I wasn't sure as I have always had very irregular periods! So it turns out I'm due on the 24th June and not in July! So I am 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant already!!! It's amazing how much detail there is at only 11 weeks!! To anyone who is wanting an early scan and has any worries I totally recommend it - I was so worried about something being wrong it was just very reassuring to finally see junior for real!!!

I guess now that I have an official due date I'm going to have change the Due in June forum!!! Good luck everyone hope everything goes well!!

Bye lmullen - best of luck in the June forum! And best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Welcome madKat. And congrats! You'll be 12 weeks by Christmas, so at least you can tell your family then! I'll only be 10 weeks at Christmas, so not sure if I'll tell people or not. Maybe just my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Hi silly, I'll be 10 weeks at Christmas as well, we are going to tell both families on Christmas day. I just think it would be awesome to announce it during Christmas dinner :) my mother and father in law don't have any grand children yet, so it will be an amazing Christmas present for them, and of course my folks will be delighted as well.

hey ladies - I hope everyone is feeling well today!

I am into my 10th week - 9 weeks, 1 day. Wow.
    My baby has fingernails - this has completely blown my mind, and my hubbie is fascinated - he's even downloaded a dads to be iphone app, and keeps texting me little pearls of wisdom from it. He's finding it very tough to be away during this time, but at least he's home next Friday, and won't have to head off again until the New Year.

My nausea has almost completely gone now - I get very mild nausea in the morning, and a little in the evening after I eat, but nothing horrendous. But I would easily sleep 14 hours a day if i could (and probably get up to pee 10 times during that)

I am living in elasticated waist skirts and pants though :)

Will anyone else need to buy a new car for the baby? We have two big dogs and a small hatchback - there is no way we can fit a baby and their accessories into the mix in the current one!

Oh, and speaking of new things for the baby - I told my Mum we would look for things in the January sales, and she nearly had a melt down - made me promise that I would not buy anything for the baby so soon, and also - that when I did buy things - I was to keep them at her house! Apparantly it's bad luck to have a cot/pushchair in the house!
    I think she has lost it, but I am willing to indulge her craziness if it keeps her happy. Has anyone else heard any old wives tales?

• Advertisement

Kash wrote: »
    hey ladies - I hope everyone is feeling well today!

I am into my 10th week - 9 weeks, 1 day. Wow.
    My baby has fingernails - this has completely blown my mind, and my hubbie is fascinated - he's even downloaded a dads to be iphone app, and keeps texting me little pearls of wisdom from it. He's finding it very tough to be away during this time, but at least he's home next Friday, and won't have to head off again until the New Year.

My nausea has almost completely gone now - I get very mild nausea in the morning, and a little in the evening after I eat, but nothing horrendous. But I would easily sleep 14 hours a day if i could (and probably get up to pee 10 times during that)

I am living in elasticated waist skirts and pants though :)

Will anyone else need to buy a new car for the baby? We have two big dogs and a small hatchback - there is no way we can fit a baby and their accessories into the mix in the current one!

Oh, and speaking of new things for the baby - I told my Mum we would look for things in the January sales, and she nearly had a melt down - made me promise that I would not buy anything for the baby so soon, and also - that when I did buy things - I was to keep them at her house! Apparantly it's bad luck to have a cot/pushchair in the house!
    I think she has lost it, but I am willing to indulge her craziness if it keeps her happy. Has anyone else heard any old wives tales?

Sounds exactly like my mam!! i don't understand it at all!! bless them the mad yokes!!

Kash, I too have a big dog and had a small micra and had to upgrade, got a slightly bigger car and a van to carry the hairy baby!!]
    At the minute I am living in my oh's hoodies, looking like a total scruff leaving the house but comfort over style!!

I've two dogs too, and after I crashed my hatchback in the summer, I ended up buying a saloon. They're fine in the boot, with the armrest thingy down so they can poke their little noses out. I just hope that the car seat will fit properly with that arm rest down in the middle of the seat.

One of the first things his mother said when he told her was "the dogs will have to stay out more now." She has another thing coming. The dogs have a great nature and have the basic commands of "leave it", "bed", "sit" etc and I plan to get extra strict on my sometimes relaxed no begging rule over the next few months.
    What do other people plan to do with their animals to prepare them for the new arrival?

On the clothes issue, I've gone up a dress size I'd say. Seem to happen over night. I'm not overly happy about this as I'd worked really hard to loose weight last year and now all my clothes are too tight for me again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have the exact opposite problem with clothes at the moment: I've lost weight and my jeans wont stay up on me unless I wear a belt. And wearing a belt is seriously uncomfortable. But dresses and skirts emphasise my nice rounded belly especially in the evening.... and i point blank refuse to buy clothes in a smaller size when I'm pregnant!

Kash I don't pay any attention to the old wives tales. I have a couple babygro's bought for months before I even got preg, just to celebrate that I was TTC. I'll certainly be getting stuff early if the deals come up.

Kildareash I have 2 cats & we let them wherever in the house. I'm either going to get them used to not sleeping in our bedroom a month or 2 before due date, or I'm going to get one of those nets that stops cats getting into the crib. I highly doubt they would as they are both scare of their own shadow so they'll be terrified of the baby!

I feel so frumpy, just bloated, big boobs, my waist is disappearing. I'm really bummed as I'm only 7 weeks tomorrow and I haven't really changed my eating, not eating more or anything :( It's a small complaint but very disconcerting coming up to xmas party time. Work trousers are starting to cut off circulation!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi Everyone - Know the feeling about the old trackies and hoodies. my jeans just dont feel comfortable now even though by the scales I have not put on any weight.

Kash - I too have dogs, 2 big hairy golden retrievers in Fact. They love to come in the car every opportunity they get as the back seats of my jeep fold up so essentially it turns into a van ( with seats when you need it!), I have occasionally put them into the back/boot with the seats up but its tight enough for space for the two of them! The back seats can be put up seperatley so Im guess Ill put one half up for the baby and the dogs can have the other half and the boot! The will not be impressed! Im sure people with think with a new baby my two beloved dogs will have to take a back seat and be treated like dogs instead of humans!!! not likely!! I have them inside during the evening etc and dont plan on locking them outside - new baby or not!

What is everybody putting on their shopping lists? I dont even know where to start or even know what you should buy initially! Probably end up with far to much of something and totally forget something important ha ha!!

I've had a scary evening - feeling like a million bucks all day, and then this evening I went to the loo, and noticed a pink discharge. It went brown within the hour, and is very light now. But as we all know - it only takes something tiny to inspire a full scale freak out.

I know if I called the doc they would tell me to relax, take it easy and come in if it gets worse, so that's what I'm doing, but it's hard. Especially with the house to myself, and hubby in another country :(

So keep your fingers crossed for me that it all clears up. I'm doing my best to stay relaxed and positive.

Kiwi, mine are about that size too, but they're very close, so they'll often stretch out on top of each other in the back seat. They love to sleep on top of each other, although I always feel sorry for the one stuck on the bottom - they are heavy dogs!

They sleep in the bedroom, so I may have to kick them out, but to be honest, I don't know if t will be necessary. It's a biggish room.

And we have a cat, I've had him for 8 years, and he sleeps on the bed. I don't think he'll ever get used to not being allowed to do that, and will scratch at the window/door and cry if he is kept out.

So, I don't really know how we are going to integrate a baby into the menagerie, but I'm sure we'll manage

Keep us posted Kash, I'm sure everything will be fine, though it's hard when you're on your own.

I need to vent! I feel like I have a hangover stomach all day, hungry but really put off everything. Went to Tescos to do the weekly shop. I wandered around aimlessly for nearly 2hrs. I picked up maybe 2 Christmas pressies but I couldn't stomach going down many of the food aisles!

So I ended up buying 9 different types of fruit & yoghurt, horlicks, noodles, a bottle of bitter lemon & a bottle of ginger ale & cat food and left! WTF was I at? I have no food in the house but I just couldn't even pick up food for OH, the thoughts of it makes me feel ill. I just want to eat fruit & carbs and not go near meat & veg. So weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Hi all,

I haven't been on in a week, I had a bleed last Sat evening, rang hospital and got appointment for EPU last Monday - had scan and heartbeat was found and we were so relieved!! I had 2 sleepless nights waiting for the scan, but it was just such a relief to see that flicker of a heartbeat on the screen and they were so lovely in the EPU. So if any of you have any worries about discharges or bleeds contact the EPU to put your mind at rest. Hope everyone is doing ok since I was last on. I am 8 weeks tomorrow thank god!

Kash and March11, Sorry that you ladies joined the spotters club along with myself and cyning, but unity and comfort in numbers :) xx

My diet has gone atrocious- I can eat bread,pasta and ice pops.My favourite food of all time is curry and I made one the other day and I thought I was gonna vomit when I ate mushrooms and peppers. My fiance is doing the cooking so I can't see what he's putting in it. Have been taking it seriously easy to not promote more bleeding.
    After TTC I thought I'd never want to have sex again but 4 weeks without it for fear of bleeding is Killer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Girls do your partners eats more since you know about pregnancy?
    My Chris eats constantly and things that I would never touch.
    It is a little annoying.

Advertisement